Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mattoon area bandsters??

Hey all! I am banded! Nov. 11 was my day! I am down 17 lbs between pre and post op so far. I will be two weeks banded on Monday and I start mushies on Tuesday! I am so ready!

I am not having any troubles. All went well in surgery and since I have been home. Had one day of nausea about four days after surgery but am thinking it may have been a bug. I never did throw up, so that was good news.

Let me know how everyone is! We DO need a Mattoon area support group!

That is great! Keep up the good work!

I agree we need a support group! I really need some support right now! I have been banded for almost 4 mo and only lost 20lbs. I have has 3 fills and still do not fill much restriction!:cursing:

LAURA HANG IN THERE IT WILL GET BETTER.I GO SEVERAL WEEKS THEN BOOM DROP 10LBS.i HAVE HAD 6 FILLS AND DIDNT REALY FEEL ANYTHING UNTIL THIS LAST ONE.I THINK IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE MUCH .DONT THINK I WILL GO FOR IT THIS MONTH MIGHT CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT.MIGH WAIT UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY TO GO.IT HAS ALL BEEN WORTH IT AND SOME PEOPLE THINK IT IS EASY ,BUT IT IS STILL WILL POWER AND MOTIVATION.THEY DONT UNDRESTAND IT IS JUST A TOOL TO HELP US ALONG OUR WAY.SO BE PROUD OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND YOUR SUCESS IT IS SOMETHING TO BE VERYPROUD OF!PENNY

Thanks Penny! It is nice to know that I am not the only one that it is taking so many fills to get restriction! I am calling today to schedual one sooner than January.

Hi, I am Donna in Paris IL. Ya'll are the only ones close to me.

I am to see a Dr O in Champaign IL does any one know about him or ever been to him? He is the only one in the area that I know ofthat takes mediciad.

I am starting to get things going. I need to lose 250 lb so I am wored if lap band will work for someone with this much to lose. I want my life back I just turned 51 in Nov and hope to be smaller when I am 52 lol

Donna:regular_smile:

That is great! Keep up the good work!

I agree we need a support group! I really need some support right now! I have been banded for almost 4 mo and only lost 20lbs. I have has 3 fills and still do not fill much restriction!:(

This is a concern for me too. I'm 2mths out and only down about 22.5lbs. I just had my 2nd fill today and I'm at 4ccs and not feeling much restriction. I go back jan. 15th for another one. sigh.:smile:

Hi I am Donna from Paris IL does anyone know of a support group in the area that is in Mattoon or anywhere close? I am not banded yet but have to go to a pre op support group but the one they gave me is in Urbana and I have no transport that far. I will for the surgery.

Donna

Lori hang in there! I just had my 7th fill and I am up to 7.6cc and finally feeling restriction! It took a lot to get me here but I now can not eat bread, not eat in the morning until 10 and feel full after I eat a cup of food. I am debating going back for another small fill, but I will see how my weight loss goes from here.

Donna-There are non around here. I really wish there was! I think maybe we should look into getting one started. I think it would really help!

Perhaps we could get together sometime and compare notes and visit.

I would love to meet everyone in this area.

My banding is going well. I am losing at a nice pace. I am like Penny, one week I will lose and the next week I won't. I am finding that I can't eat a lot of carbs very well. Most of the bad ones seem to get stuck in my band. The goods ones go down well along with high Protein stuff.

How is it going Lori?

I got stuck last night so bad I thought my band had slipped! I was scared to death! I feel even tighter today, but for once I am not eating all day so I guess that stuck food helped!?!? I have appointment next week so I will see what she thinks.

How are all the Mattoon area bandsters doing?

I am doing well. I am down 63.5 lbs and feeling pretty awesome. I have more to go but am looking forward to the journey ahead.

Perhaps we should get together sometime.

Teri that is great!! I wish I was doing as well. I am stuck at 239. I really have not been doing good eating or exercise so it does not surprise me I am the same. The good thing is though I have not gone UP! I am now trying to watch what I am eating and I am trying to be more active!

I would love to get together and chat! I need some support!

It's been awhile since I have come to this thread. aaagh.

Well I'm down 43lbs and doing alright, not great. I just got another fill and I'm back to feeling more tight. YIPEE.

I find that life gets in the way of eating slowly, sigh. I also find that my head hunger is crazy and I really struggle with not being able to have as much food as my eyeball says I want to have.

I'm learning a lot with this band and I'm so happy I got it.

Lori 43lbs down is great! Some people lose slower than others, just look at me! I always say though at least it is not going back on and it is just slowly going off.

You went to Dr. R right? Does he do your fills or the PA? She is so nice and helps me with her words of encouragement!

I know what you mean about life getting in the way of eating slow! I find it so hard to eat when I am at the table with my kids (4 of them). I can't concentrate on how slow I am eating then I get something stuck!

I too still do not regret getting the band, even if it is a slow journey!