Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all,

I tried a new reciepe tonight. I heard of them but never knew what they were. Scotch eggs. Looked up high Protein reciepes today and found them.

Basically its a boiled egg wrapped in a meatball and baked. It was good. Only could eat one and it is very filling. Of course I changed the ingreds. so it wasn't as many calories. Used 1/2 sausage 1/2 gr turkey. So I know it was less than 240 calories and I think it said 32gms of protein.

LauraK

Hi all,

I tried a new reciepe tonight. I heard of them but never knew what they were. Scotch eggs. Looked up high Protein reciepes today and found them.

Basically its a boiled egg wrapped in a meatball and baked. It was good. Only could eat one and it is very filling. Of course I changed the ingreds. so it wasn't as many calories. Used 1/2 sausage 1/2 gr turkey. So I know it was less than 240 calories and I think it said 32gms of protein.

LauraK

I LOVE Scottish eggs. Had my first one at the age of 17 at a festival. I make them every once in awhile. Never thought of using 1/2 sausage and 1/2 ground turkey. I do blot them with paper towel once they are done to get excess fats out. They are well worth making.

Arlene, loved the Halloween pics -- very precious little ones. I'll have to try to post some of Aylah here soon.

I hear ya on the FM issues -- we've had gorgeous weather here but suppoed to turn nasty tomorrow and I have the aches this afternoon -- feel quite lousy right now.

Linda........I am so glad you checked in with us. I figured you were busy at work. Yep, we had a beautiful day today, but rain tomorrow. My body told me so......lol. I will take Tylenol and hope that will work for the night. The exercise has helped, but it did not get rid of FM....only lightened the pain. I am grateful.

Apples.....I made a Cherry Nut Cake for my ex DIL today. It was her birthday. She stopped by to tell me what the Fair ribbons said on them. If Jakob's cake had not fallen in the middle he would have gotten Grand Champion cake. It just lacked presentation. My fault......shouldn't have stuck a toothpick in it.

Phyl, yep, if DH stays home too many days this house is too small. He starts messing up my routine. I don't know what I will do when he retires.....probably get a part time job to get time away.

LauraK....Scotch eggs.......never tried one.....sounds good, but I would be afraid it would get stuck.

Well, my DD babygirl will be 34 tomorrow. I made her WW pumpkin cupcakes. 3pts. It was 15oz can of pumpkin and angel food cake mix with pumpkin spice. I tasted one and they were dislish.

Will check in tomorrow.......Goodnight All!!!

Good Evening Gang...

Kelly

You had me LOL ;0) Yep I am the food cop ;0) - Look like I scared away Chris on his donuts :0)

Sorry but I can't help it - I was very strict in the beginning - still am for the most part - it would be way to easy to slip back in to my old habits - this new lifetime lifestyle change takes a whole lot of work.. It's not easy - planing etc -

Just like yesterday when Phyl and I were out and about - at fast food places the choices are so hard - salad ya - but the load them w/cheese and then the dressing - that's where they get you and I don't like a lot of lite dressings -

Phyl had some Soup - I had 3/4 of an veggie egg roll..

Nothing wrong w/your stew as long as you don't eat too many potatoes ;0)..

Yes I am the queen of one pot wonders - diff meats (ground turkey - chicken - pork - beef) with veggies & tomatoe sauce and seasonings (onion garlic bell pepper jalepeno) I ate them for lunch my 1st yrs - I always saved my starch (rice potato pasta) to eat with dinner -

My doc recommended to get your Protein in during the 1st part of the day so that at night you could have room for the veggies & little bit of carbs..

You have done excellent w/your weight loss - so you are doing it the right way - it's working for you !!! So keep up the good work !!!

Linda - Glad to have you back - understand busy - life does get in the way sometimes... Eating outs that much is hard - I know it it for me - but you worked off those extra calories !! WTG

Never had a scoth egg - I'll let someone else make it for me - might taste good - but I don't know..

Yep Phyl - you need some me time to do what you want - I don't know how you guy co-exist in that MH - too tight of quarters for me ;0 - but again I guess that's why I'm single ;0)

I asked today if we are going to continue to have FF next yr.. My supervisors says she recommended that the cut them - I guess the bosses bitch about us being out so much - between pto & ff - we are - but that's not our fault - and since my supervisor is management - she doesn't have FF -I hope they keep them - but I like the extra time off ;0)

Apples hugs on another freaking funeral ...

Well sorry guys sorta drive by - it's 8:10 and I need to go eat..

Food today

BF - 1/2 chicken thigh

lunch - BBQ chicken thigh & salad

dinner - Fish - fresh green Beans & 1 small red potato (maybe- fish is pretty thick)

Snacks - WW fudgesicles & popcorn ;0)

Later chickies.

Morning!!!!

no Janet you didn't run me off. I fully expected the ass kicking and deserved it. I did go to both drs today. My shoulder doc is having me start PT soon. I am still restricted on my movement. I am at least out for another month. I go back to see him on the 9 of dec.

Also went to the lapband dr today. I got a clean bill of health from him. He also told me something interesting. I talked to him about my issue with the doughnut. He laughed, and said that the only way i am going to find out what works is to try. now before you say anything i know i screwed up. I have talked to my wife about cleaning up the food intake of everyone in the family. I dont buy things that are bad for me. I know i will eat things i shouldnt if they are around. I have my first fill on the 30th of this month. I cant wait to get through this next step in my new life.

I want to thank you Janet for the "tough love". We all need it now and then. I really appreciate you all and want to say thank you. HUGS

Chris

Chris - Sure glad I didn't run you off ;0) you have stuck around alot more than most newbies that join us - and you are part of the group now...

Yep cleaning up the food for the whole family is what it's all about - we gotta teach our kids new healthy eating habits.

food is our drug of choice - we can't have trigger food sitting around the house..

Yep that should surgery is a hard - I have a gf who just had it.. cant do crap.. Walk - you can do that - move - the turtle won the race not the hare ;0)

Well gang no much to report - had my dinner Snacks and went to bed - now up and gotta get ready for work..

Don't have gym tonite - changed to Thurs & Frid this week for my weight lifting..

It's cold this morning 43 degrees - so I guess today will be boot day and the new dress I got on Phyl's & mine shopping trip ;0)

Have a great day - Plan well - get out and move if you can - be thankful that you can move - Walk if you can - go to the gym if you can - and do something nice for someone today - Smile at a stranger - say hello - good morning - you never know what kind of day that other person is having - you just might make there day..

Hugs & Love to all - Janet

Awwwww, Chris, what a nice post. See, Janet, you do make a difference and help others. You cannot scare the tough ones off!

Good going, Chris, on getting things out of the house that you know will trigger impulsive choices....like the donuts. Sometimes things like that are just sitting there staring us in the eye and can be much stronger than we are at the moment. And, you don't want to be shoving things down in there that will cause you to PB and cause irritation. After a stick I need to really baby my band and have had to switch to liquids for a day or two.

Another positive....you talked to your doc about your slip-up. Good to be open about or shortcomings and deal with it and learning from it. My first stick was on a deviled egg. I ate it too fast and swore I would never eat another one. I thought they hated me. I just did not chew well enough cuz it tasted so darned good. Well, ate one very carefully a couple months later and now I eat them weekly.

Good Morning Everyone! Another nice day but expecting rain later. My guys are panicing cuz they have at least another month of work they want to get done if not more. Hoping it is just a sprinkle and does not slow them down for too long.

Baking day today. I had nine brown bananas so decided to make a low fat/low sugar banana bread for my (very young) neighbor guy who loves it and my FIL who is also diabetic. My own family cannot tell the diff so they eat it as well.

Arlene...your WW muffins sound really good. I don't have much fill but for some reason the consistency of muffins does not work well for me. Cake is the same. Sits in my throat. But, Cookies slide right down.

Phyll....I know the feeling you speak of. DH and I do not have a lot of time together from March thru the first of December and then December thru March it's 24/7. I set up a lot of GF things during that down time. coffee or lunch in town, a shopping day (even if it's 20 below zero just to get out of here). Love my DH dearly but worry if one of us doesn't make plans to do something, one of us wouldn't make it. LOL. Been married 31 yrs as of today and we actually mesh pretty good together but if he sits his A$$ down at my computer when he has one of his own up and going at the time, that's when I lose it.

Haven't done a topic or a tip for the day for awhile. Let's see.....something that will give some LB insight to our newbies....

OK...with the winter months upon us and there will be more hours of boredom and boredom leads to temptation, name the thing that helped you the most to pull yourself away from the kitchen, the food that's tempting you that you KNOW you shouldn't eat but it's calling your name.

I'll start....I would either go brush my teeth, chew some gum and if that didn't work, I would grab a SF Jello and put a dab of FF Cool Whip on it. I found that to take care of craving for quite awhile.

Better get after it...will junk up the thread later.

Apples,

I would go outside and walk around, get a drink of Water.

Happy Anniversary. Wow 31 years amazing.

Chris, good job on having the talk with your wife about cleaning out the house of junk. I really try not to have crap in my house that triggers me, my DS has his stuff.

Janet, the Scottish eggs were really easy to make and they were very good.

Linda, glad to see you post, I do see you on FB sometimes. We miss you and take care of yourself, don't work to hard.

Phyl, good job shopping with Janet. Yeah I think I would have to find things to do if I was in a MH with my DH or anyone for all those months. lol

LauraK

:thumbup::(:tt2::lol2::rose:;):wub::wink5:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY APPLES!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of memories, love and companionship! So happy for you both and wishing you many many more!

Phyl~ Hugs. Hang in there. Also, yes- sounds like your incident of GERD. I am thankful he was willing to work with me. It DID the ticket so far. Doubled my prilosec, taking carafate before bedtime, and no eating fat/large meals/or ANYTHING after 6pm for a while. Already feeling 100% better but I know the esophagus takes a while to heal completely.

Janet~ I just love you. Your words of wisdom always help me. Even when I don't follow it all, it helps the little voice in the back of my mind. : ) There was a cookie on a plate that Nels didn't eat... and I heard Janet, "Throw it away!! It's junk!" And i did. :smile:

Chris~ WTG on your appts. I am surprised your ortho didn't have you in PT sooner. Usually they want some passive mvt early to keep the mobility/decrease adhesions. Just follow the recommendations and you should do great! You seem like a compliant, motivated patient. : )

All this talk of baking.. hmmmm... Just can't do it. I have bananas too that need to be used but love it too much. The public school system here is so strict with food. Cannot bring ANYTHING to class that is not SEALED from the grocery store/bakery. Must have a safety seal. Last few years I always baked stuff for Nelson's class. Even the nursing homes, orphanage, assisted living, etc. all have the same policies. So sad. Almost everyone I know is eating healthy too. Maybe can make something and bring it tomorrow to work. : )

ok guys, have a hair appt to look younger. :wink: Might take a before/after. B/c today I look like something the cat brought in..LOL.

My son was just a joy this morning. I was in a bad mood (spilled a cup of coffee, cat missed the litter box, other one PBd, didn't sleep well, have a lot to do, lots on my mind, etc.) And he came over to me and sang a song from Kindergarten.... "A fish is an animal that swims in a brook

He can't write his name or read a book

To fool the people is his only thought

And though he's slippery

He still gets caught!

If that's all life is what you wish

You may grow up to be a fish"

It completely brought me out of my morning funk and made me laugh out loud. Children have this innate ability to bring joy into the world. I love my son.

Off to see the wizard..... peasout..Laura

A walk back in time.........

I always get the wedding album out and put it on the table so when eating our anniversary dinner we can say "Oh yeah, I remember when I had hair" and "Oh yeah, I remember when I did not have to deal with gravitiy".

While digging through the album, I came across a photo of me in my last year of college. Just threw that one in.

Well I am getting to that age..............

Nope you do look just as skinny and beautiful.

Cute boys too.

Laurak

Oh Laura...such a cute song. That would bring any mom out of a funk. My youngest was always just a smiley/cheeky little boy. When we ate dinner and we someone was in a bad mood, he would start singing his "Diarreah Bees" song. It would make us laugh every time. It was a song he learned on the bus (along with the "F" word) when he was in kindergarten). Can't remember all the words but the moral was that things can be tougher when you have the Diarreah Bees.

What cute photos of Nels. Did you spit shine that little face this morning????