Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lol thought I would make the font red...how creative right.

Here we can chat and talk about our lovely monthly visitor...or sometimes the very rare visitor.

I am trying to make things more organized and not all mixed up so we won't all get lost.

So here ya go.:lol:

OK . . . I have a question. I am on the pill and so my periods have always been like clockwork, very light, minimal cramping and finish in 2 days with a 2-3 pound weight gain and mild crabbiness due to pms.

Now several months post surgery, I am still on the pill, I have spotting occasionally at weird times, they now can be very heavy at times, moderate cramping up to a deep ache and finish in 4-5 days with a similar weight gain . . . not to mention that my husband and son stay far, far away from me now a couple of days before because of pms.

I eat a healthy diet, meet my nutritional goals, and work out like crazy.

Does anyone else have this problem or any explanations as to why they have gotten so unpleasant?

I recently went back on the depo shot so I dont have periods, but I am having terrible side effects. I am very crabby, hungry all the time for junk, tired, back hurts, and my skin is breaking out. I feel like I am pregnant! I am going to the doctor tomorrow... hopefully they can check out my hormones or something. I was on depo before and it was never like this... I hope it goes away FAST!

I did go through a stage where my periods got very disturbed, terrible PMS and cramping with horrid bowel upsets.

It seems that weight loss (or aging, dont know which) has sparked off endometriosis in me - both my sisters suffer horribly and I had escaped it but have now been officially diagnosed with a mild case, but its caught up with me now. Period time will now find me howling on the toilet, argh. Its honestly like childbirth, only involving number two's.

My period itself - still normal, light, over in 2 days and regular as clockwork.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I did go through a stage where my periods got very disturbed, terrible PMS and cramping with horrid bowel upsets.

It seems that weight loss (or aging, dont know which) has sparked off endometriosis in me - both my sisters suffer horribly and I had escaped it but have now been officially diagnosed with a mild case, but its caught up with me now. Period time will now find me howling on the toilet, argh. Its honestly like childbirth, only involving number two's.

My period itself - still normal, light, over in 2 days and regular as clockwork.

I have endometriosis as well - so girl I know how you feel!!! You could literally play connect the dots in my uterus. I had a very bad botched C-section and have horrible scar tissue as well from my first child. It is so bad when I had my second c-section the doctor had to cut through the scar tissue and actually cut my daughters head to get her out. She had to have stitches.

I hate my monthly period. With the endometroisis and other problems I've considered having a hysterectamy. The doctor hasn't made it mandatory, yet. My period has gotten better since my lap-band surgery. I don't know if it is the weight loss or my lifestyle change that has helped.

OK . . . I have a question. I am on the pill and so my periods have always been like clockwork, very light, minimal cramping and finish in 2 days with a 2-3 pound weight gain and mild crabbiness due to pms.

Now several months post surgery, I am still on the pill, I have spotting occasionally at weird times, they now can be very heavy at times, moderate cramping up to a deep ache and finish in 4-5 days with a similar weight gain . . . not to mention that my husband and son stay far, far away from me now a couple of days before because of pms.

I eat a healthy diet, meet my nutritional goals, and work out like crazy.

Does anyone else have this problem or any explanations as to why they have gotten so unpleasant?

I have heard several people in here say that oestragen is stored in fat cells, so with rapid weight loss, you get a flood of hormones in your system that can play havock with your periods for a while. Mine seem a little bit heavier but they've always been heavy and nastily painful :( and my weightloss has been fairly slow and steady.

I can believe that the fat holds on to estrogen. When I was more normal weight I had good periods, compared to many I have had since I went through a spell 1-2 years before i left my exhusband and the first 6 months or so after where I had periods from hell.

They have always been regular in the time between flows aspect but I would have Massive cramping, huge clots and bleed so bad on 2nd & 3rd days I couldn't leave the house. Pad's & tampons had to be combined with chucks pads like hosptials use on the furniture cause the combo of tampon & pad wouldnt last more then 15-20 minutes at best.

Now this was durring the time I had stoped having sex period with my ex and was severely depressed.

Left the SOB and 3 months later moved in my curent BF. By the third month of having regular sex again my periods went almost back to normal. Still a bit heavy sometimes but nothing like before. No massive clots etc. by 6months together after the doctors suggestion to add Iron durring that week they were totally back to normal.

Now If I forget to start my Iron suppliments 2-3 days before TIM starts I still get a bit of cramping and small clots. But nothing like the nightmare they used to be. My iron levels are fine the rest of the month but durring my periods they get pretty low.

I just hope that after band surgery they won't get nasty again but If they do I will live. I'd much rather have 4-5 days of inconvience then remain my size.

I've had endometriosis for quite some time, and had put off a recommended partial hysterectomy to see how the band & weightloss would be. Not much has changed - periods are still heavy / painful, PMS still a PITA.

For those suffering from endometriosis - my OB has now suggested an Endometrial Ablation rather than a hysterectomy. I wan't comfortable getting anything removed that didn't need to be, only to then suffer some form of hormone imbalance. This procedure, will just laser out the endo lining causing the discomfort.

Scheduled the end of July for this - hoping this works, be nice not having to deal with TOM crap.

HELL YES!!!! After having a horrible 5 week period and before that not having one for 3 months, my last period was normal!!! It started June 1st and ended June 8th. Wasn't too heavy or too light. Normally I have extremely heavy with huge blood clots. This time there was little clots and it was moderate. I was so excited to actually have a period that was more normal!! I dunno if it's because I lost 12 lbs in the past month or what. But a period like that is wonderful compared to my horrid ones where I can barely move or leave because of leaking/soaking through pads and tampons together.

Speaking of our cycles, we all know that hormones directly before and during our period greatly affects our moods/emotions/behavior. Did you know that throughout the 28 days of our cycle, our hormones affect us? I found this awesome book, 28 Days, that for each day it explains how the hormones (which is increasing/decreasing) are affecting us. Things such as the best time of the month to ask for that raise you've been wanting, the most amourous feeling of the month, when you are the most outgoing, when you would rather stay in and be alone, etc. It is so interesting. I got this book for my daughter (age 12), she asked if she could share it with her friends at school. It really helped her to understand everything her body is going through.

Also, there is a link, where you can see your "hormone scope" (Hormonology, The Hormone Horoscope: Discover the secrets hiding in your body's hormone cycle). You can also sign up for daily emails (5 days a week).

Now, I look at this information to help me counteract the negative and accentuate the positive. When I lent my book to my friend her husband was ready to kill me. He said it should be called, 28 days of excuses. She used it as her excuse for whatever negative (not wanting to cook, moodiness, etc)

that's really interesting newhope4me I'll have to check it out once I get some sleep I am sooooooo about to crash it's 2:23 am here LOL

Speaking of our cycles, we all know that hormones directly before and during our period greatly affects our moods/emotions/behavior. Did you know that throughout the 28 days of our cycle, our hormones affect us? I found this awesome book, 28 Days, that for each day it explains how the hormones (which is increasing/decreasing) are affecting us. Things such as the best time of the month to ask for that raise you've been wanting, the most amourous feeling of the month, when you are the most outgoing, when you would rather stay in and be alone, etc. It is so interesting. I got this book for my daughter (age 12), she asked if she could share it with her friends at school. It really helped her to understand everything her body is going through.

OH I believe it. I know for a fact that the 3-4 days before my period starts is when I am most likely to be the one who initiates sex. Heck My BF can tell me if I am gonna start soon cause he says I smell different. Also if you have more then one woman in a household, one will become the *Alpha* of sorts and many of the others will actually change their cycles to fit in with the Alphas cycle. My foster mom told me that, there were 6 teen aged foster kids and she had 1 daughter still at home. And anytime we got a new girl in the house either her cycle changed to adapt to everyone elses or we got a new Alpha. lol It was amazing to have all 8 women cycle at the same time LOL! I often wonder how my foster dad managed it. That many females with PMS at the same time. No wonder he would seem to find excuses to be outside allot. (Farmer)

Also, there is a link, where you can see your "hormone scope" (Hormonology, The Hormone Horoscope: Discover the secrets hiding in your body's hormone cycle). You can also sign up for daily emails (5 days a week).

Now, I look at this information to help me counteract the negative and accentuate the positive. When I lent my book to my friend her husband was ready to kill me. He said it should be called, 28 days of excuses. She used it as her excuse for whatever negative (not wanting to cook, moodiness, etc)

Ahh well I have seen some people who have used PMS as an excuse. But then again they were the type of people to make any ache or pain as excuse for something.

But that sounds like a good book to look into.

About 4 years ago I lost a lot of weight (starvation dieting...I know, I know). I noticed an immediate change in my periods. All my adult life I've had HORRIBLE periods...bleeding, cramping, clotting...they last 5 days and the first 2-3 I'm almost bedridden. After losing about a 100lbs, I was actually able to be active, wear only a tampon (without worrying if I would bleed all over myself) and I was able to comfortably leave the house!!

I hope this happens again with the Lapband...it was very nice. :biggrin:

I hope it does too my periods are horrid

How common is it to have a period stop when you weigh so much? This is currently happening to me. My last period (it may have been a miscarriage) lasted for 10 days- the longest I have ever had. and this month...nothing(i took a pregnancy test Sunday, it was negative) I have never missed a period. They are always 2-4 days, and just recently all my cramps have gone away. I'm getting a little worried. :unsure:Not to say that I don't appreciate skipping the bleeding, bloating, and mood swings. I just was wondering how many people have had similar experiences?