Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7th Months Out . . . Where does the time go?

7 month progress  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 7 month progress

Hello fellow December bandsters. Well I actually went shopping because I am tired of the snobs at work asking when I am going to buy some clothes that fit...I felt like saying when you give me the money to buy them.....But anyway plastic to the rescue (I got some new clothes). I went to Lane Bryant which pissed me off because I swore them off after the surgery (LOL). I guess I expected to wake up skinny yeah right. I am in a size 16 now (WOW) from a 20/22. I also went to the Nautica outlet and bought some (L) shirts can you believe it not me I have always been a (XXL) gal. So even though the scale says I have lost 60 and my clothes are starting to say so my brain still isn’t getting it. Congrats to all of you....... Some of us have been through hell but it can only get better.

congrats everyone on your success. Yea thats what people at work tell me too.. when you gonna buy scrubs that fit. well when ya gonna buy me some. lol and its so nice i went froma 4 x top to a xl top. and i went from 3 x pants to a xl pants. it feels so good. thats scrub sizes . regular clothes i went from a 4 x top to a l-xl and i went form size 28 jeans to a 16-18

I just love it!!!!. talk all soon:thumbup::):cool:

4 more lbs to onederland!! :unsure: I have been getting the same thing..when are you going to buy some clothes that fit...uh, when the money fairy comes to visit? My scrubs are loose but thank god for drawstrings!!! I hear ya Katiebug, except my bottom is all skinny but the top/belly is still heavy. Oh well, I'll take it compared to busting out of a 3X last summer.

Keep it up everyone!

I went from a 22w to a size 12 pants and 2x top to a L tops , my worst spot is my stomach i had a c-section 18 yrs ago so i know that doesn't help anything oh well i guess my son was worth it lol. I am having the trouble some other ppl have posted the past couple of wks i am starting to want to eat more and more frequently, my dr. is on vacation until sometime in august so I think when he gets back i am going to get a mini fill and see what happens.But i am proud of myself for loosing 50pds.

Banded the day after Christmas, I've lost 100 lbs (including pre op diet)! I no longer have an "x" in any size that I wear (that was almost as gratifying as hitting onederland!!). Congrats to all of you and your successes too!

I am so jelous. lol But then again I started off WAY bigger then most of you. lol

I will be in those sizes too someday. Just going to take me longer. lol

I'm down 78 pounds this week, the 7 month anniversary of my surgery. I have a long way to go - I would have to lose a total of 207 pounds to get to a normal BMI - but I feel so much better!!!

In December 2007 I was having to use and inhaler several times a day. Now, hardly ever.

In December 2007 I was using a cane about 90% of the time and couldn't walk on an uneven surface, or even step up on a stool and back down. Now I leave the cane at home and while I'm not completely stable, I can walk on the pebble beach with my children and handle some ups and downs much better.

In December 2007 I had trouble doing some personal hygiene tasks - now I can reach everything I need to.

In December 2007 I felt that my children were being negatively impacted by my obesity and I hated to limit their activities because I couldn't/wouldn't do them.

In December 2007 I felt hopeless and discouraged, looking at a life shortened by inactivity and crippled by arthritis pain and obesity. Now I am feeling less pain, I'm naturally more active, and I will be able to postpone knee replacement surgery. I also don't have to install a stair lift in the house we're building, quite a savings!

I'm looking forward to all the future changes in my life -- finally starting an exercise program? gardening without pain? being active and vibrant and present for my family - yea! I'm so glad I decided to have lap band surgery.

I am so jelous. lol But then again I started off WAY bigger then most of you. lol

I will be in those sizes too someday. Just going to take me longer. lol

LOL, I'm jealous of the sizes, too, Cerrin. I'm still wearing the same clothes as I did in December. They're baggy, but some of these clothes I bought when I was about this weight, so I haven't had the experience of buying a new smaller size yet (oh, except my swimsuit).

But you're right, we'll get there eventually, and that's something I was never optimistic about before lapband.

Keep up the good work!

Cerrin and Alyson . . . I haven't lost a bunch of sizes either . . . sometimes a 20 will fit me . . . mostly NOT . . . but I keep plugging away

Yeah Allyson I am still in most of the same clothes too. lol

ok the pants I should ditch...and the underwear fit MUCH better. lol But the whole new wardrobe thing has not go me yet. But I figure it will soon I am in for the long haul I got this surgery because I didnt want a quick loss.

I buy two pairs of work pants & one pair play pants with each size. & I buy them from Ross as to not spend too much.

Yeah Allyson I am still in most of the same clothes too. lol

ok the pants I should ditch...and the underwear fit MUCH better. lol But the whole new wardrobe thing has not go me yet....

LOL, yeah, I keep looking at my baggy pants and baggy t-shirts and thinking, man, I should really take those in or buy new ones. I don't have a lot of clothes for the 22-26 size range or lower (I'm in very baggy 28-32 now) - just a few outfits I couldn't bear to get rid of. I figure I'll just keep being baggy until the pants start falling off or the necklines stop covering my bras, then morph into a new appropriately sized wardrobe and everyone will say, "Hey, have you lost weight?" and I can answer "Yeah, about 100 pounds in the last year", lol.

I buy two pairs of work pants & one pair play pants with each size. & I buy them from Ross as to not spend too much.
That's a good idea, Katie - thanks for sharing :-)

Youknow what else gets smaller? FEET!!! I was digging out my camping stuff for this weekend and found a pair of shoes I had stuck at the back of my closet . . . they never fit right . . . and hot dog . . . they fit today . . . .HOWEVER . . . as I'm walking down the street I realized . . . they are to BIG! Now I'm having issues just keeping them on my feet today . . . lol . . . I'll deal with it!

Chris