Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

WOW Roheryn

You have lost that must since Aug 27th banding. I am impressed.

I will be watching my weight, can't gain any back too hard to lose.

Good Luck to you too. 8 weeks seems forever.

Hey DAnna,

I am waiting 7 weeks and would like to get it tomorrow!!! My appointment is October 14th. I can't wait. I feel like I am just trying to maintain the loss and going nowhere. I was banded on Aug 12th and have lost a total of 38 pounds (pre and post surgery). Hang in there we will make it!!!

Hey VWalker,

That is awesome. You guys are loosing so much more than I am. I was happy about my weight loss, but....... maybe I am doing something wrong? However, it is still a lot of weight. I started with a low BMI and was told it would be harder to lose. (33.8). My husband (the dog Ha, Ha)

Started at 39 BMI and has lost 32 lbs. We had surgery on the same day.

Congratulations. I guess several people have to wait until 7 or 8 weeks for their 1st fill appointment.

My first fill is going to be almost one month from surgery date. I was banded on August 25th and my first fill will be September 24th. Is there a reason you have to wait eight weeks? That just seems like a long time. I hope it flies for you! :tt1:

Slimteacherin08,

I am using FillcentersUSA and they are booked until that time. Had I known I would have called in to schedule sooner. I actually called them before the surgery. I was told to call back at 4 weeks, so I did and this is what happened. They only do fills on Wednesdays in Austin TX.

Unfortunatley, the only other FillcentersUSA is in Houston and they don't do fluoro. My doctoer Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey says I must do fluoro the first time. I did find out that Austin fill center requires fluoro every fill. They charge $165.00 visit plus $80.40 for the fluoro.

FillcentersUSA charges $349.00 plus $80.40 for fluor for the first initial vist. I thought about going back to Monterrey. However the airline, hotel and cost of fluoro would come out to the same cost.

With all that said if I get real hungry and am gaining weight you can bet I am scheduling Monterrey!!

WOW Roheryn

You have lost that must since Aug 27th banding. I am impressed.

I will be watching my weight, can't gain any back too hard to lose.

Good Luck to you too. 8 weeks seems forever.

hehehe I wish!! No I went from when I started the journey or made the decision to band...in the time between that and the preop I lost 2.4kgs = 5.3lbs(this took a month or so) then I lost 7.4kgs = 16.3klbs on the preop...since surgery I've lost 5kgs = 11lbs

I found out the hard way about FILL USA, when I called to schedule my fill last week I found that in Georgia there are only two locations that does it and they both charge $349.00 for the first visit but an additional $200.00 for the fluoro that was $200 I wasn't expecting. I'm scheduled on the 26th to have mine and I'm going to St. Petersburg, Florida where the Fluoro is free, I needed a little mini vacation anyway, lol.

Yikes that's a lot of money for a shot of Water and salt isn't it. Terrible how they got you coming and going sometimes.

I have my first fill this Friday.

The reason to waight 6-8 weeks for a fill is that the lapband has to heal so it won't slip with the fill. That's what they told me.

DAnna: I am sorry. I hope the time flies for you. I can understand the filling of being hungry. I do too. I am keeping my thoughts focused, and that is difficult. I am also trying to drink the hunger away. But Water just doesn't do the trick all the time. Remember we are all here to support you! :)

All,

It is still the best journey I have ever decided to take, 8 weeks or not.

I find the Protein helps with the hunger pains too and lot's of Water.< /p>

I like the whey Protein Shots the best (blue raspberry). One gulp and 42g of protein. Simple, easy, and fast especially since it doesn't taste that good anyway).

I got my first fill Monday. Ouch!!! You feel like a pin cushion. My doctor does not use numbing cream. He found the port on the first try. I thought my band was empty but there was 2cc in it already. He added 1cc to it. I guess most people find the right spot at about 5 1/2 cc. So I have another fill next month. I just wish I could lose weight faster so I could see all the pain I went through but I have ruined my metabolism and coming of slow will help from wrinkles and possible sagging skin. Hope all is doing well.:)

Hi, I was banded on August 5th too. We now have the same "birthday" ! How are you healing so far? I feel good and have just been maintaining until my first fill and just gettin used to this new way of eating.