Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Must we be honest with strangers :0)

Do you put your real current weight on your drivers license?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you put your real current weight on your drivers license?

• I always give my current weight.
    • I fudge the number down a bit to something I can live with.
    • I may give a slightly different weight if I reasonably expect to reach that number in the near future.

I was just thinking about this the other day...

My weight was 250lbs for years...I was well above it...

then...when I went over 300, I figured it was too high to be 50lbs less...so i made it 280...

well, I'm now 224...and I have a year until I renew...hopefully I'll be at goal and not have to tell a weight fib!

Rain

Well...

I had to go find my license to see what it said....

And then, because I'm Canadian it's listed in kg's so I had to find an online converter !!!:redface:

So.... 4 years ago when I renewed I told them I was 250lbs and I know I was pretty darn close to 300. I'm now 202lbs and when this license expires in about a year I plan on being at goal !!! Another 25lbs.....and it will be the first time ever that I don't have to fudge it just a little :lol:

Patricia

11/16/06

306/202/175ish

I think that there are so few people that are completely honest that so long as you put something even close to reasonable, it's not a big deal.

I remember one time I got my license and then 2 months later my wallet went missing. At the time I wasn't getting on the scale at all so I just guessed what I thought my weight was. I think I said 190. When I went back to get a replacement wallet I couldn't remember what I guessed and I said 180 or 185. The woman said, "Oh wow. Lost 10 pounds in two months. That's a big accomplishment. Lots of people couldn't manage that". And she said it all the while looking down her nose at me with this kind of "yeah right I don't believe you lost any weight" look. I remember wanting to reach over the counter and flick her between the eyes (waiting for over an hour for my number to get called didn't help I don't think).

I'm looking forward to the day when I get to say I lost 100+ lbs. No flicking necessary.

We don't have to put our weight on our drivers licences here in aus and I don't see what the point is, what relevance does it have to you driving the car? None what so ever. And plus you renew your licence once every what 5 years? Do people really expect you to stay that weight over the 5 years?

When my mom lost her weight she went to the DMV and told them she had to have a new license. They took a look at ther picture and at her and agreed that no one would recognize her so they gave her a new license with a great new picture!

For those out of the US wondering why the weight is listed...it is an ID, if you were wanted by the authorities, one way they search for you is to check DMV records, if you have a DL, they can list your description in the APB. i.e. White male, 6' 190 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes. Also, I'm sure of it is in hopes that one cannot use your ID for themselves, if your DL states you are 6', 190 lbs but the person standing before an officer with the ID is 5'5" 100 lbs, hopefully the officer would realize the ID did not belong to him. A picture can only say so much.

In response to the actual post, I have always lied, for the longest time mine said what my original DL said when I was 16 (110 lbs). Even after I had 3 kids it said that. Then when I moved to Calif. and went to get a DL, I realized that was ridiculous, so I said 130, still very much under what I actually was. When I had to get my AZ DL, I said 150, and now I am almost back down to that, so hopefully when we get relocated again i'll be able to be honest and be proud about it.

For more than 2 decades, I had left mine saying 195 even though I got up to 289! So back in August when I renewed it, the girl ask if everything was the same, I told her nope the weight is down. She looked at my old license on her computer where she was using it to type in info---and looked up at me and said something along the lines of "You sure have lost weight!" I told her well when I renewed last time I didn't change it so it is less drastic in numbers than it feels. My honest current weight at the time was 184, so I claimed it, I was PROUD to claim it!!! She was a woman with extra weight too, so she was talking about weight loss, and all with me, she did my picture, and then compared the 2----it was amazing!

Now less than a year later, I actually weigh less than my license says! I am close to goal, so I intend on just waiting it out, and when I get to where I want, then I will decide if I want to go through the hassle of getting a new one. New Mexico has begun using a new program, where each time you have to supply several forms of ID, and then you get a paper license, and after they do a full check to make sure it is all ok, and there are no holds or anything, the license is made and mailed to you. A total PITA!!!

Til then it is wonderful not seeing all those chins everytime I take my license out!!!

Kat

Thankfully in MA we don't have to list our weight. We just give our height and thats that. I got my new license about 1 yr post banding and I love love love the pic, even the woman at the DMV said it was the best she has seen. I always give my license to waiter/ bouncers/ etc even if they don't ask for it because I love it soo much.

ouch I am thankful they don't ask us to state our weight here

Heather, great topic! One in fact I'm going to be dealing with soon.

I was all the way up to 330 and my license never said more than 250. I now weigh less than that, but I had to lose 80 lbs. plus to get there. I now am in need of a new license.

I do plan to fudge the numbers again. I know I will lose more until I reach my goal, which for me to be honest is a goal size. I put 150 because that puts me in the healthy bmi for someone my height. We’ll see, I plan to stop at an 8 really. That’s a sexy size for someone with as round and booty as I have… LOL

Anyway, right now I'm going to put 200 Lbs. Then I will do it again when I get to the size I want to be, except at that time I will finally tell the TRUTH!

Edited by LilMissDiva

Well I finally renewed my license . . . and I did tell a teeny tiny little fib, but it was the smallest one ever since I have been a licensed driver. I was actually 170 when I renewed in early July but I said 160. However, the month is not yet over and I am already 4 pounds down and 6 pounds away from my licensed weight.

This birthday was the first adult birthday for me where I was in the "overweight" and not "obese" BMI range for my height.

I guess the really interesting and fun question for all of us will be how much will we have lost by our next birthdays???? I think I will have to do something really fun and exotic next July . . . what will it be . . . I am not yet quite sure . . . but it sure is fun to think about it :0)

My license not only has a weight that's a dream (let's call it that, ok, not a "lie" :blush:), but I gave myself two inches in height, as well.

I mean, come on, it's not like I drive barefoot! :eek:

Lisa