Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My girlie gene is weak!

Everyone makes fun of me because I carry a small purse. But I don't see the point in carrying around a giant bag. All I need is my wallet, my calendar, and my cell phone. I don't understand why some women carry EVERYTHING in their purse.

Yup. I carry everything in my bag. It weighs a ton. And I really dont know why. I have never been happy with a small bag! But I think if you can do it...its great. I bet you can actually FIND your cell phone when it rings. Probably your keys too!!! Every single day its either cell phone or keys that fall into the bottomless pit that is my purse.

? I never change my jewelry and wear the same pieces everyday for the most part.

Jewelry? I haven't worn jewelry (with the exception of funky Xmas earings once a year) in several years. No chains, rings, bracelets....have a collection of stuff, just don't wear it/ Or a watch either. It freaks people out - I don't carry a cell, I don't wear a watch...

I don't understand why some women carry EVERYTHING in their purse.

And some do, don't they? I'm you could ask for a wrench, tapioca pudding and slipper and they'd have it!

LOL. Maybe a screwdriver or knife. Never a wrench. Possibly a Protein shake...dont like tapioca. Slippers??? Well.... probably not enough room. Now how would you possibly get away with not carrying a cell phone? Do people yell at you all the time because they cant reach you???

Since I am neither a transplant surgeon, nor on a waiting list for donor organs, there is NOTHING that I think is so important that I need to carry a cellphone. If I'm not at home, they can leave a message. If Im not at work they can leave a message. Otherwise, they are out of luck.

I don't blame you. I only started carrying a cell phone a few months ago. And the only reason I did was because I started nursing school and my Dad has been sick. I wanted him to be able to reach me if he needed to. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have one. It is just another bill to me.

I have a daugher and so I love that we can reach each other whenever usually by text. She has broken down in her car and stuff like that or if she gets sick. But I can totally get someone not feeling the need for one.

I have a daugher and so I love that we can reach each other whenever usually by text. She has broken down in her car and stuff like that or if she gets sick. But I can totally get someone not feeling the need for one.

You must have a very close relationship with your daughter. The last person I want to talk with when I'm sick is my mother. She usually only has found out about any illnesses or surgeries etc LONG after the fact, and then only if someone else tells her.

When I used to travel between 2 offices that were several hours apart through treacherous mountain passes, I would borrow someone's cell phone in case of vehicle breakdown if it were winter snowdriving conditions, but other than that, I just have not identified any need where being able to contact me immediately is essential. Whatever happens, being able to reach me or not will not change the outcome.

Yes my daughter and I are extremely close. I was determined to have a great relationship with her because I didnt have one with my mom. Having a wonderful relationship with her is easy..she is the best ever. You said treacherous mountain passes. May I ask where you travel to?

married- i think its great you have such a good relationship with your daughter. that is how my mom and i are, she is my best friend. and i call her when i am sick too, lol.

i wouldnt say my girlie gene is weak but i am also not a girlie girl. i fix my hair for work or when we go to do something, but if i am just home for the weekend, a pony tail is it. same with makeup. i do get my nails done though. my real nails break and split and i hate it, so i have the fake gel kind. but i keep them short. my husband doesnt get the point of it since i have them done so short, but i love them. they hold up great during the horse riding or the four wheeler rides or building fence, or whatever we are doing. i love being outside and am horrible at housework. lol, my hubby hates that!

i have only one purse at a time. i use it until it has holes and then i buy a new one. they are usually perty generic and brown and from wallyworld. i love my boots. cowboy boots that is. i have a bunch of different ones. ones for riding, and then my assortment of different colored ariat pro-babies. and i love flip flops in the summer. just the cheap ones from wallyworld too. i was super stoked when my hubby brought me home a new pair of carhart bib coveralls that didnt fit a guy he works with. they are so nice and warm and the ick in the corral's didnt get threw them as fast when we were lambing. those late late nights in the freezing cold are much better now.

so yeah, i am somewhat girlie, but not fru-fru so, ya know?

Well, I'd have to say I fall in the "girlie" category, but I have a potty mouth, and have NO qualms of standing up on my soapbox to bitch. I'll stand up to any man in an argument, and I usually win. I have very stong opinions on things like social injustice, politics run amok, and mean people. I think this came with age. I color my hair out of necessity, but don't use hair "products". I just wash and dry with a round brush dryer. Brush it out of my face and go. I have never worn foundation or powder (it feels so icky) and just touch up with blush, mascara and lip stick. A touch of eyeliner if I'm going out. I HATE lace and frills, but LOVE simple elegance. Satin, natural fabrics and clean lines. I don't polish my nails, and keep them trimmed, shaped and natural. Long nails get in my way. I love heels and used to wear spiked candies back in the day. (Disco era) Now that I've had my foot crushed and have pins, I stick to the cute, strappy low heels now. This does not stop me from having my toes done. I NEVER go without a pedicure. go figure. I wear toe rings and an ankle Bracelet. I'm a sucker for jewelry, and and though I don't wear a lot, or anything heavy or overwhelming, it MUST be real. No costume jewelry for me..... Pearls are my favorite, but don't wear them every day. I'm just as comfortable in a dress as I am in jeans and a sweater, and flip flop between the two. I like to fish from a kayak, but won't sleep in a tent without an air mattress or cot. I'll drive an ATV in the wilderness of Alaska, and stay in a cabin without electricity or heat, but will carry my toiletries with me in a backpack if I have to. I can sail a boat and change a tire if need be. My hubby says I don't have a masculine bone in my body and that I'm ALL WOMAN.... vinegar and all....... thanks baby. that's just the way I like it!!!

Well, I'd have to say I fall in the "girlie" category, but I have a potty mouth, and have NO qualms of standing up on my soapbox to bitch. I'll stand up to any man in an argument, and I usually win. I have very stong opinions on things like social injustice, politics run amok, and mean people. I think this came with age. I color my hair out of necessity, but don't use hair "products". I just wash and dry with a round brush dryer. Brush it out of my face and go. I have never worn foundation or powder (it feels so icky) and just touch up with blush, mascara and lip stick. A touch of eyeliner if I'm going out. I HATE lace and frills, but LOVE simple elegance. Satin, natural fabrics and clean lines. I don't polish my nails, and keep them trimmed, shaped and natural. Long nails get in my way. I love heels and used to wear spiked candies back in the day. (Disco era) Now that I've had my foot crushed and have pins, I stick to the cute, strappy low heels now. This does not stop me from having my toes done. I NEVER go without a pedicure. go figure. I wear toe rings and an ankle Bracelet. I'm a sucker for jewelry, and and though I don't wear a lot, or anything heavy or overwhelming, it MUST be real. No costume jewelry for me..... Pearls are my favorite, but don't wear them every day. I'm just as comfortable in a dress as I am in jeans and a sweater, and flip flop between the two. I like to fish from a kayak, but won't sleep in a tent without an air mattress or cot. I'll drive an ATV in the wilderness of Alaska, and stay in a cabin without electricity or heat, but will carry my toiletries with me in a backpack if I have to. I can sail a boat and change a tire if need be. My hubby says I don't have a masculine bone in my body and that I'm ALL WOMAN.... vinegar and all....... thanks baby. that's just the way I like it!!!

You GO girl!!!!