Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 months out and I'm still gassey. It's gotten to be a joke now. My huband just laughs and says stuff like: "Is that toad back again????" or "Uh oh.... You stepped on the duck?" I tell him "It wasn't me!" We both look around the corner and laugh...... In my case it didn't go away. I now also burp like a sailor. I may LOOK more lady like now, but I certainly don't burp like one!!!! LOL On certain occasions, the gas is so bad it hurts and I can't seem to pass it. My doctor said that some people just naturally swallow more air when eating or talking. If I get a big gas build up from certain foods, I have to take GasX to be comfortable again. It works like a miracle in those instances.

Hey. It's me. Try using lactose free milk. I didn't need it much before, but after the band it really helped with gas.

I read somewhere that a high Protein diet also causes a lot of gas and I guess that is true because I tend to be more gassy on days when I am actually having more Protein in my diet. If I cut back, it isn't that bad. I have never been so gassy in all my life.

I hope it does eventually go away. I read the average person farts 14 times a day and I think right now,mine is that x's 3, LOL!!!!

I didn't think I would ever pass gas more than my youngest son.

sounds bad, but I was glad to see this thread...my husband keeps asking me what is wrong with me...I am fine all day and then around 8pm...look out, you don't want to be in the same room. I keep telling him there is a duck loose in the house...it has become a joke...oh well, I look and feel better now so that is the important part. He is going to have to deal with it...:biggrin:

I think it's fair warning to bring a gas mask to the lap band convention!

I am so glad I found this post because I am in the same boat and wondering what happened to me! I burp and fart like a machine!

For me, the gas is its worst in the evening and night!

Skinipete you are hilarious!!

I am a nightshift nurse and I will be so mortified if I have to sneak in room during the night to check on one of my pediatric patients and let one out. As it is, I get so embarrassed when my stomach makes all these strange noises when I am trying to talk to the families or during and IV start.

I love this thread too. All you guys are awesome.

I've never heard of Protein diets creating more gas. They can make on constipated....I've never had gas from that, but maybe that's the connection to high Protein. Lot's of Water takes care of the Constipation.< /p>

A tend to have a lot of gas from three things- two old, one new. It was too much wheat flour and too much soda. Those are gone. Now I have a new one- I fill up with gas when my stomach is empty. THAT'S NEW!

When I have a fill and have to be on liquid for two days.....yikes. I fill right up with gas. And along with the lovely scar on my belly, they seem to have installed a new routing for gas inside me. Since banding, anytime I get gassy, it goes right to the left shoulder....just like after surgery. I'm accustomed to it now, but it does hurt when it happens. Happily it's not often. But that's a new wrinkle in my life.

Glad I discovered this topic as I was beginning to get bloated ....what with my "cheeks" crossed in an effort to stop the thunder from down under. I was been banded about 5 months ago and there has been no let up, usually as soon as I relax in bed. Fortunately in the main its noise only and little if any odour

OMG! You guys are hilarious! I swear, I am right there with you......I find that when I bend over to put the laundry in the washer, I unexpectedly BELCH like a steam train......never used to burp so much or so loud. I have some problem with the "other end" but not so bad....until I had some milk yesterday.....you can imagine, everytime I moved I was blasting the fur off my cats. AND my tummy was BURBeling all day, sounded like when my brother used to belch the alphabet when we were kids. My 2 little boys (5 & 2 yrs) think Mommy's new sounds are hilarious but my DH could live without the sound effects! LOL I guess I will lay off the milk until I can get some lactaid or something......

Happy "crop dusting" everyone!

Judie

my gas is bad too! i'm only 2 days out but my pain sucks! gas-x helps a bit but not that much. no-one ever warned me of the gas pain!

aremers,

WALK ALOT!! Rock in a rocking chair if you have one, that helps a little also.....but make sure you walk, walk and walk some more and the gas pains should subside. I am 1 week and 1 day post op and most of my gas pains are gone, still get a twinge in the sternum area and around rib cage......that was the absolute WORST for me, pain wise, after surgery. It will get better. :thumbup:)

Judie

i have been banded for 15 months. and the gas has never stopped.

i work the evening shift and it seems worse after i get to work. i will be okay till around 5pm and then it starts. i have to get up and go for a walk to let loose. thank goodness i work in a factory type setting so it is very noisy in there and no one can hear.

it is very uncomfortable and nothing seems to really help. i am about ready to ask my doctor if i can get family medical leave for gas, that way i can call in sick on really bad days. but then again every day is pretty bad. it doesnt seem to matter what i eat. i have tried it all. gasx, mylanta, charcoal tabs--at first i think they work but then they stop.

has anyone tried that Activia? does it work. says in two weeks it will stop bloating, diarrhea, Constipation and gas. i am willing to try anything.

i have been banded for 15 months. and the gas has never stopped.

i work the evening shift and it seems worse after i get to work. i will be okay till around 5pm and then it starts. i have to get up and go for a walk to let loose. thank goodness i work in a factory type setting so it is very noisy in there and no one can hear.

it is very uncomfortable and nothing seems to really help. i am about ready to ask my doctor if i can get family medical leave for gas, that way i can call in sick on really bad days. but then again every day is pretty bad. it doesnt seem to matter what i eat. i have tried it all. gasx, mylanta, charcoal tabs--at first i think they work but then they stop.

has anyone tried that Activia? does it work. says in two weeks it will stop bloating, diarrhea, Constipation and gas. i am willing to try anything.

Have you tried Beano - I have gas usual in the mornings but it's while I am still at home (but I had it prior to banding to so can't say it's band related)- are you drinking with a straw - or taking alot of air in when you are drinking your Water