Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Goodness, this is a quiet place today, I guess we know who our chatter is with Apples gone the board is quiet! LOL (just joking Apples). I can't wait to see you!

Jewel, enjoy your dinner tonight. Relax, stress isn't good for your band, it tightens many people up. Just focus focus and focus on your bite size and chewing. Usually what will get me into trouble is not paying attention to bite size and chewing when I am nervous and talking to others. I love to go out to eat and have gone out to eat since right after surgery as soon as I got mushies I went out for refried Beans. LOL

Linda, I so wish you were coming too. I was hoping and hoping that they'd let you off work. I relate a lot to you and couldn't wait to meet you in person.

Janet, sorry you have to go to a funeral. I think when I checked out the prices to have Nick do my hair you could pay less for him to suggest it as well and have someone else cut and style it as well. I always thought when I hit goal it's something I'd want to do, well here I am and never did. I also said I would go to New York City on a shopping spree. Guess I am doing enough shopping around here. LOL But I plan on doing some damage to the credit card in FL! I can't wait to see a Loft outlet, we don't have that one here. I wonder if we took our expired coach coupons to coach in mass and the saw how much business they just might do if they honored them if they would. LOL Can't wait to meet you face to face!

Wonder where Apples is?

Good afternoon!

Yeah, we're going to miss Apples while she's offline!

Safe travels, Apples, and to the rest of you as you make your way to FL in a few weeks. Wish I was coming, too!

Went to a Tea yesterday.. ground rules were you had to wear a hat and bring canned goods/non-perishables for one of the local food banks. So... here's a couple of pictures!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! HAHAHA!

LITE whipped cream... staged photo for the amusement of my friends! Especially my LBT friends! Well, and maybe just a little bit to rattle Janet's cage! LOL!

Apples is on vacation to visit her son. Thanks for the advice Linda and Great. Thank you so much for the compliments. I guess I needed a booster shot of self esteem today.

Pyhllser, you are funny. I am glad you have friends to have good times with.

Apples is on vacation to visit her son. Thanks for the advice Linda and Great. Thank you so much for the compliments. I guess I needed a booster shot of self esteem today.

I know that, I just meant I wonder where on her drive she is. Hopefully it's getting warmer and warmer for her as she gets further and further south.

Hey there, just got home from doc appts.... GP re-filled all my medications and took some blood. It hasn't been checked for quite some time.. BP was excellent.... She had a coniption when she heard ins denied me again... Now she is going to write a nosty letter she says.... Don't know what good it will do, but oh well, she can try... Then I did get a fill..... .4 cc's moves me to 8.8 in my 14 cc band.... Hoping this will do the trick I've been waiting for this whole time.. Both docs told me how good I look and thought I must have lost lots of weight... Only 3 pounds since I was in the last part of November.... That's not much.. But others have commented lately, too... Maybe it's because I'm walking straighter now, not so hunched from the surgeries as I have been for so long... Don't know, but I guess I'm looking better even if it isn't in pounds...

Phyll, love the pictures.... I don't own a hat, would have to borrow one.....

Jewel, way to go on the A........ and you'll be fine at the dinner.. just like someone else said... be yourself..and answer appropriate questions if you want to.. If you are uncomfortable just blow it off or change the subject..... You'll do great.... Congrats...

Janet, I agree, funerals are no fun.... but respect is a good thing.... for you and the family..... I want to be respected by my peers when I die.... So, I try to go to funerals when I can.. Did all of the office go???

Lori, you are a shopper..... I think you have this Ann Taylor thing in your blood now... I hope your coupons work....

When I got home DH said someone called to change all the numbers on my flight and he missed some as he hears so poorly... Now I fly Delta because they merged.... It was a automated call and there was evidentally now repeating... So, now I have to try to find out what's going on... He missed the confirmation number.......:smile2: Hope that isn't a problem......

Well, I better take advantage of Mimi napping to get a few things done.. Talk to you all later...

Oh, remind me.... I know Apples posted this at some point, but do we have to bring anything to this condo that we wouldn't normally bring to a motel..... food, I know and drinks..... But what about towels and ect..???

Thanks.... Julie

Julie, your confirmation number wouldn't have changed, it will be the same as when you booked the reservation so just use that one when you call or go online to look at your changes. You should be able to go to Delta's website and put in your original confirmation number and see your updated reservation. airlines tweak times and flight numbers a lot, the changes should be minor, but you never know so be sure to check it out. As for bringing towels etc. I would think not. Usually when you rent one everything like that is included.

Now I don't have a shopping problem! LOL Just am having fun updating my wardrobe and buying smaller sizes. And I do have about $100 left on a Ann taylor gift card I got for Christmas that I am saving for FL.

Lori, I was able to figure it out and got the new confirmation number.... I have never done this online printing of boarding passes and such... All new to me... It's been a three years or so since I was on a plane.... Have to figure out the "rules", too.... The liquids and aeresols have me confused... Can I bring hairspray if it is a 3.4 ounce size??? How about perfurme.??? I read it but just confuses me....

And I was kidding about the shopping... Whem I'm down to goal like you are I'm sure I will get as much joy as you do from it....

I am having a good day today. I got a 94 A on my anatomy and physiology 2 exam. Yeah! And My hubby said he is getting a BIG raise at work. His boss and the owner of the company want to go out to dinner tonite. I am so nervous. I have a million what if's running through my head. Worse, What if I eat too fast or too much and get sick? His boss knows I had the surgery, what if he starts asking questions about it? He is soo curious about it. He has asked my hubby a ton of questions about it. I am embarrassed that I let myself get so big. Thats why I don't like to talk about it much. Anyway, all these worries and I know it is just social anxiety. I just have to remind myself that I have done things that are much harder than going out to dinner.

Janet, Something you said about when you eat out. You bring home the leftovers. I was told that the band didn't like reheated food. I take it yours does ok with it?

Plus, just a little ettiquet question. Is it impolite to bring home a doggie bag from a dinner that is this important, expecially if they are buying. I don't want to come across as cheap but jeez they know how much he gets paid. Don't want to be tacky.

Anyway my excitement over everything is feeding my nerves. I think I'll go take a bath. While there is hot Water. Precious commodity in this house.

Jewel - I'm late and you are at dinner - but it's not tacky at all to ask for a doggie bag - I have been to high class restaurants and my Stepmom always got a doggie bag - This was prebad for me and I usually always ate all my food

Reheating isn't a problem - i had never heard that - you just can't have tough meat that's about it

Jessica, I eat reheated food all the time -- I cook and have leftovers and no problem -- I bring home food from restaurants no problem -- Just make sure you don't dry it out -- that is probably why they warn you about that I would think. But I know Janet cooks one pot wonders and has them over several days -- I do too. And in my opinion, taking home a doggy bag doesn't make you look cheap -- it makes you look like you don't like to waste food - I don't think it matters who is buying -- at least in my opinion. I bring home food all the time. As far as talking about the band, don't be embarassed if it comes up - especially if you know your dh's boss is so interested in it -- I think Biggest Loser has helped dispel a lot of what people think of overweight people -- I don't think anyone worth their snot is going to judge someone (you) just because you are overweight - you are a lovely, smart intelligent girl with a bright future and that's going to shine through anything else. You dress us and go strut yourself and have a good time -- they are going to love you just the way you are -- don't worry.

Janet, we are twins, I do wish I could come to Florida -- I am really crying over not being able to shop too. I've never bought a Coach purse either - I'm usually too cheap -- I do have some cute purses that i designed at a purse party -- they weren't cheap either but I've never even been to a Coach store.

Gotta run, am at work. CBL. Got up and did 1 hours of exercise. DGD spent the night -- all is okay hopefully her mom will get out of hospital today. I need a restful night -- I'm tired.

Apples, I miss you already.

Linda

Well Linda you better carve out a least 4 days for next yr - I wish you were coming too... My 1st Coach was my reward to myself when the lucky #7 went to the Mall of America 7/09 - I had never spent that much on a purse - but now go to the outlets - prices are better - but you don't get the new's bags - they have a new one out I love and the prices isn't too bad

I have never wanted a fake one - and you can get them but pple do know the diff between them usually - on Coach the c's always match.. I do have a fake louie vitton though ;0) its a going out at night purse - I think the strap gives it away but hell it's dark

Goodness, this is a quiet place today, I guess we know who our chatter is with Apples gone the board is quiet! LOL (just joking Apples). I can't wait to see you!

Jewel, enjoy your dinner tonight. Relax, stress isn't good for your band, it tightens many people up. Just focus focus and focus on your bite size and chewing. Usually what will get me into trouble is not paying attention to bite size and chewing when I am nervous and talking to others. I love to go out to eat and have gone out to eat since right after surgery as soon as I got mushies I went out for refried Beans. LOL

Linda, I so wish you were coming too. I was hoping and hoping that they'd let you off work. I relate a lot to you and couldn't wait to meet you in person.

Janet, sorry you have to go to a funeral. I think when I checked out the prices to have Nick do my hair you could pay less for him to suggest it as well and have someone else cut and style it as well. I always thought when I hit goal it's something I'd want to do, well here I am and never did. I also said I would go to New York City on a shopping spree. Guess I am doing enough shopping around here. LOL But I plan on doing some damage to the credit card in FL! I can't wait to see a Loft outlet, we don't have that one here. I wonder if we took our expired coach coupons to coach in mass and the saw how much business they just might do if they honored them if they would. LOL Can't wait to meet you face to face!

Wonder where Apples is?

Great we have a loft outlet - I can't say the prices were really much cheaper than the regular loft - I don't think the regular loft is expensive - but I have only shopped their 2 times - we have one on El Paseo (Rodeo Dr of the Desert) I am still itimidated to shop on that street - mostly cuz of the prices but like I said the Loft at MofA & Las Vegas were reg prices..

That premier outlet looks FANTASTIC - that's looks like an all day shopping experience - it's giantic - and it depends if I get that shopping rush - you all might have to drag me away :0)

They might - I got mine too - it's worth a try it can't hurt :0)

Good afternoon!

Yeah, we're going to miss Apples while she's offline!

Safe travels, Apples, and to the rest of you as you make your way to FL in a few weeks. Wish I was coming, too!

Went to a Tea yesterday.. ground rules were you had to wear a hat and bring canned goods/non-perishables for one of the local food banks. So... here's a couple of pictures!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! HAHAHA!

LITE whipped cream... staged photo for the amusement of my friends! Especially my LBT friends! Well, and maybe just a little bit to rattle Janet's cage! LOL!

HA HA HA --- :smile2::tongue::tt2::w00t::tt2::tt2::tt2:

Hey there, just got home from doc appts.... GP re-filled all my medications and took some blood. It hasn't been checked for quite some time.. BP was excellent.... She had a coniption when she heard ins denied me again... Now she is going to write a nosty letter she says.... Don't know what good it will do, but oh well, she can try... Then I did get a fill..... .4 cc's moves me to 8.8 in my 14 cc band.... Hoping this will do the trick I've been waiting for this whole time.. Both docs told me how good I look and thought I must have lost lots of weight... Only 3 pounds since I was in the last part of November.... That's not much.. But others have commented lately, too... Maybe it's because I'm walking straighter now, not so hunched from the surgeries as I have been for so long... Don't know, but I guess I'm looking better even if it isn't in pounds...

Phyll, love the pictures.... I don't own a hat, would have to borrow one.....

Jewel, way to go on the A........ and you'll be fine at the dinner.. just like someone else said... be yourself..and answer appropriate questions if you want to.. If you are uncomfortable just blow it off or change the subject..... You'll do great.... Congrats...

Janet, I agree, funerals are no fun.... but respect is a good thing.... for you and the family..... I want to be respected by my peers when I die.... So, I try to go to funerals when I can.. Did all of the office go???

Lori, you are a shopper..... I think you have this Ann Taylor thing in your blood now... I hope your coupons work....

When I got home DH said someone called to change all the numbers on my flight and he missed some as he hears so poorly... Now I fly Delta because they merged.... It was a automated call and there was evidentally now repeating... So, now I have to try to find out what's going on... He missed the confirmation number.......:tongue: Hope that isn't a problem......

Well, I better take advantage of Mimi napping to get a few things done.. Talk to you all later...

Oh, remind me.... I know Apples posted this at some point, but do we have to bring anything to this condo that we wouldn't normally bring to a motel..... food, I know and drinks..... But what about towels and ect..???

Thanks.... Julie

Lori, I was able to figure it out and got the new confirmation number.... I have never done this online printing of boarding passes and such... All new to me... It's been a three years or so since I was on a plane.... Have to figure out the "rules", too.... The liquids and aeresols have me confused... Can I bring hairspray if it is a 3.4 ounce size??? How about perfurme.??? I read it but just confuses me....

And I was kidding about the shopping... Whem I'm down to goal like you are I'm sure I will get as much joy as you do from it....

Julie 3 lbs since Nov is great ! - 2 oz is the amount of liquid you can carry on - but if you aren't carrying on you can take any amount ... and you have to but it (if you are carry on) in a 1 quart size zip lock

ok i gotta jam - it's time to leave forthe gym - sorry this is short - I was trying to answer stuff before I left

cbl

Hi, I was wondering if you guys had room for one more person. I have been reading this thread for a while and I really like all the advice and friendship that is passed around. I was banded in July 2009 and seem to struggle along daily with losing weight. I have lost 55lbs since then but fell off the wagon around Christmas time. I seem to be back on but its one day at a time. I am single, 45yrs, no kids (unless you count 1 dog and 3 cats). I'm a veterianarian who works almost exclusivley on horses. I live in Ohio and really am not enjoying the cold weather. Thanks for letting me join in.

Hi, I was wondering if you guys had room for one more person. I have been reading this thread for a while and I really like all the advice and friendship that is passed around. I was banded in July 2009 and seem to struggle along daily with losing weight. I have lost 55lbs since then but fell off the wagon around Christmas time. I seem to be back on but its one day at a time. I am single, 45yrs, no kids (unless you count 1 dog and 3 cats). I'm a veterianarian who works almost exclusivley on horses. I live in Ohio and really am not enjoying the cold weather. Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome.......jump on the bandwagon with us. I was banded in July 08. I am a slow loser, but I will win this race. Janet started this thread. She is good at keeping us on track. So, ask away!

Good evening~

Wow, it is really really REALLY quiet without Apples! Lori, that had me laughing, "wonder where Apples is..." That reminds me once I asked my mom to go check and see what chat room my niece was in (I wanted her to peek over her shoulder while she was in the office on the computer). She went to the back of the house, came back to the kitchen and whispered... "she's in the office on the computer". Thanks Mom. : )

I am sooo made at myself about food today. ugghhh. Went with DH to this great Mexican place for lunch. Plan was to have a few chips/salsa and order the chicken vegetable Soup. (It's very hearty and has Beans and bits of chorizo in it). The guy said it came with the lunch specials now~ so I ordered a lunch too. I figured I could have some of the refried Beans. Well I ate the spinach and cheese enchilada and the inside of a taco and the guacamole and sour cream, 1/2 of the beans and none of the rice. Still, my estimation would be 1200-1500 calories? I have no idea for sure. I haven't eaten anything that fattening since surgery! I had a 100 cal muscle milk for Breakfast too. And so tonight I decided to have a microwaved apple (with splenda and cinnamon) and a 20 gm Protein bar. 225 cal.

After lunch I went to get a pedicure. I was hoping to wait to closer to Orlando trip, but I broke my big toenail on something and had to get it done early.

Janet~hugs on the funeral.

Julie~ WTG on BP being good! I hope your dr has some luck with your insurance company. So frustrating. And wtg on the 3 lbs, that's 3 gone forever!

JeweI~ Congrats on your A&P grade and hubby's promo!

Linda~ we wish you (and everyone) could come! We will miss you.

I am behind on folding laundry (from when I was sick). I was washing and drying and then hung them over the dining room chairs so they wouldn't get wrinkled. I HATE getting behind.

I am having Nelson's birthday party a month from today! I cannot believe how it sneaked up on me. We are having a BYOB (bike) to our neighborhood marina. We did the same party last year, but it was such a hit- he wants the same one! Really all the kids want to do is BE TOGETHER. They all bring their wheels and have a ball. I ordered pizza and had Snacks, cheese tray and fruit and veggie tray. The only expense was a bounce house and port a potty rental. There aren't any bathrooms there and I couldn't have 23 five year olds and their parents go in the woods! (we served beer and wine..LOL)

Time to hit my laundry... CBL... peasout.. Laura

Julie, you can put whatever liquids you want in your checked bag. In your carry on, you are allowed 3.4 oz containers per liquid and all your liquids have to fit in a one quart ziploc bag. When you get to security you need to remove this bag and have it out to show TSA at the checkpoint. It's not just liquids it is also gels, lotions, cremes, etc.

Not to worry, sounds like you are going to be amongst some pro shoppers down in FL so we can convert you. LOL

Welcome, LSE!! I always wanted to be a veterianarian when I was growing up. Good job getting back on that wagon!

Third cold in two months. I did cut back on my Vitamins to one a day but I think I need twice a day again. I'm sick of Nyquil. It's just about the only thing that stops the cough that comes from drainage as well as drying me up. Still, hard to stop coughing when I start teaching. Making me crabby. Been cracking down on the kids really hard. Not that they don't need it. LOL. Testing is already first week of March. I wish my kids were farther along academically, but there's a reason they're seeing me in the first place.

Food's been off. This cold is really kicking my butt psychologically. Craving carbs. Craving sunshine. Craving uninterrupted sleep. (coughing waking me up). Exercising feels like a drag--combination of Nyquil and cold.

Not that sick, its just the constant coughing and drainage causing the coughing and having to control it with meds.

Misery me, lac-a-day-dee. (phrase from song learned sometime in the distant past--have no recollection of the rest of it)

I hate election years. Promises, accusations, falsehoods, twisted facts, vicious attacks. Doesn't matter which party, each wants to win at any cost. Usually the people lose.

Why does it take an unbelievable tragedy to make people take the wreck that is Haiti seriously? Why does it take the possible closing of Roseland Christian School before people acknowledge what an impact it makes? We are a ray of hope, a bringer of educational justice in a benighted area of the USA. This community has one of the top three murder rates in the city of Chicago.

Rant for the night.

Cheri

Quick post...Ag Talk is on hold for DH.

Chatterbox?????????????????????????/

All those posts are made cuz the dog does not talk.

Ok...made it to Bloomington, ILL. First 6 hours of our trip was fine. The last 2 hours were on ice. I think my band was somewhere around my uvula.

23 degrees here. Have a warm bath ready to get in. Dog was a trooper.

Talk to you from Atlanta. I feel like I have a number of guardian angels in you guys with all the well wishes. Love ya and visit with you on Friday.