Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What pain medication did you take? Australian types

So I was thinking about this the other night and was wondering which pain meds people took? Things like herron, panamax or panadol? I was wondering for after surgery as theres a thread on here for which to take and not to take but it's american and it's annoying looking and seeing things like tylenol etc when we don't have the same things here. I know I won't be taking nurofen as you need food in your stomach to take it - maybe after a month if I still have pain and can actually have food I'll take it but until then which ones did you take? Did you just take normal panadol and crush it? Or maybe gel caps? Thanks in advance

Anywhere in particular where you got the liquid panadol? I know you can get it but I always thought it was for children as they can't really take tablets. Did you just get it from your pharmacy?

Yeah, from the pharmacy, and in the supermarkets. You know the type, you drop the little tablet into Water and it dissolves? Goes straight through the band. Good stuff.

I have to confess, when I do need neurofen I take the kids stuff. At my weight and height, I take as much as my 11 year old son.

I take panadol and could handle the caplets right after surgery, in fact they gave them to me in the hospital. I particularly like the caplets cozs they're so little, so I never buy any other brand paracetamol

I really NEED to take Nurofen sometimes, I know bandsters shouldnt take NSAID's but my doc says its OK once in a while. Sometimes my back and leg just get so darn sore and I've also developed endometriosis in the last few years and some months have wicked period pain, you really need Nurofen for those sorts of things. But again I handle capsules fine, I take them with Water an then follow up with food.

Ahh the disprin stuff? god those taste horrible lol but I thought that I may have to eventually end up taking them grrrrrrrr. At the moment we have panamax and nurofen, I find the nurofen so much easier to take but I dont want to have to rely on that so I dunno, I guess I might have to get the gel capsules especially when the non capsule I take them now and if you dont swallow them first they become chalky and get stuck on your tongue bleh

I take the soluble panadol rapid now, I just let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes so the fizz goes out of it a bit. You can just get it in Woolworths.

Right after surgery I took Pain Stop liquid medicine. Thats what they gave me at the hospital, there is a day and a night version, its meant for kids, but worked for me -all 115kgs of me!.

I don't have any trouble taking tablets/capsules (I'm on horse sized antibiotics right now for a respiratory infection I am recovering from). My surgeon told me I can take nurofen if I REALLY need it but ONLY with a meal so it gets carried through to my stomach from the pouch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches