Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Unfortunately, my plan to get back on track has been delayed. I'm right there with you Beanie. I feel pretty crappy. It's a flu-like cold I guess. Anyway, I haven't done too bad with food, but I don't feel like exercising. I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the 5K on Saturday.

Feel better Beanie.

Renewedhope and Georgia girl, count me in. I have not been on my treadmill for 4 weeks. My weight loss is great - at 164!!!! But I am not exercising at all. My band is a tight too tight, but I am going to tough it out a little bit longer.

I have a NEW job interview tomorrow! I feel confident about the interview except it is a lunch interview. With my band being a little too tight and the stress of the interview - I am so afraid I am going to PB and puke on the table.!!! It is an Italian restaurant - any suggestions on food selection for a tight band and nothing too messy ??? I plan to run as soon as I get home tomorrow. I want a full report from everyone on rather you ran or not. I need your encouragement - I am struggling!!!

I am so sorry to hear about our sick friends. Get better soon. Stay in bed and baby yourself (if you can)

I hit ONDERLAND this morning!!!!! :cursing:

I am sure it has alot to do with me being so tight. I was struggling with yogurt and even liquids. I went today and got 1/2 cc taken out. I am taking it slow, but I think I am much better.

I sprained my knee. I am sitting here with an ice pack on it. I have no idea what I did. I guess I am a ditzy klutz.

Sugarbean-- CONGRATS on onederland! Woohoo! That must be an amazing feeling. :thumbup:

Add me to the list of the walking wounded. A few days before my 20 minute run, I came down with a cold. The day of the run, which I intended to try, the cold moved into my chest. :cursing:

After a week with no running, I went back to week four today and went out. It felt good to go, though I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I debated how far to backtrack and a week sounded about right. I think I'll do one more day of week 4 and then move up to week 5 again.

I hope everyone who is sick and/or injured feels better soon!

WAY TO GO SUGAR!!!!!!!!!

good luck on the interview Lyn!!

I hope all of you are feeling much better real soon.

I am not sick and have no excuse for not getting my butt in gear, but I have not gotten my butt ingear. I don't know what my deal is. My weight has not changed int he past several weeks. I am staying betwen 162 - 163. With my lack of activity and my food choices I should be gaining. Oh, I have got to get my mind back in this!!

We are leaving early tomorrow morning for south central Texas to go deer hunting. We will be back late Sunday night. IT is for real roughing it. We stay in an old horse barn. It is so much fun to get away from everything for 1 weekend. We usually don't even have a good cell phone signal. Obviously I won't be able to get online, so, I will check back in when we get home.

yall get to feeling better!!

Hi All... I've been MIA for a few days and just caught up on all the posts... sounds like we're all in the same place... UNMOTIVATED, and BLA feeling. I'm right there with you.

My motivation list when I started losing weight was...

1. For more energy

2. To improve my health

3. To be a better role model for my kids

4. To improve my diabetes

5. To live longer

6. To look better

7. To feel better overall

8. To be proud of myself

9. To improve my confidence

10. To wear a normal size

So here's where I'm at....

1. Done

2. Done

3. Done

4. Done

5. Done (as far as the health is concerned... can't control firey crashes!!)

6. Done - although it could always be better

7. Done

8. Almost done

9. Done

10. Almost done... in 16/18

So here's what the problem is. I've pretty much accomplished my list, so I don't have the burning motivation I once had. The same goes for running. I did the 5k, and now its horribly cold out, so I'm not super motivated to do it.

I bet many of us are at the same point... we've accomplished a lot, but not all the way, and we don't have the same steam to keep going.

Now's the time to power through, so I am going to think on this over the next few days to come up with a new list of goals I want to accomplish. I'll share them when I'm done!

I am going to run tomorrow. That is a date I'm not going to break!

Kathy, I totally agree. I was telling DH last night that I am sooooo not motivated. I, like you, have accomplished so many of my goals that I have become complaicent. I look in the mirror and I am very happy with what I see. My tummy is flat. My size 9 jeans are loose!!! I am so very proud of all that I have worked for. However, I have become a bit too content. I find that I don't have the motivation to work my butt off for 15 more pounds. I am NOT at goal, and I am NOT where I ideally want to be. I know I can get there because I have come this far.

How can I be proud of myself and happy with where I am AND stay motivated to keep working hard to have the ripped abs and even sexier body that I desire.

Thanks for your post Kathy. I will work on a list of goals this weekend as well. There are still things I want to accomplish and I don't want to sell myslef short.....

Have a great weekend everybody. I probably won't be back on until we get back.

You are one awesome group of ladies.!

Wow Kathy I think you are dead on.

When I think about the drive and determination each of us has achieved it is awesome!

I think it is ok to give ourself permission to take a slight breather and enjoy the success along the journey. Then it is on to phase2! "Finishing the success."

I feel great; I look great = I am so very proud.I want to finish this weight loss journey. I also remember how great I felt when I would come home after a long run. Stinky, sweaty, exhausted, and so energized!!! I want to feel that way again.

I will think of my list of motivation too.

I think this boat is full of great peope - we need to refocus abit.

Hello everyone! I haven't been posting much because I'm still sick. Can't seem to get over this cold. I'm not going to be able to run the 5k tomorrow :tongue2:

Kathy, you are right. I was soooo motivated to begin with and especially when I started the C25K program. Now that I have ran my 5k, I find myself falling back into old habits. I know what I need to do.....focus on low carb and exercise, but I just can't seem to get my head back in it. We have all accomplished soooo much. I will work on my list over the weekend too.

Renewed, have fun on your weekend hunting trip!!

Sugarbean, congrats on making it to Onederland!! Great job!!

My DS is going to the middle/high school Christmas Banquet tonight. DH and I are taking advantage of the few hours alone and going to dinner. It will be nice to eat after my unfill.

Have a great weekend everyone. Feel Better.

Hi All,

It's good to see that others are struggling and not just me. However, even though many of you are looking for motivation know that you have motivated me to get moving again.

I've lost on diets before and of course regained it all ++. My band is relatively new (Nov. 3) and I have only lost 16 lbs, but I am happy with that. I have learned that weight loss and fitness aren't a race and if I don't enjoy the process, I won't succeed. Granted there are days when it is easier to take a nap. There are times when I just about count every second, but I'm committing to the doing - just get up and go. I spend more time griping about it than it would take to just get off my duff and move.

You have all been an inspiration. You'll hit it again and be motivated. For now, just pat yourselves on the back and know that you helped someone new to her band.

Thanks, Ladies!

Sugar... Happy belated ONEDERLAND!!! You are amazing!!! You hit both goals and now its smooth sailing!

I'm still at 199, but I know I'm going to fall off this plateau very soon. I can feel that my body is a bit smaller, and that's usually the sign that I'm going to have a losing streak soon. Yeah! I think our bodies get sticking points that are difficult to get by. Over the many eons that I have yo-yo'd, I would lose enough to get down to a certain weight, stay there for a few months and then go back up. Usually I'd hit that plateau and lose motivation. Now, with the band as my friend, I can wait out the plateau. I've also noted that the plateaus are the weights that I'd stop at in the past before regaining. So everytime I blow through one of these plateaus, I feel like its a major deal... and I can just feel it comin...

Gypsy... congrats on your band. I'm 18 months in, and wouldn't change it for anything. It has saved my life. You are very right... it is a lifelong journey that you mise well enjoy. But one note of caution... don't be so worried about speed of weight loss. You've lost 16 lbs in just 1 month... that is excellent, but don't get discouraged when its only 2lb in a month... every month is different, and every person is. Keep at it and you'll get there.

I RAN tonight! I'm so happy that I did. I feel great. I've got the runner's high going right now... all tingly and kind of euphoric. Its actually been awhile since I felt that... reinforces why I like this so much.

Ok, I came up with 2 goals I want to add to my new motivation list...

1. I want to have a Normal BMI

2. Next year in the Community Living run (that I ran this year) I want to run the 5k with my son.

These are pretty lofty goals. The first is weight loss of course, but the 2nd is not... its family involvement, and training my son to make healthier choices. This goal is actually going to be hard on 2 levels. First, to keep my son focused and interested and then training him to go that distance. Right now he can run/walk 2km, so I think we can get there. Second, although he runs & walks, he's much faster than me, so I'll have to train hard to pick up the pace. Should be a good goal.

Congrat Sugar Onderland welcomes you with open arms. Come on in and stay forever!!!!

Kathy, you have a way of articulating what I am thinking. And Georgia; I too have to dig deep to find my zone again.

I find it interesting that during my current round of interviews that my appearance has made a difference - I know it! This particular Center has the most beautiful health care worker collected under one roof. Now the fact that I am absolutely qualified aside, I believe my "sleeker" image is playing a part in the selection process. I also wonder if a part of that is my confidence level and the way I carry myself too.

I feel healthier, my energy level is great and I know that running makes it even better. In the past with my plateaus, I would stay there and get discouraged and yo-yo back up. With my friend "Gilbert" (that's what I call my lapbands name); I just ride out the plateau and then have a huge drop, I love that part! My last plateau lasted 7 weeks! It was frustrating. I also think a part of that is because I was not running either.

My Re-newed goals

1. Reach my goal weight by making health food choices utilizing my lapband for quantity control and exercising regularly

2. Attend church regularly

3. Advance my career to provide the greatest good to as many people as possible

4. Provide the family support as needed

5. Be the wife my husband deserves

In summary; be the best "me" I can be to benefit others.

Great goal list Lyn!!

My original plan was to get back on track Tuesday because I have a church supper tonight and a Christmas party Monday night....but I've decided I'm not going to wait. I'm starting today. I'm going to watch my carbs and as soon as I am feeling up to it, I'm going to be running again. So far today I've had a Atkins shake and 4 meatballs. At the church cookout I'll just eat a hamburger patty and leave the bread off. I'm so sick of being in this rut!! I'm over it and moving on!!

So....I made my major goal of losing 100 lbs, but I still have such a long way to go. I've made a new list, so here are my new goals...

1. Hit ONEderland!!

2. Shop in regular sized stores (I'm in a size 18 now, so I'm almost there!)

3. Get to a healthy BMI.

4. Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes.

Hope all my LITE buddies have a wonderful weekend!!

I ran my first 5K today. I was not going to run the whole thing, but ended up doing it anyway! I ran it in 39:20. I was supposed to do my 25 min run today and ended up running the whole thing, well I did walk for about 2 min, but I was able to keep going.

I was pretty excited. I am now looking to see when the next 5K is to keep myself motivated. I also plan on continuing with the Couch to 5K program so I can be better prepared for the next one.