Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I am doing fine, I am just sick to death of trying to reach the "sweet spot". 12 fills and 2 unfills I feel is just ridiculous!

I was crying just a tiny bit last night because I wanted sweats. I just can't seem to get over the sweats. Some times I feel like giving up and think to myself is being fat all that bad? I couldn't hardly get up the stairs and turn over in my bed but I wasn't crying and thinking about sweats all the time cause if I did I would just go get them. I am 45 and I am so sick off this!!!!!!!! Just can't understand why I can't get over this. I had a few days on Christmas Eve and Christmas that I wasn't craving food or wanting to eat. What happened? Why was that so much different? I was much tighter than and now I wonder if I get tighter (had no acid reflux) than those thoughts of food would come back to being nothing like it was.

Having a terrible time with this.:)

Hi Joiful. It's good to see you back and posting again. I've been thinking of you and hoping you'd be back posting.

I'm sorry you're struggling with the sweet cravings. I get those too from time to time but usually I can just ignore it. I find if I given in to it and tell myself that I'll just have a bite, I end up having a LOT more than just a bite so I just have to avoid them altogether.

How's your weight loss progress so far? As you can see, mine's been slow but I'm learning to be OK with it. I get an occasional NSV and that really helps me get over the depressing thoughts that this band isn't working quite as well or quite as fast as I had anticipated.

Joyful, I to am glad to see you back. I beleave what your going through is head hunger, I really don't think rather you are tight or not is going to help that. Maybe you should consider a little counciling or is there a support group in your area you might be able to attend? even if it's just something like weight watchers where others are struggling with the same issues as you. When you crave sweets so bad is there some kind of other snack that might fill that need? like fruit or just a better choice. I get like that when it's my TOM, I need sweets or just can't take it any more so I'll have some special k(blueberry) or maybe some carb free ice cream(very little) but just something to get me by. where are you on your loss? I can understand you being upset about how many fills you've had and hope it get better for you.

What my mentor, Jessie Ahroni says, is that you can bend the rules about Cereal and Soup IF it works for you. She often has a latte and a high Fiber cereal bar for Breakfast on the way to work. When I have soup, i try to have most of the liquid part first and then the solids if there are any. Hope this helps.
Thank you Orea, and as always your a great help to all of us!!!!

Hi everyone. Glad to catch up with the past posts...I am steady loosing...... 32 lbs. now... lots to go... will figure out that ticker thing soon. When I crave sweets, like some one else on this thread, I eat ceral... like Special K. with berries. I can only eat 1/2 cup for break... maybe equivalent of 1/2 - 1 for lunch and one cup for suppper.. Like one hamburger.... I have bed food habits so take 3 che. vitamens a day. I have lost a lot of inches lately and my body feels very odd to be thinner. Had some fun shopping in my closet.. and actually getting rid of (!!) large clothes to the charity shop...reorganizing and dumping things I would have worn in my old days but now are not nice enough.. Cause I like looking good! Thank all for the encouragement.

Hi everyone. Glad to catch up with the past posts...I am steady loosing...... 32 lbs. now... lots to go... will figure out that ticker thing soon. When I crave sweets, like some one else on this thread, I eat ceral... like Special K. with berries. I can only eat 1/2 cup for break... maybe equivalent of 1/2 - 1 for lunch and one cup for suppper.. Like one hamburger.... I have bed food habits so take 3 che. vitamens a day. I have lost a lot of inches lately and my body feels very odd to be thinner. Had some fun shopping in my closet.. and actually getting rid of (!!) large clothes to the charity shop...reorganizing and dumping things I would have worn in my old days but now are not nice enough.. Cause I like looking good! Thank all for the encouragement.

Isn't the closet cleaning great? I did the same thing this weekend. I got rid of several items that were too big and was thrilled to find that several of my wonderful suits fit me again. For work I tend to dress in classic, conservative suits that don't go out of style but are expensive so I have several different sizes in my closet.

Hey All,

I have been hanging in there. Just need some encouragement. Things have been going good here, even though I find myself struggling right now. Just feeling blue these last couple of days. I feel like what if I only lose 41lbs and the rest does not come off. I am scared I will fail at this. I did the 5 day to get back on track then got lost again with comfort food. I feel like I am in an emotional rut can anyone help me? I feel so lost at the moment.

I went to my surgeon today to see how I am doing. I didn't want another fill I just needed some help.

Actually he said I was doing really well. I guess this really is a mind thing. He said I am losing roughly 1-2lbs a week which is really good.

I do have a sweet thing going on right now which is maybe why I am feeling this way.

I am doing fine, I am just sick to death of trying to reach the "sweet spot". 12 fills and 2 unfills I feel is just ridiculous!

I was crying just a tiny bit last night because I wanted sweats. I just can't seem to get over the sweats. Some times I feel like giving up and think to myself is being fat all that bad? I couldn't hardly get up the stairs and turn over in my bed but I wasn't crying and thinking about sweats all the time cause if I did I would just go get them. I am 45 and I am so sick off this!!!!!!!! Just can't understand why I can't get over this. I had a few days on Christmas Eve and Christmas that I wasn't craving food or wanting to eat. What happened? Why was that so much different? I was much tighter than and now I wonder if I get tighter (had no acid reflux) than those thoughts of food would come back to being nothing like it was.

Having a terrible time with this.:lol:

Hey have you guys heard about taking coconut oil supplements and how they help cut the carb and sugar cravings.. I did a little research on it and have friends that have done it.. it seems to work and susposedly it helps with weightloss.. anyways.. you can find it online at some Vitamin shops. but just a thought for the sugar and carb cravings.

And I really feel, trust, and know that this time I will not gain it back....there may be several pauses in this loss but I feel really good that I can now fit a normal seat on an airplane and am looking forward to my March 1 cruise to Mexico... want to spend a day at the beach at Cabo... actuallly want!!! to spend a day at the beach... it has been helpful to go to Water arobics for seniors cause we do not care what we look like.. just enjoy the water... Yeah Grey Power....

1 day, Just hang in there hun. we all go through that from time to time and it to shall pass. sending cyber hugs and sharing a little bit of endurence with you.....

Well, I did it. I finely got my 3rd fill. And alls well so far. She gave me .8cc. I could have had the whole 1.cc but I was a little chicken after last time and figured better safe then sorry. I'd rather go back later for a little more if I need it then go through what I did last time with the over fill. She was very encouraging also, she said she had know doubt I would hit my goal, and I was doing great. It gave me that little shove to push on that I needed.

1Day, you're doing great. My progress is similar to yours and when I went to see my doc last Thursday, he said he felt I was doing good and pretty much on target. We'll get there.

1 day, Just hang in there hun. we all go through that from time to time and it to shall pass. sending cyber hugs and sharing a little bit of endurence with you.....

Thanks so much for the hugs today it has seemed to help

1Day, you're doing great. My progress is similar to yours and when I went to see my doc last Thursday, he said he felt I was doing good and pretty much on target. We'll get there.

And Donna I am glad your doctor said the same thing to you as my doctor did to me.

It looks like we all need to relax in our heads about these things huh? :thumbup:

HI, all!

I have a "burning" question: since last Friday I have been experiencing some mild reflux. I have not had a fill since November so it's not due to a recent fill. I have, however, been eating a lot of "junk", some sweets and such in larger quantities than normal. My calories total for the day have still been pretty much within range just the type of foods that are different. I have never really felt restricted although I PB quite a bit, usually just from "stuck" episodes. I have not had a PB in about a week, give or take a day, and that is also unusual. What do you think? I am worried that these symptoms might indicate a slip. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Maggie, I'm concerned you are PBing quite a bit. That's the first indication that either you're too tight or you are eating too fast. Frequent PBing can lead to band slippage/erosion.

I had nightime episodes of reflux (not burning just icky) for 2 weeks straight (2 months after the last fill) but no other indication that anything was wrong. I could eat and drink anything during the day and had no issues at all. One night it was so gross it made me throw up bile for 1/2 the night. I got myself directly to the doctor and he said I was too tight and took out .5 cc and that cured it immediately. Luckily no damage had been done. I asked why I got tight all of a sudden 2 full months after the last fill and he said it was probably because of stress. He said tightness can fluctuate weeks even months after the last fill so you have to listen to your body.