Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found the money so I'm moving forward!!!

I think we all get scared about surgery at times.

My insurance is giving me a bit of the run around with some things but I am working through it.

To the people who are paying for surgery GOOD LUCK and good for you. It's worth it to have a long and healthy life.

For those with insurance probs be strong and think positive, I know how you feel.

And to those having surgery soon CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK. May you heal quickly and lose lots of weight!!

And its not only those few victories, it is also about your health. i had back problems, and had to be on physical theray for a while, and as I was losing the wight most of the health problems I had were going away.

I think it is Ok to be afraid, after all you are starting a new life, believe me.

Who is doing your surgery and how much - I am in the same boat - insurance doesn't cover and I live in Arlington

Hi there:

It’s going to cost me $12,000 out of pocket because my insurance doesn’t allow any type of weight loss surgery. I’m very new to this. Believe it or not I should have done this about 5 years ago when I first went to see what it was all about, but the fear of the unknown took over and here I am all these years later with about 50 more pounds on me. I guess too I had to wait to come up with the money because I’ve never had an insurance that would allow me to do this type of surgery. The only reason I’m even on this wagon again is because I ran into an old friend of one of my oldest daughters Mother at Sam’s and I did not recognize her. She was as big as I the last time I saw her and now she was down about 50 pounds in about 3 months. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! So neat less to say if I had not run into her I would not be here today. She told me about TLC Edge in Dallas, TX and how I could apply for credit and well here I am really to take this on. I’m doing it because I am about 150 pounds over what I should be, plus I have a few medical problems that I’m sure will be corrected by having this surgery.

How much are you over weight that they had to add 20 pounds to you?

Hi lady I have decided that even if I have to self pay I will have the surgery. I don't know why for so many years I felt there was no way I could have the surgery unless it was covered by insurance. I have thought about it and if I can pay $15,000 for a car then how can I not justify spending that much on myself ,my happiness, maybe even my life life!!!! I have 2 small children and they always want me run and play w/ them. I try but I always poop out. I can see that they are always disappointed. Just to be able to run and play w/ my children would be priceless. I like u have put this off 5 years. I also ran in to a a ex co-worker that I had not seen in years. Last time I saw her she was still heavier than me. Now she is so thin she looks so good just the size I would like to be. That was a real kick in the butt for me. I am at around 250 now I had lost some weight doing low carb and had got down to 220 I started to go up again a little before I went to see the surgeon so I was at around 230 so that why I had to gain 20 lbs to get to 40 BMI.

I paid for my lapband surgery myself. $11,700. I have lost 40 lbs. since my surgery on 3/7. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

It gave me control over my eating which is something I have never been able to do on my own.

just got on today to the website

got my h&p from my doctor along with a letter stating he thought it would be a good ideal for me to get the procedure and that he thought i would do good and that my health problem would be reduce ofter the weight loss. have been to a seminar met the surgen. have first appoinment with him on the 18th of june. sooo excited. called ins. ths said all they needed was a letter from both doctors showing medical need then they pay 90%

hope this works have heard lots of ins horror stories.:tongue2:

I self paid---and do not regret it for a second. I love my band and what it has changed in my life. My only thing I would change, is I wish at times I had used the $$$ to pay for an attorney to battle the insurance for me, they were being horrible, and mine should have been covered. But however it happen, it has been WELL worth it!

I was banded in Mexicali, MX, and paid $$7740.00. But that was over 2 years ago....

Kat

Oh my gosh…

This is moving so fast.

I’ve done my consultation. I’m met my surgeon. I’m set up with my appointment to do my post-op on June 17th and I’m schedule for my surgery on June 26th (don’t have a time yet).

Yesterday was my last day on real food. I had lunch with my youngest daughter and it felt weird knowing it was my last time I would be eating this way.

I began my shakes this morning at 7:30 am. I have to have 7 per day.

I’m a bit freaked out!

Thats norma lady... We all kinda get jittery in the pre op stage. It's a huge life change... But even though sometimes the thought of the changes are too scary... once you are living it you think 'wow this isn't so bad'. I love my band and I barely notice the changes.

I think if anything I enjoy food more now. Before I would just shovel it in so fast it was how much can I get in there. Now I get to enjoy the taste more and converse with friends and family while we eat.

Hello:

I kind of felt the same about having my insurance pay for it and then when I found out that I could apply for credit, I thought why not. I mean I buy a new car every 3 years and it’s on credit. I just won’t get a new car for awhile and give myself this gift. I was going to get the money from somewhere of that I knew it. I am so sick of begin sick and over weight! Yes, do what ever you have too. I was able to spend the last few years of my youngest child still able to move around and I know that it meant to world to her. Now she sees me and she hates to see me suffer by just walking. It takes a lot from me. I weight 308 and I’m 5’7” 1/2. I should be around 170-180 so I have at least 130 pounds to lose. It seems so much, but when I saw my friend and how she looked. Man I could believe it. And she is already at the other end where she has lost too much and no now they are trying to put back on her at least 20. Is that crazy or what?

Oh my gosh, help!!!

Today is the 5th day of my liquid diet and I totally mess up tonight. I have no idea what got into me, but I got home and my husband had cooked dinner as he has for almost 20 years and I just went straight to the kitchen and severed my self baked chicken. I would have eaten the whole thing if my daughter had not come in and asked what I was doing. I totally spaced out and forgot that I was on a liquid diet. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ON EARTH I WAS THINKING OR RAHTER WHAT I WASN'T THINKING! Could this affect my surgery on June 26th? How much did I eat? Well if you take a toast and cut it not the middle, that's how much chicken I ate. I'm so scared! Did I totally mess myself up? :P

Who is doing your surgery and how much - I am in the same boat - insurance doesn't cover and I live in Arlington.

Hi there...

I am going to a new place called TCL Edge in Plano, TX. Sorry I don't have the number on me. It cost $12,000 and it includes everything except the post-op liquid diet that you have to follow after surgery. I'm going to use Dr. David Kim because my firend used him and well she was very happy with him.