Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7th Months Out . . . Where does the time go?

7 month progress  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 7 month progress

lol Well Alyson I think you and I are in about the same size. I have a bunch of 32-28 lol

I do have to say that they all fit now...lol instead of "almost" fitting. lol

The pants I wear to work are so big I have safty pins in the waist to keep them up. lol But I am fiting in some of my other pants too. and tops fit nicer.

I am just not buying any smaller sizes yet. lol

I think you will be amazed at the sizes you can wear. I bought my daughter an adult medium in pajama pants two weeks ago and she said she didn't like them so I was going to return them, but I tried them first. They fit!! Then I wanted a somewhat tight t shirt to wear under my sweaters and loose bouses so I orders a large from Lands' End - guess what? Its actually big on me!!

For some reason everything is just clicking right now. People are noticing and I feel great. I've totally learned how to manage the band and it is so nice to have scale victories as well as non-scale victories. I am at a weight that I haven't been at in over 10 years. For a while I really questioned whether the money spent on this was worth it and if it would be successful because it didn't seem to be working for the longest time, but now I am so glad I did this and I like me - I REALLY like me now. That in itself is a major accomplishment.

Can you tell me about your head hunger and how that feels different from physical hunger? I'm just 9 days post op.

lol Well Alyson I think you and I are in about the same size. I have a bunch of 32-28 lol

I do have to say that they all fit now...lol instead of "almost" fitting. lol

The pants I wear to work are so big I have safty pins in the waist to keep them up. lol But I am fiting in some of my other pants too. and tops fit nicer.

I am just not buying any smaller sizes yet. lol

Yeah, I'm thinking of opening the waistband of a couple of my elastic waist pants and pulling the elastic tighter to try and stretch out (in!!!) my wardrobe a little longer. But I know I'll feel great when I go into a store and buy a pair of size 24 (or less?) pants. I don't think I'm there yet, but probably in another 20 pounds, when I imagine nothing I can do will keep my pants on me, lol.

One of my NSVs would be to be able to buy from a regular catalog. I don't care if it's in the plus-size range, but I'd love to be able to order from Land's End or LL Bean instead of Making it Big and Junonia (though I really appreciate the latter two retailers for clothing me for the last 12 years).

7 months with no weight loss for the last 3 months

I must be eating too much, I am constantly posting I am not losing weight due to NOT eating enough, but I now know thats a bunch of Bull.

today I ate almost a whole bag of corn chips, I ask myself what the hell was I doing and got up and threw the bag in the garbage (outside) I had a bad feeling that if I would have Thrown it in the kitchen pale I would have took it out and finished it off. How disgusting is that?

I have a follow up in August and will be more aggressive with my fills.

starting tomorrow I will log everything I stick in my month. I am so upset with myself and need to take responsibility for my actions

damn!

struggling and not knowing were to go

7 months with no weight loss for the last 3 months

I must be eating too much, I am constantly posting I am not losing weight due to NOT eating enough, but I now know thats a bunch of Bull.

today I ate almost a whole bag of corn chips, I ask myself what the hell was I doing and got up and threw the bag in the garbage (outside) I had a bad feeling that if I would have Thrown it in the kitchen pale I would have took it out and finished it off. How disgusting is that?

I have a follow up in August and will be more aggressive with my fills.

starting tomorrow I will log everything I stick in my month. I am so upset with myself and need to take responsibility for my actions

damn!

struggling and not knowing were to go

My doc's office said to expect anywhere from 2 to 6 fills in the first year to get to the "sweet spot" and then 2-3 adjustments per year thereafter to maintain it.

lachica you have lost 46 lbs you should be so proud of yourself. We all hit plateaus. itis ok..keep on track log it down and you will start losing again.

I haven't lost much this month, maybe about 5-6lbs, but I am pretty okay with that. I do think I need another tiny fill. My last fill was almost too much to handle & if I had insurance still I would have gotten some taken out, but I just rode it out. It took almost two months for me to get stuff down, but now it's going down a little TOO easily. But as of my 7 month anniversary I was down 87lb! A size 16 bottom & L/XL tops when I started a 24 bottom & 2X top.

I haven't lost much this month, maybe about 5-6lbs, but I am pretty okay with that. I do think I need another tiny fill. My last fill was almost too much to handle & if I had insurance still I would have gotten some taken out, but I just rode it out. It took almost two months for me to get stuff down, but now it's going down a little TOO easily. But as of my 7 month anniversary I was down 87lb! A size 16 bottom & L/XL tops when I started a 24 bottom & 2X top.

That is so awesome! Hearing stories of success like this really helps keep me motivated.

wow it looks like everyone is doing awsome! as for me i just hit the 120 gone yesterday so i totally went shopping. kind of embarrassing to have co workers and friends point out your clothes are so baggy they talk when you walk lol.

Wow! 120 lost in only 7 months! Fantastic! Way 2 Go!