Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i need help. i had my surgery in aug 08 and i have been doing great. down 85-90 lbs. but lately im cheating, i m finding myself eating easy foods. things that go down easier than Protein and good foods that i need. im in southern massachusetts. i need to be motivated and get myself out of this slump that im in. :biggrin::):angry:

stargazer, I am doing the same thing. I ate a Cadbury bar in two days. I am so disapointed in myself. I also ate about a cup of ice cream (low carb) but a half a jar of caramel topping, not sugar free, I can't blame anyone but myself, I am sooo ashamed. I wonder after so long of being good that sometimes we stray? I tell myself in the morning I'll be good all day, but I strayed again. hate the guilt!

i can soooo understand how you feel. i do the same exact thing. i start out everyday saying that im going to do good and at Breakfast i feel like i get stuck so for the rest of the day i justify my crappy eating by saying that i am really tight that day and junk food goes down really easy. its very hard to break out of the habit. my husband just had his surgery in april and im trying to be good to show him but im getting to be a horrible roll model. just need some help to break these horrible habits. i also hurt my knee and need surgery to repair it so ive been laid up with that. i was doing so well when i was excercising now im stuck with that also. just need some motivation .. :confused2::confused2:

Hi Christie,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration, I've found myself where you are several times. But just think in our past lives we would have gained 20lbs in this situation. I'm at a stand still at the moment but I hold out hope that I can get it together! I just try to have more good days than bad to help balance out everything. I just got back from vacation and I'm ready to give this another try. Have you tried using the thedailyplate.com to help track your calories? Its been the only thing that has really helped my weight loss when I'm stuck. It's amazing how we can get down so many calories with so little room in our stomachs! Hang in there and maybe I'll see you at a support group meeting soon!

gingersnap

I am also at a stand still. I just had my surgery in january 2008. I have only lost 5 pounds in past 5 weeks. I am down 60 total since surgery, but am only 25 pounds from goal. I have noticed I have been eating differently also. Very disappointed with myself too. Any suggestions for plateau? Keep in touch, we can help each other over this hurdle! Have a great weekend.

I had my sgy 03/05/08 and the last two months have not lost a pound. I am walking everyday and doing pretty well on my food. I mess up sometimes. It is driving me crazy. Somethimes I start feeling sorry for my self. I know I have to keep going, but sometime I wonder why I keep walking if I am not going to lose. Ok my self pitty minute is over!!! I just needed to vent. I have only lost 26lbs total. I have the realize band with 3.8 cc in it.

hi everyone

i can totally identify with what each of you are saying. i experienced this along my journey in losing weight.

the first thing i started to do when i was eating more candy then healthy food was to start journalling my food. i did it on sparkpeople.com but there are many sites ie. fitday.com, etc. it doesnt matter which one as long as you do it and it calculates the calories, Protein, carbs, etc.

the key is to be TOTALLY honest. this tool is just for you. it really helped for me to see what "licks, bites and snacks" amounted to.

the other thing i did which was key was to get moving. i started slowly and then built myself up. this helped me to think twice about eating junk. i would say "if i just exercised for 1 hr......why should i eat junk". i also didnt want to eat as much junk

i also got rid of my scale. i found when i weighed myself continually....i cheated more. lets face it...we know when we are being a healthy eaters...

i would measure myself 1X a month and weigh myself 2X a month at the gym or doctors office.

anyway you guys can definitely get this under control.

and the good news is...once down to where you want to be weight-wise...you can pretty much eat anything you want in moderation.

anyway i hope this helps...i have to say i know how hard it is but the band definitely helped to get this under control. we are so lucky to have this opportunity to have one.

good luck!

one last thing...i would have plateaus for 3 weeks and then drop a large amount....so dont give up with these either.

this is why i stopped weighing myself.

my clothes fit better before it showed up on the scales

Thanks josiebies. This makes me feel much better. I weight everyday. I know I should not do it, but I end up doing it anyways. I am going to start the journal and see if it helps. :)