Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you prefer tampons or pads?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer tampons or pads?

That looks a bit different, that looks worth trying! That is a lot more like a diaphragm, the keeper and mooncup sit lower and consequently are much more rigid, which is why they hurt me.

thanks, I'm going to try these.

Edited by Jachut

The instead ones are not reusable. I tried them a few years ago and I liked them. Like a tampon if it is inserted right, you can't feel it. It you feel it, take it out and try again. It takes a few times to get used to it. But it is on the expensive side when compared to tampons so I went back to using tampons and pads. Pads for light days, tampons for heavy days.

I love tampons, and can't wear anything else unless I'm having horrible cramps. Which, thankfully aren't that often.

For when my dd starts (she just turned 11, so it won't be long) I want her to wear pads for at least a year. I know that wearing them when I was younger helped me find my "flow" and how it felt. I think that's important. If she wants to swim or do some other activity where tampons make more sense I won't be opposed.

Oh, yeah..I almost forgot! My "first tampon" story.

When I was young, my mother wouldn't let me use tampons. I was at my friend's house and all they had were xl tampons and I needed one. So, her older sister told me, "Just stick it up there. No biggie."

Right. Except I didn't know you had to pull off the card board part.

So, I just "stuck it up there" and we went out to ride bikes. I got 1/2 way down the driveway and said, "I can't do this...it's too uncomfortable. The cardboard part hurts."

Needless to say, they all laughed their butts off at me. :biggrin: And, me, too. I never went back to pads after that, though.

lololol oh my

You guys kill me, we get a 'powder room' and this thread is highlighted. :sad:

lol proves we talk about more interesting things than boys :P

I'm a dedicated DivaCup user. It works great for me. When I used tampons I always had to have an over night pad, since there was usually a leak. Since I've gotten the DivaCup that hasn't been an issue. :biggrin2:

I'm scared to try the cups...I'd like to at least TRY them though.

I just don't want to buy a whole box then not be able to wear them or not like them...=/

I have one thing to say....... DEPO PRIVERA!!! Haven't had to buy anything for 6 years. AND, I lost weight with it! C-Ya tampons and Pads!:P

what's that o.o -stupid-

I can't do any hormones at all...I had to use a IUD, then bf got "fixed" - GOD LOVE HIM!!! Now it's nothing at all....and we love it. I've tried every pill, aside from the new one Yaz(?) and they all make me cry or angry - and nothing in between.

Except, I do have those pesky periods. Mine usually only last a few days, though, with occassional crampings.

what's that o.o -stupid-

Birth Control shots. I used to get them once every 3 months (not sure how they do it now, if it's changed or not).

I tried Depo-provera once, despite already being incredibly fat, I gained a record 30lb in less than a month. Not for me!!!

And the cup, I looked at the website (my brain still won't agree to it), but it says you re-use the cup, so no buying 'a whole box', just buy the one. Maybe 2 for a back up.