Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Wednesday 25th June

Hi guys.

Well, I've gone and done it. I'll be honest IT IS NOT THE EASY OPTION!!!!

The night and next morning after my surgery, I seriously thought "What the hell have I done to myself!". I felt nauseous and very "full", like a pressure was in my diaphram/upper chest area. I felt pretty miserable. However, another woman, who had her op the same time as me felt great, so everyone is different!

I found it hard to get fluids over without feeling this "pressure" and slight nausea and I felt really sorry for myself!:tt2:

3 days on - I feel absolutely fine. I'm managing fluids no problem and had some clear Soup yesterday and have been instructed by my dietician to try some build-up or slimfast milkshakes (yuck)!! However, managing them fine. My family (who I think are trying to be nice) can see a difference already!!!

My wound sites are a little painful - nippy really but nothing drastic. Managing to get around and about no problem. I'm going to wait to weigh myself - probably when I go for my follow-up appointment which is in a month.

Thanks so much to everyone who has left messages of support. It has been very comforting to know there are others out there who have been through the same thing and are doing great. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!! xx:biggrin2: N

Camjay, good luck on your journey toward health! Remember, there is a lot of support and a lot of friends on this site. Glad your surgery is behind you and you can now recuperate.

You sound like you'll be just fine...use the ice pack or heating pad...which ever you prefer for the port pain!

Thanks guys. Luckily, one of my friends was banded about 4 years ago, so I've been on the phone to her constantly asking about this and that. Things were a little bit different then, so I really appreciate the support from people banded recently.

Georgina - are you coping ok or did you feel a bit "flat" at first. I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all and worried about every little thing that's happening with my body just now! However, I definately feel much better today!:tt2:

Camjay, I was banded 2 days before you and can honestly say I didn't feel the euphoria that so many people refer to after their op. One week on though I am starting to feel a certain amount of pleasure from having had the band done. OH and I also felt lousy following the op.

good luck :thumbs_up:

Hi Millie

I've been looking through the other forum's and there's a thread from one of the American girls and she's been feeling the same - I've been quite irritable with my family and panicking about the slightest little symptom (so unlike me). I've had surgeries before and felt a bit "low" afterward - I know it'll pass. Feeling better each day though. Keep in touch and let me know how you are going. xx

:thumbs_up:

Hi Camjay,

I too was banded on the 25th and had a rough time. I'm 67 and also had hernia repair. I have been grumpy with my family as well as they didn't seem very concerned about how I felt. We are on our way though so good luck to all of us who have decided to spend this great amount of money on our health!

Good for you sblue. We can carry on our journey and moans together!!! How are you feeling anyway.

Today, I went out shopping (not heavy stuff) felt great. Feeling a bit hungry though!!!!!

Can't stand slimfast any longer - anybody got any suggestions??

Thanks for the reply Camjay. The support on here is wonderful. I know how you feel about slimfast. I was thinking today that I can't wait to just spend a half hour tasting one little french fry. I truly am going to try to go very healthy though and eat the good veggies!

Hi CamJay, I haven't been on the computer for a couple of weeks. I am wondering how things are going for you on the pureed phase. I'm eating lots of tuna (yek) and Windy's chili. I find it difficult to find high Protein soft yet solid food that I like. I haven't lost as quickly as I thought I would, but at least I'm not gaining:rolleyes2: I'm definitely glad I had it done.

Hi CamJay, I haven't been on the computer for a couple of weeks. I am wondering how things are going for you on the pureed phase. I'm eating lots of tuna (yek) and Windy's chili. I find it difficult to find high Protein soft yet solid food that I like. I haven't lost as quickly as I thought I would, but at least I'm not gaining:rolleyes2: I'm definitely glad I had it done.

Hi SBlue

I'm struggling now! Its 4 weeks post op and I'm starting to get really hungry. Managing to get things down much easier - I've been eating a lot of chilli and spaghetti bolognese (Blended). Tried toast - nearly killed myself! Getting fed up of Soup for lunch and really need to try and think of something else to eat at lunchtime. I'm craving sweet things terribly, but I'm having a little low fat chocolate mousse every now and again.

I've lost about 18lbs which isn't bad, but I thought I'd have lost more than that (being very unrealistic)!!

Otherwise I'm doing very well -I've been getting a few comments about my weight loss. The only thing is Constipation (sorry way to much information) and my skin is starting to sag EEEKKK!!! Went for a 4 mile walk on Monday - going for another tonight.

First fill 6th August - can't come quick enough. LOL xxx

PS - No Regrets either! xxx:thumbup:

Hi! I'm having my first fill on the 5th. Kind of apprehensive as I don't know what to expect. I'm hungry as well. sugar free fudge bars were suggested by my nutritionist and popcicles. Both help with the sweet attacks. I'm getting pretty sick of cottage cheese. It is always such an easy thing to grab. I hope to get motivated to walk more pretty soon. My knees hurt so I always think I don't want to go for a very long walk. Your 4 miles is impressive:smile2: I appreciate hearing from you and your updates. I don't have many supportive people -- of course that is my fault as I haven't told very many people that I had the surgery. Keep in contact. Sally

I haven't seen any messages on the blog from you. How are you doing since your fill? I haven't lost a pound and am getting discouraged. I'm also very hungry at meal time and eating more than a cup and a half. I know there is no use calling Dr. Choban's office as Kathleen would just say "wait until your appointment".