Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Supplement Suggestions

I like mixing Gensoy chocolate Protein mix with Light vanilla Soy milk. (silk) It is like having a chocolate fix all the time. And I only drink them if I think I am low on my Protein count at the end or beginning of the day.

Those bullets I used in the very beginning with I was on liquids still. I think the fruit one was my favorite flavor and I got them at GNC also.

I absolutely hate most of the Protein Shakes. Unjury is the least offensive that I have found but that one takes me awhile to get down. I have been pretty happy with South Beach Diet Meal Replacement bars which have like 20 grams and aren't too bad tasting. I am going to try to get some Protein bullets this weekend and those have 42 grams in a 3 oz vial, I am hoping that I can just hold my nose and do it like a shot :biggrin: Good luck in your search :)

i,M USING jAY rOBB GREAT FLAVORS EASY TO MIX ALSO A POWDERED PEANUTBUTTER powder TO ADD TO DRINK...

I have unjury I love it. I make vanila shakes and I use the unflavored in sugar free pudding I cant taste it. And I feel like I am getting a bonus in my pudding...I even make pudding pops with unflavored powder so I get a good boost in my desert lol

I think they fill me up.

GNC Pro Performance

Tastes like hot chocolate! Yum! It boasts 60g/serving but I never make it with all 3 scoops. It's expensive but does go on sale BOGO 1/2 off quite often, and i stretch it by not using 3 scoops at a time. Doesn't need to be put it in a blender (not gritty). I too have an entire cabinet of supplements, and this is by far the best I have tried.

OK - I have a hot tip. I have a mini bullet blender, but any blender will do. I find even the nastiest shakes taste good if I put them in the blender with about 4 ice cubes and the Water. It makes it really cold and bubbly and tastes heaps better. With vanilla shakes, adding a couple of drops of vanilla essense for extra flavour also helps.

I'm having a tough time with the Protein right now also. I've been doing it for over a month. I really like the kind I get through my surgeon, HMR 70, but it's too expensive. So I went to GNC this weekend, and the guy working there helped me pick out one, well got it home and it was disgusting. I guess I'll try ordering some Unjury. But I am just so sick of protein supplements!

I really like it. I am a chocolate freak but the vanilla is REALLY good. I tend to add it to more solid food so I get the Protein in and still have the solid food my Dr wants.

I do have to say the pudding pops were very good this weekend vanila Unjury to SF cheescake made into pudding pops in the freezer AH-Mazing!

I am getting banded next Wednesday 7/29 and have started with the shakes. I find that blended fruit makes them SO much better. I plan on buying a magic bullet for work. I also bought powdered, lowfat peanutbutter from a website called Bell Plantation (do a search for it). You can add a scoop to your shakes and will have all the benefits of Protein without the added fat. I have not been able to get down a shake with no added fruit, although I am a newbie :wink2:

Best wishes with your surgery, I love the powdered Peanut Butter it taste great in choco shakes.Also in my powdered choco Vitamin, I also have the bullet it makes doing your shakes a breeze,also I just ordered a supplement that comes with the bullet called the bulletboost.Still have to see what it does. Let me know how you are doing just had my second fill and I never feel like eating.

I like Isopure. It has the texture and almost taste of gatorade, and it has 40g of Protein and 160 calories. I drink it after I work out, especially if my protein intake has not been high enough.

I like the Unjury strawberry Sorbet. It is good when mixed in Lemonade. I also tend to revert back to to Carnation Instant Breakfast Mixes (Sugar Free of course) :confused: - but they are hard to find. The premixed one are nasty.

Glucerna Creamy chocolate delight are pretty tasty!

I travel a LOT so I keep Protein powders for when I'm on the go and just can't find something (aka airports).

I really like the Syntax nectar ones. My favorite is the Roadside Lemonade.< /strong> I like them because I got totally burned out on the whole vanilla and chocolate thing originally after surgery.

syntax does I believe now have van/choc, but I really like that lemonade. I want to try their peach one next. You do have to drink them really cold however.

I buy mine from drugstore.com

I :sad::wub::w00t: Syntax Nectars too! The fuzzy navel (peach / orange) is great, so is the chocolate truffle, fruit punch and vanilla torte. I have one every morning it goes a long way to getting the protein in. Amazon sells most of their flavors too.

I am having a hard time with the Protein supplement. I would like to avoid the shakes entirely, and just add unflavored protein to my foods. But I bought some Unflavored at GNC yesterday that was made especially to go into regular foods and tried adding it to my food and it changed the flavor, texture, and appearance so much that I couldn't eat it.

I also got the 52g chocolate powder from Walmart. I'll try that today, I guess.

I have ordered the Pure from Bariatriceating.com. But I guess while I wait for it, I will use what I have.

Really disappointed in this. Wishing there was something like the Fiber supplement that just stirs into Water and doesn't effect it.