Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Have You Lost So Far?

I have lost 16 pounds. 12 I think pre-surgery and 4 since.

And a pair of short that didn't button fit now so hurrah it's real weight :)

I am going to work my butt off to make sure I can survive on will power before the first fill. I am glad I had to do the pre-op diet to get used to not stuffing myself all the time.

Although I am a little dissapointed that my stomach grumbles are still so pronounced.

Way to go. Stick with it. I lost 16lb pre-op, but did weigh myself the day after my surgery 11jun08 and noticed that I was 10 lbs heavier than the morning before. I thought maybe it was the CO2?? Don't know...but now 8 days alter I'm down those 10 and another 2. I 'm following the advice of my surgeon for diet. First 4days after surgery just Clear Liquids, then 10 days of full liquids (Just finished day 4 of this one) then the mushy stage for two weeks and then slowly introducing the solids back in to the diet. Apparently this helps your body adjust to having something foreign in it and allows an adjustment period. No vomitting and hardly any pain at all unlike a friend who did quite a bit of vomitting and pain but did not follow this diet.

So I think I will stick what my doc recommended. Just thought I'd share.

I'm starting mushy stage TODAY!!! :rolleyes2:YAY! :thumbup:

I'm on the same diet plan you're on and like you...I'm sticking with it to! I don't want added pain/complications! :tongue2:

Hang in there and stay focused on the WHY....seek encouragement on tough days!:smile:

I love the Thanksgiving comment! I'm ready for my Thanksgiving!:biggrin: lol

I think my first meal will be oatmeal...it's been staring at me from my pantry!!:thumbup:

Good luck!:tt2:

Failing is not an option!:thumbup:

Hooray for everyone! We are doing well!

I was banded on June 12 and stuck with the 2 week pre-liquid diet like hot glue. (Well, I was going to cheat on the last day with a tiny slice of pizza, but there was divine intervention since my DH decidedly to accompany me to my appointment. Drat!) This past week after surgery, I haven't felt like eating until about Wednesday. MUSHIES on Thursday have saved me since I was soooo very tired of the liquid options. I had completely exhusted my tolerance for them. I am in MUSHIE HEAVEN with the choices available now.

And, so far, including pre-surgery liquid diet, I have lost 30 pounds! I feel really good about what has left but I can tell, now, it's time to exercise to help more of this weight leave me. I am heading to the "Y" today to do some extra walking while DH works out.

Good luck to everyone as we continue this journey. :smile:

I know this summer is bringing lots of changes to my life. I want to explore and get to know this whole thing called "eating with a lapband" to find out what works best for me, so that by the fall, I can concentrate a little less on this and a little more on other things in my life. I will always, always, enjoy food! I am a foodie who enjoys cooking and eating, but hopefully, I can find a healthier relationship with it.

I have lost 17 pounds since getting banded on June 10. I am waiting for my first fill, which is on July 3. With the swelling going down and recovering pretty quickly, I am hungry. I need my fill!

i was banded on JUNE 4 2008 AND STARTED AT 276 AND NOW DOWN TO 262 . I'M ON MUSHIES NO meat JUST FISH .I HAVE NOT LOST ANYMORE AND NO FILL YET I FEEL A LITTLE LOST EATING 3 MUSHY MEALS A DAY WILL NO PROBLEM. IM EATING A FRACTION OF WHAT I DID BEFORE AND NOTHING ..P.S. IM DOING GREAT WITH PORTIONS JUST UNABLE TO REALLY EXERCISE YET DO TO HAVE ANOTHER MEDICAL PROCEDURE .

Edited by WAJEEDAH7

everyone is doing great!!!!

I have lost a total of 20 pounds, 5 pre-op and 15 since being banded on the 16th. I know thats totally not normal but I have been having to chase my kids around this week, as my hubby is deployed and his mom could only take off work until Tuesday. So I HAD to get up and be active with them, but it's been ok. I'm so excited to be on this journey! I can't wait to see my hubby's face when he comes home!

Hi I have lost 29 pounds, 22 on preop diet and 7 since lapband on june 20.. I feel so awesome!

Hi, I have lost 26 lbs. with my pre-op liquid diet. My surgery is tomorrow.

I was banded on June 3, I was on pre-op diet of high Protein low carb and lost 11 lbs before surgery. I have since lost 15.3 more lbs. Should go for first fill the first or second week in July. I am now ready to start walking or some form of exercise daily for about 30mins to help with the weight loss.

I lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet and have lost 19 lbs since surgery on 6/4/08. I'm thrilled! I was on vacation last week and when I got dressed for work this morning I discovered how loose my dress pants were! Yay!!!

I lost 17 pounds on my two week pre-op and have lost 7 more since being banded on the 17th. 24 pounds that I will NEVER EVER see again :blink:

Just got weighed today. I lost 19 pounds since my surgery (I went from my original weight, in the hospital I had gained 2 pounds from all the IV Fluid and didn't count that). I kind of wish it was more, but I'm just very thankful that it wasn't less.