Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My girlie gene is weak!

LOL you guys are hilarious!

Im a girly girl, but a well rounded one. I love skirts, dresses, purses, and heels (OMG SHOES!). Yes even though Im a 6fter, I like towering over people. Nothing pleases me more than when Im the tallest person in a subway car.

I love video games, I dont wear makeup, I get maybe a pedicure a year (I have nice feet though), never get manicures, my hair is au naturale and mostly wash and go, plus ive been told that I drive like a man and I curse like a sailor. :cursing:

I love strong female characters in books, movies and games. My favorites are Eve Dallas from Nora Roberts' In Death series and Starbuck on BSG. I cant stomach a movie where the women are weak. So I stay away from lifetime, anything by Tyler Perry, and Greys (*Pick me, choose me = nails +chalkboard).

To the OP:

A skirt is cut on the bias just means that the fabric was cut for the pattern diagonally across the bolt.

My pink tutu is showing!:)

LOL you guys are hilarious!

Im a girly girl, but a well rounded one. I love skirts, dresses, purses, and heels (OMG SHOES!). Yes even though Im a 6fter, I like towering over people. Nothing pleases me more than when Im the tallest person in a subway car.

I love video games, I dont wear makeup, I get maybe a pedicure a year (I have nice feet though), never get manicures, my hair is au naturale and mostly wash and go, plus ive been told that I drive like a man and I curse like a sailor. :cursing:

I love strong female characters in books, movies and games. My favorites are Eve Dallas from Nora Roberts' In Death series and Starbuck on BSG. I cant stomach a movie where the women are weak. So I stay away from lifetime, anything by Tyler Perry, and Greys (*Pick me, choose me = nails +chalkboard).

To the OP:

A skirt is cut on the bias just means that the fabric was cut for the pattern diagonally across the bolt.

My pink tutu is showing!:)

HI Chocolate!

I relate to everything you said! Also have a potty mouth! Love my lipstick but not much of a dress wearing, shoe buying girl. Love strong females characters in real life as well as in books although I havnt had much time to read. I see you live in NY? I lived in NYC for much of my life and now in NJ!

THis was directed to the woman who had no girly genes!!! Does this mean you are a bad girl??? All bad girls may reply!!!!! LOL

Edited by married

THis was directed to the woman who had no girly genes!!! Does this mean you are a bad girl??? All bad girls may reply!!!!! LOL

Touche, I am definately not lacking in the girly gene. So I guess half a tomboy doesn't count:tongue:.

But if a potty mouth makes me a bad girl, I'll TAKE IT!:lol:

Touche, I am definately not lacking in the girly gene. So I guess half a tomboy doesn't count:tongue:.

But if a potty mouth makes me a bad girl, I'll TAKE IT!:lol:

holy s. i just noticed that you lost 120lbs?? Did I read that right?

holy s. i just noticed that you lost 120lbs?? Did I read that right?

chocolate I got banded in Dec of 08 and I am losing very slowly if and sometimes not at all. Any tips for me? How many fills did you have to get to the right amount? I know I am in the wrong forum for this question probably but oh well.

Exercise and more exercise. That's what worked for me. I work with the band.

You can shoot me a PM if you want, I like this thread too much to hijack it.

Yes I agree. This is a great thread ..dont want to derail!!! I dont know how to pm!!! I will once I find out!

I'm 5-7, so not tall, but taller than a lot of women. I'm probably the tallest girl in my family that I know for several generations. I tend to avoid heels. I like flats. I'll wear a heel up to around 3 inches, but prefer 2. That said, when I lose this weight I plan to buy a serious pair of cfuk-me shoes. Something seriously sexy that only the skinny girls wear. ;-) My poor 5-6 DH will just have to deal with it.

Purses are not a thing for me. I'm in a fashion business so I do notice them, and I try to keep current, but to be honest, I'd really rather carry one of those backpack bags from the 90s, not the teeny little ones that looked stupid but something fairly large, not as big as a college backpack. I have about 4 of them now, my favorite is sadly in bad shape. It was black buttery leather, made by Esprit, big enough to use as a laptop bag or carry a full sized planner and I could even do a weekend with it if I stuffed it. I liked it enough to hunt down several more similar to it. Worked great when my kids were smaller and always wanted me to carry stuff for them. Right now I have a cute hand bag I use, but I'd go back to the backpack (always wore it over 1 shoulder) in a heartbeat. If I'm really bumming around and it's winter, (which lasts forever here) I have a jacket with huge pockets and I'll just drop everything I need into them and go.

I like sappy movies. I love girl-power movies too. I just saw A Long Kiss Goodbye! She rocked! I avoid horror flicks mostly, because I have bizzaro dreams if I watch one. I was an abused kid and I think they just get to me. I also love a good action flick and sport movies where hard work pays off for the underdog. ;-)

It's funny. I wasn't at all girly as a kid. I was climbing trees and fishing, and the smart kid at school that no one knew was smart because I didn't care if they knew. I washed my face with Ivory soap and Sea Breeze before I became a Mary Kay consultant. I think I only owned 2 eyeshadows back then. (Both of them horrid, looking back!) Now I'm definitely girlier. I wear makeup, I get regular manicures, and treat myself to a pedi now and then. My toes do look way cuter when I do them, so I do. Nails are just done clear usually. I just need the mani because otherwise my nails are way too weak and break off, then I chew them down, nervous habit, but if I keep them done I leave them alone and they look great.

I hated dresses as a kid, much to my Grandmother's chagrin. I started wearing them as a teen now and then, but stuck to jeans most of the time. Now I hardly own a pair of pants. I wear skirts and dresses all the time because it works for my business.

I have seriously good hair. I just never like to mess with it. I get it cut and colored, and I straighten sometimes with a flat Iron, or let it air dry and I'm all waves and ringlets. I'm lucky to have a good stylist who loves me even when I don't show up for months.

Panty hose are truly evil. I wear them alot and always hate them. I have a lot of long skirts and a pair of great wedges so I do go without if I can, but still pull them on for business attire.

I've never had the thought "Oh cool, a tiara"

Me either, but last year I was the #1 consultant in my National Area for Mary Kay and I got one for being the Queen! All sparkly! It's way too fun. I have it up in my bedroom where I can look at it because I'm committed to earning another one this year! ;-) Sometimes it's fun to put on an evening gown and play Cinderella!

Yeah, I've been infected with the girlie gene!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

the force is stong in that one Obi Wan.

I'm 5-7, so not tall, but taller than a lot of women. I'm probably the tallest girl in my family that I know for several generations. I tend to avoid heels. I like flats. I'll wear a heel up to around 3 inches, but prefer 2. That said, when I lose this weight I plan to buy a serious pair of cfuk-me shoes. Something seriously sexy that only the skinny girls wear. ;-) My poor 5-6 DH will just have to deal with it.

Purses are not a thing for me. I'm in a fashion business so I do notice them, and I try to keep current, but to be honest, I'd really rather carry one of those backpack bags from the 90s, not the teeny little ones that looked stupid but something fairly large, not as big as a college backpack. I have about 4 of them now, my favorite is sadly in bad shape. It was black buttery leather, made by Esprit, big enough to use as a laptop bag or carry a full sized planner and I could even do a weekend with it if I stuffed it. I liked it enough to hunt down several more similar to it. Worked great when my kids were smaller and always wanted me to carry stuff for them. Right now I have a cute hand bag I use, but I'd go back to the backpack (always wore it over 1 shoulder) in a heartbeat. If I'm really bumming around and it's winter, (which lasts forever here) I have a jacket with huge pockets and I'll just drop everything I need into them and go.

I like sappy movies. I love girl-power movies too. I just saw A Long Kiss Goodbye! She rocked! I avoid horror flicks mostly, because I have bizzaro dreams if I watch one. I was an abused kid and I think they just get to me. I also love a good action flick and sport movies where hard work pays off for the underdog. ;-)

It's funny. I wasn't at all girly as a kid. I was climbing trees and fishing, and the smart kid at school that no one knew was smart because I didn't care if they knew. I washed my face with Ivory soap and Sea Breeze before I became a Mary Kay consultant. I think I only owned 2 eyeshadows back then. (Both of them horrid, looking back!) Now I'm definitely girlier. I wear makeup, I get regular manicures, and treat myself to a pedi now and then. My toes do look way cuter when I do them, so I do. Nails are just done clear usually. I just need the mani because otherwise my nails are way too weak and break off, then I chew them down, nervous habit, but if I keep them done I leave them alone and they look great.

I hated dresses as a kid, much to my Grandmother's chagrin. I started wearing them as a teen now and then, but stuck to jeans most of the time. Now I hardly own a pair of pants. I wear skirts and dresses all the time because it works for my business.

I have seriously good hair. I just never like to mess with it. I get it cut and colored, and I straighten sometimes with a flat Iron, or let it air dry and I'm all waves and ringlets. I'm lucky to have a good stylist who loves me even when I don't show up for months.

Panty hose are truly evil. I wear them alot and always hate them. I have a lot of long skirts and a pair of great wedges so I do go without if I can, but still pull them on for business attire.

I've never had the thought "Oh cool, a tiara"

Me either, but last year I was the #1 consultant in my National Area for Mary Kay and I got one for being the Queen! All sparkly! It's way too fun. I have it up in my bedroom where I can look at it because I'm committed to earning another one this year! ;-) Sometimes it's fun to put on an evening gown and play Cinderella!

Yeah, I've been infected with the girlie gene!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

the force is stong in that one Obi Wan.

That was fun to read. I am 5'7" too and even without heels I am ALWAYS taller than my dates. Cant wait to see a picture of your cfm shoes! What color would they be? I laughed about Ivory soap and SEABREEZE!!! I remember that stuff!!!! Ok seriously...I want a tiara.....

Edited by married

I am 5'7, but I still love heels! I am definitely a girlie girl, but I'm not much into purses. I don't see the point in changing them out all the time. I have a cute little black one that I have used for years. It's the perfect size and it goes with everything. I don't have time to change purses everyday!

I never was into the whole salon thing. I have natural curly hair and there's not much that can be done with it, so I don't see the point in going to a hairdresser. I only go in every now and then and get a trim. I also don't get manis and pedis. I never had the money for all that. But I do my own and I must say that I do a pretty good job! I do wear makeup and have since I was about 9!!

Sometimes buying a new lipstick is better than sex. Ok I havnt had sex in awhile. lol. I have locked myself out of the house/car too many times after changing purses so I NEVER do that anymore. Use the same one until I buy another one unless I am going out and then I may change my purse but usually not. I LOVE makeup. I dont consider myself a girlie girl at all even though I do wear makeup. I love the transformation aspect of it and I love the whole process of putting it on. I like dramatic eye make up. I remember buying my first lipstick. Does anyone remember Slickers?

Purses are not a thing for me.

They sure aren't for me! I don't carry one to work, and who needs one on the weekends when I'm in sweats or jeans around the house? My sister has given me several beautiful Coach purses, but they are still in their boxes in the back of my closet. The only times I carry a purse: going to a special party/wedding (I have a small black patent leather 'cute' purse for lipstick, car keys and a few bills); or if I am going on a business trip. Other than that, nope, no purse.

I like sappy movies.. I also love a good action flick and sport movies where hard work pays off for the underdog. ;-)

I HATE sappy movies. I want some good adventure movies or mystery or interesting stories. Hate chick flicks.

I think I only owned 2 eyeshadows back then. (Both of them horrid, looking back!) Now I'm definitely girlier. I wear makeup, I get regular manicures, and treat myself to a pedi now and then..

Don't like makeup - I wear minimal for work or 'dress up' for a party. Otherwise, it sits in the medicine cabinet. My idea of retirement will have NO makeup, NO purses, NO dresses, NO nylons, NO heeled shoes...And no mani's or pedi's for me...waster of time and money in my opinion - I can't stand having to watch my nails when I'm digging in the garden or stripping furniture and as for my toes - who see's 'em?

I wear skirts and dresses all the time because it works for my business.

Ditto. Hence why I hate them...a suit every day, 5 days a week...

Panty hose are truly evil. I wear them alot and always hate them.

DITTO!! Must wear them; no bare legs even at the height of summer in my office. They are truly horrible things to wear.

Sometimes it's fun to put on an evening gown and play Cinderella!

ABSOLUTELY! I love getting all gussied up for a christmas party or wedding or something. Other than that, nope, look for me in jeans and sneakers!

But for all that I've said, my family thinks I'm girlie! I love to sew, knit, decorate the house, garden, bake, cook...just hate the 'trappings' of dresses, makeup, purses.

Edited by tapshoes

I hate sappy movies too. I dont like my feet so i do get a pedicure in the summer to make them look nicer. I have nice hands with short nails so i usually keep my nails short and cant stand not being able to do things with my hands when i have long nails like button or zipper or put earrings on or off..how does anyone do that???? Not a huge fan of coach bags...just dont find them pretty. Havnt worn hose is a million years and would HATE to have to dress up for work. I used to have to when I worked in the city. Now I get to go casual YAY. I never change my jewelry and wear the same pieces everyday for the most part. I love all the responses on this thread.