Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost something very important today

I never expected such an outpouring of support. You have all helped to remove the sting from this loss. His sister Lucy has become such a comfort as well. Today I was sitting in the studio and found one of his toys under my piano. It actually brought joy. He always layed under my feet when I work. My wife and I are doing fine now. We miss him but now we can only smile when thinking of him. You guys have been a tremendous blessing to us. Thank you.

I hope your heart is healing. Pedro was sending you a message that he is with you when you found his toy.

:wink2: I so understand your love and hurt. I am so very sorry. I lost my black lab to a car 4 days ago. My little house dog is slowing down now that he is 10 year old. I have lost a few already and sometimes wonder why we put ourself through it. May God give you peace.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

julie

My heart is hurting for you. I try very hard not to read sad animal stories because of the heavey heart I feel however i couldnt help but read yours. I have 4 dogs (all rescues) and have had dogs all my life. Losing one is losing your family member and the pain is unbearable. Give yourself some time to grieve then go to shelter and save a life. You can find the most wonderful dogs there including pure breeds. It wont replace the one you lost but will give you a new being to love and help you smile again.

I am so sorry for your loss....sometime it hurts so bad when we lose pets you wonder if it is worth having them. But if you stop and remember all the love and happiness you got from them, you'll see that it is worth it! And I would get another one after a while. You'll never be able to replace Pedro, but another dog will help fill some of the emptiness left by his passing, and Lucy will love having another companion also.

I am so sorry about the loss of your little baby. We just lost our 1 year old lab when she ran out in front of a car (she NEVER went near the road before!) My husband has PTSD and got her after his return from Iraq...she was a life saver to him and she went EVERYWHERE with him. He had such a hard time after she was killed. The kids and I discussed it and MADE him go look at shelter dogs. We thought it would be best for him to get one because of his depression...we now have 2 new babies!! They will never take the place of Chloe, but at least we know that they needed him as much as he need them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm on vacation and my son called me crying yesterday because he backed over our 19 year old cat. That's such a horrifying thing. My heart goes out to you :(

-Dawn (Minnesota)

I'm sorry about your loss. I have 3 cats and the thought of losing any of them makes me want to cry.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have a chiweenie and can understand your grief. I am glad that you are remembering the good times and glad Lucy can be of comfort. I have had to put one of my dogs to sleep and although it was hard, it does get better over time.

I see you are newly banded, I hope that is going well, it is the best thing I have ever done....Good Luck:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches