Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

fly by. forgot there wasn't school today and have a FULL schedule of patients booked until 1pm! My boy's BFF's Mother gets the privilege of watching him today. I feel bad (but I am helping her TONS with her son's 7th bday party on Saturday). Also, her Dad's foundation BUILT the clinic where I work. It's "his baby", so I think he told her she HAD to. Awkward situation. The boys will have fun playing though. off to work I go!

peasout..Laura

Good Morning All....

Sandy...congrats on going for new goals on exercise and 10K run. You rock! Sorry for your issues at work. That's one thing I don't miss...office drama.

Laura....if Nel's BFF mom agreed to take him for the day, don't worry about it. You have extra kids a lot so see it as her turn to do it. I know when my boys were Nel's' age, it was always a pleasant day when they had friends over. Played their little hearts out. Admire you for the volunteer work you are doing. I am sure it is very interesting and rewarding.

Kelly....you have a great attitude about food and getting some exercise in. Good going!

DH and I had a nice anniversary dinner together. Work got rained out about 1pm just as they were finishing up a 2 week project (yeah). They moved all the equipment to another site and were done with work at 3pm. We just hung out at home, did some job billing and then just vegged.

Funeral this afternoon for friend's mother and pretty sure another working weekend for my guys...gotta keep ahead of the weather.

Hope you all have a good day! Later

Hi gang! Just checking in before grocery shopping for my mother and going to get a fill. I sure hope I need one.......if not......I have serious hunger issues.

I walked two miles this morning and babysat. That should count for a workout.

Laura.....It is good you have moms to share in the help with the kids. That is how I made it through the kid years. There were a bunch of us that kept each others kids.....and carpooled. Hope you have a good day at the clinic.

Apples, sorry for your loss. I think we are at the age where the Greatest Generation is passing quickly. My mother said eight residents died last week at her retirement home.

To all of you and your loved ones that have served in the military........Thank you for your service and keeping us SAFE AND FREE! God Bless the USA!

Hi gang! Just checking in before grocery shopping for my mother and going to get a fill. I sure hope I need one.......if not......I have serious hunger issues.

I walked two miles this morning and babysat. That should count for a workout.

Laura.....It is good you have moms to share in the help with the kids. That is how I made it through the kid years. There were a bunch of us that kept each others kids.....and carpooled. Hope you have a good day at the clinic.

Apples, sorry for your loss. I think we are at the age where the Greatest Generation is passing quickly. My mother said eight residents died last week at her retirement home.

To all of you and your loved ones that have served in the military........Thank you for your service and keeping us SAFE AND FREE! God Bless the USA!

First thing I did this morning, Arlene, was call my boys and thank them for their service to our country. Proud of them for their commitment and sticking it out 8 yrs for one and 10 for the other son.

Yes, a lot of the funerals we have had this year are for our friend's parents. At the late 70's and 80's age. Death is the part of life that sucks but going to funerals is what a person needs to do to support friends that lose loved ones and to honor the person that has passed.

I don't ever "report" my workouts on the thread...but...boy did I get one this morning. Scrubbed ALL my floors on my hands and knees this morning...upstairs, lower level and basement. Now, that was a workout. Now this stinky girl is getting in the shower.

Well, just got back from my 30 minute walk! I walk so fast it feels like I'm just about to break into a jog. I feel I'm too heavy to actually jog (meaning it wouldn't be real good for my knees etc.) So I just walk as fast as I can:thumbup:!

Yesterday when I looked it up, I burned 500 calories, by walking for two 30 minute stretches.

I think that gives you quite a little room for calories.

Happy Vetrans Day to Everyone!

My Grandfather was in WWI

My Stepdad was in WWII

My real Dad did 4 tour in Vietnam

My brother did 8 years in the Army.

God Bless All Military!:rolleyes2:

That's all for now.:blush:

~Kelly~

Kelly...that's a lot of service to our country in your family. 4 tours in Vietnam is the one the stuck out with me. Amazing.

Good going on the walk. The more weight you lose, the easier it will get. We don't have to run to get the exercise. I've never deducted the calories from a workout. Just set what I thought it would take to lose a couple of pounds a week and went from there. There were days every couple of weeks that I went over the usual intake but that was with my "planned treat days". Just a thought.

You are doing great and nice to have you here and for you to have a place to post your daily routine. Makes a way for us to be accountable.

Hi gang.................. Im sorry to have been MIA for so long.. there was over 8 pages to read... I mostly skimmed.... I'm not feeling well these days and find sitting by the compter to not be something I want to do... My shoulder was so bad that I had to call DH home from work yesterday to take me to the ER for a shot of morphine.... I'm finally doing a bit better, bu tmy shoulder is very sore and causes me great pain... Also go news that blood tests show that something is wrong and I need to see a rhuemetologist...... Don't know what that means...... But I'll do whatever they say..... I'm sorry to wimp out but sitting here is making my shoulder hurt more.... Must get off.... Hugs and prayers to all... Julie

kelly...that's a lot of service to our country in your family. 4 tours in vietnam is the one the stuck out with me. Amazing.

good going on the walk. The more weight you lose, the easier it will get. We don't have to run to get the exercise. I've never deducted the calories from a workout. Just set what i thought it would take to lose a couple of pounds a week and went from there. There were days every couple of weeks that i went over the usual intake but that was with my "planned treat days". Just a thought.

you are doing great and nice to have you here and for you to have a place to post your daily routine. Makes a way for us to be accountable.

aawwwweeeee thanks apples2! That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :rolleyes2:

Had to skim 6 pages to sortta catch up but I know I missed some stuff that took me over an hour. LOL Did see Apples had an anniversary, Happy Belated Anniversary to Apples and Mr Apples!

I got home from Denver yesterday. We had a nice night in Denver. DD and DSIL got the new Kinect game for XBox 360 and we played that, OMG was that fun! Now I want one, it's like Wii but no controllors. DD has a workout game and a Zumba as well for it. However, I saw it at costco today and since we don't have an XBox to add the Kinect to it is $400 almost, that's probably not going to happen, but would love it. Also I was good at it. Beat DH at every game we played. LOL

I think I am done travelling until Thanksgiving, but then again if an opportunity presents itself....LOL The travel is what is keeping me sane since moving away from Denver. LOL

Kelly, I don't think I welcomed you, so welcome and good going on the walking!

Had to skim 6 pages to sortta catch up but I know I missed some stuff that took me over an hour. LOL Did see Apples had an anniversary, Happy Belated Anniversary to Apples and Mr Apples!

I got home from Denver yesterday. We had a nice night in Denver. DD and DSIL got the new Kinect game for XBox 360 and we played that, OMG was that fun! Now I want one, it's like Wii but no controllors. DD has a workout game and a Zumba as well for it. However, I saw it at costco today and since we don't have an XBox to add the Kinect to it is $400 almost, that's probably not going to happen, but would love it. Also I was good at it. Beat DH at every game we played. LOL

I think I am done travelling until Thanksgiving, but then again if an opportunity presents itself....LOL The travel is what is keeping me sane since moving away from Denver. LOL

Kelly, I don't think I welcomed you, so welcome and good going on the walking!

Thank you Great2BeThin,

I have seen the ad on t.v. and was wondering how in the heck that thing works.....I would guess off motion..does the little box follow you or something like that?

Kelly, it had a camera type thing that was mounted on top of the tv similar to the motion sensor on the wii that followed you around. then when you were done with a game it played back 'highlights' and you could watch yourself playing. That was a hoot, almost more fun that playing the game. LOL We were 'bowling' and then when you watched yourself bowl it looked so hilarious.

Good Morning gang!

I am planning to walk this morning before I take my DGD to Mommy's Day Out. I have an appt to get my toes and nails done. Would you believe My sparkles from Vegas have stayed on my toes. I am changing to Red......go figure...lol.

Not good.......turned it on QVC this morning. Dr. Perricone is the special. I love the stuff I bought last time, but he is expensive.

For the first time in many months I ate oatmeal w/walnuts. Very filling.

Julie, the doctor offered to prescribe Lyrica for night pain. Did you ask the doctor about it? She said it really good for nerve pain. I didn't get it because my pain is not everynight. You do need to get bloodwork especially since you have had so many infections in your gut.

HUGS and Prayers for you!

Sndy.........good juju on the 5k run!

Apples and Great......are y'all gone for the weekend?

Janet.......just wanted to know if the sheriff is in town this weekend? One of your deputies will be here. lol.

Just wanted to comment on this post as I am still behind in reading. Arlene and Julie, I was on Lyrica for a year before I was banded. It really increases hunger -- I gained about 20 pounds in a very short time -- so please be very careful if you are prescribed Lyrica. Katie (DSD) is on it now and she's up to 140 since her low of 103 -- this in about a month. I would never go back on Lyrica -- I'd rather have the FM pain than fight that hunger issue again. Maybe it was just me, but did want to chime in and warn you both. Maybe with a tight band, it wouldn't matter, but boy oh boy, the hunger was bad before banding and DSD is saying the same thing.

Cheri, laughing about the gas - I have had terrible gas ever since banding -- nothing helps, I toot all day every day and all night every night. But mine seldom are stinky -- but boy can some of them be loud!!!! I have to be very careful at work!!

Will try to write more later.

Linda

Hey gang.......I'm back from Dr Davis'office. The PA did not give me a fill. Poo! They do it by fluoro now. She didn't even do that. She said if I slimed I have restriction. She told me not to eat fruit in the morning or the evening......only for a snack. She said all the exercise I am doing is causing the hunger. My body is trying to hold on to the weight.....ya think? She wants me to journal and come back next month. Then maybe a fill next month after she sees my journal......busted!!! She said I had a shotty metabolism, but it will improve. I think I have a sh_tty metabolism.....lol.

Apples, I am sending flowers to a funeral in Albert Lea , Mn.....know where that is? My DH's coworker's dad died. I use Proflowers. I have been pleased with their service. I don't have to deal with the local florist.

Great, Welcome home! Yeah, that Kinect looks awesome.

Julie, I am so sorry you are in so much pain. It must be taking a toll on your emotions. HUGS!!!

Kelly, my DH did two tours of Vietnam.....One son was in the Air Force seven years.....One son in the Navy for five years. My dad was a WWII vet. I am grateful for all that served.

Hi everyone,

Have gotten through the hardest part of the week. Fridays are a light day for me. Fewer students scheduled, no 6-8th graders except 1X. Free period or two, and no after school teaching. Phew!

Tonight I've got regular church choir. Just about blew my voice out last Sunday. We have two altos, two sopranos and 6 men and a poor sound system. Our choir has really shrunk. I like our temporary director but our temporary keyboardest is not great. Hope we fill the position soon and the church actually invests some money in the music ministry.

Foods been good the last couple of days. Getting in early to work to get in my exercise. Weight is middle of my range. Still dealing with excess gas. Working on some solutions.

Cheri