Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Ok you guys are starting to scare me............ I can't shop all day... I have just started back to my walking tape and can do 1/2 mile before I must sit.... and I'm not much of a shopper AND...............I still need bigger sizes..... How in the world am I gonna keep up with all you skinny girls?????????????? I've never heard of Ann Taylor and etc.... except from you all on hear... It's just a clothing store??? Yup, I see me staying home or sitting in the car a lot......

I had my PT..... they are treating my neck... they did a very intense history and then stretched my neck and gave me some exercises to do at home.... We may have hit on the problem.... an after effect of all my surgeries... I have been walking hunched over so long recovering from the huge incisions that it may have put undue stress on my neck.. So we are working on stretching those muscles... I hope this works.. We'll see I guess.... tomorrow I have my GP to check on all my medications.... anti-depressants and sleeping pills... and a fill maybe... I'm not sure if I need one but will talk about it and let her help me decide...

Mimi's feet are pigeon-toed... When little she didn't crawl the regular way much, but scooted around on one knee sort of like a litte monkey... was so cute but we noticed her toes starting to turn in especially on one foot then... Recently she has been complaining of her feet very often, saying I hurt..... So, we will get them checked... As for why the ENT....it's complicated... from birth she was called a "tongue sucker"... DD had a terrible time trying to nurse and fianlly quit, but baby still didn't suck well and her little tongue was always out... Finally the gave her some PT to teach DD how to pinch her cheeks together when sucking her bottle and it was better from then on... As she has gotten old the tongue thing has been less... Docs said it was nothing to worry about.... Since DD started working at this daycare she has notice that Mimi doesn't talk as clearly or as well as some of the other kids her age.. Of course I've just said to quit comparing her to others... She seems okay to me... She talks quite plainly, and puts words together into sentences... But still has a lot of jabber, too.... It will be a string of jabber followed by a couple words we understand so it isn't any problem for us... Well, do asked if a stranger would understand her 75% of the time.. Had to say no........ Doc looked and said she thought maybe there was a bit of an indentation in the roof of her mouth and unfortunatley mentioned soft palate.... DD heard cleft palate and freaked out... That wasn't what she said, but no luck changin her mind... AND she has had ear infection recently that just won't go away... and she with the colds she has had she has so much mucus and when she starts coughing she will wake up and then throw up all this slime (almost like a PB thing)... then retches till she throws up the contents of her stomach... another mother told DD that her child had this and it was the tonsils and ahnoids (SP) needing to come out... Doc said they were fine.... So, anyway they want her to see ENT about the palate thing and the speach.... DD is a mess about it and now wants to make sperm donor pay for all the expenses.... God, I don't want him back in our lives... What a nightmare he is..... Don't know what will happen....... So, there is my book about Mimi.....

Jodi, loved the cake story... Poor girls to be so disappointed...

Lori, hopefully you will sleep well tonight...

Linda, I think you need to put it out of your mind a bit... you are so anxious that it is getting to you... Just relax... You are doing all the right things...

Jessica, those puppies must be so fun for your daughter.. But I sure can see how you don't need that on your plate right now... The jewelry sounds like something you really enjoyed... glad you still dabble occassionally...

Eva, was that bobcat that close to YOUR house?? OMG!!!!! would scare me to death and I wouldn't be taking any pictures......

Apples, love the stunt you pulled on DH.... did he forgive you for it yet???? So, what time are you leaving in the morning???? Safe journey... We'll be seeing you soon...

Time to get DH some supper.. he's just getting leftover roast beef tonight.. But he likes that kind of thing.. He's an easy keeper.... I need to get organized from my trip... Kitchen is still a mess, but Mimi went home before I started here... She wouldn't nap for me today.. Now she'll go to sleep and her mother will have to fight to get her to bed.... TTYL.............. Julie

Apples, I would jump that plane in a heart beat. Tired of the cold, tired of work, need a change of pace. Now if I could only win the Mega Millions tonight I would pay for everyone to be there. Everyone cross their fingers for my numbers to come up.

DS is is an easy target also. Just love a good joke. We are always doing stuff to each other at work. We have a truce right now, I'll have to think up somethinge it's getting to boring.

I can sure tell I have restriction now, can only eat 3/4 c for dinner. I seem to be opposite of most I feel tighter at night. Guess I'm weird, no I know I'm weird. lol

Be safe tomorrow in you travels, I want to be able to meet you all on the next trip.

Laura K

Thanks for the well-wishes. Hey...I think any Bandster would love to be tighter at night. Lucky you!

Finger and toes crossed for your Mega-Millions, LauraK:thumbup:

Julie..I don't think the shopping will be an all day thing. Just a few hours. That's why I had Great check it out ahead of time so we know which mall to go to with the best stores. We don't want to wast a lot of time shopping when we can all be visiting! And, if you do go with us on the little shopping trip, there are benches, coffee shops, etc.

You asked when we leave... tomorrow early. DH wants to get to Rockford, ILL by tomorrow night. I am thinking we won't leave here till 7am. If it were up to me (and it should be lol) I would leave at 5am. We have everything in the truck except for items that would freeze. I have 1/4 beef, 3 porkloins, a ham, etc for DS...no worries about that staying frozen with the temps we had the last few days. Talked with DS a couple of days ago to let him know his corn fed beef is on the way. Pretty sure I heard him fire up the grill.

OK...don't know if I will get time in the morning so will talk to you girls in a few days from Atlanta. Sending love and will see some of you in a couple of weeks. I am just going to enjoy this time with DH and dog...lots of reading, walking, visiting, campfires, grilling, etc. Just to be able to walk out the door without freezing the ta-tas off. Take care

Julie, don't worry about all the shopping, there's something there for everyone. There was Lane Bryant outlets too if you need those sizes and there is a food court we could use as our central meeting spot. We could go our seperate ways to go to stores we want to and sit and rest there if needed. I have 2 new knees so I might be on that bench with you. We shall see. No need to walk more than you can. There's something for everyone.

Thanks for the well-wishes. Hey...I think any Bandster would love to be tighter at night. Lucky you!

Finger and toes crossed for your Mega-Millions, LauraK:thumbup:

Apples, I hope you have a safe trip!.......and lots of sunshine!

I am still in Lane Bryant sizes too so we may be shopping buddies.

Apples one of our puppies is a chocolate Lab. Just to let you know.

I am still in Lane Bryant sizes too so we may be shopping buddies.

Apples one of our puppies is a chocolate Lab. Just to let you know.

(Plugging ears) La la la la la la la la la la :thumbup:

(Plugging ears) La la la la la la la la la la :thumbup:

Ahh come on Apples you know you want one. Their so sweet when they are little and when they get big. Big brown puppy eyes.......... I hear them calling momma come get me.:thumbup:

Ahh come on Apples you know you want one. Their so sweet when they are little and when they get big. Big brown puppy eyes.......... I hear them calling momma come get me.:thumbup:

Again...la la la la la la la la la la:biggrin::thumbup:

Omg you all crack me up !!!

Apples so you are a practical joker :0) Ya I can see that

Hell if I have another dog - you can too ;0) Give you someone else to talk to when you are on the farm all by yourself ;0)

Have a safe trip - we are going to miss you !!!!

Julie - Brooke my 5 yr old GD - has to go to speech therapy she doesn't enunciate her f's S's and some other letters.. My DB Micheal was pigon toed - I remember braces on his feet at nite when he was a baby..

Yes it could be your neck - hopefully this pt works out

Great - yes you get a scholarship - I like the 2nd one better more stores - I haven't gotten a coach discount lately - wouldn't that be cool if one came out in time for our trip :thumbup:

I love chico's and I saw some other stores I love too..

Hope you get some sleep tonite and take it easy on that knee - don't push it too much..

Laurak - I am tight at nite - really my restriction doesnt change much period - stress is the only thing that really tightens me up and exercise will too.. 3/4 of a cup is good I am about the same too 3/4 to 1 c max - it's taking some time to get use to - mostly still have the issue of being full but still having the desire to eat more - but I am too tight to eat more - so I guess that's the band working

Linda - We are twins aren't we - we eat alike too :0)

Well back from gym - did 5 miles on the elliptical tonite - figured I needed to mix up my cardio some - I always do the treadmill -

food has been really good - I have already lost 1.5 since last Thrusday...

I drank all my Water today !!! Food has been good - only planed food - 820 cal 80 grms pt -

Well gotta go eat - one thing I can say is that I can eat earlier cuz I am staying full a lot longer and can't eat more food after dinner like I could before..

CBL

Linda, I'm sorry you're struggling. You've done this your way and been very successful. I'm going to just say that when I'm stuck I eliminate almost all carbs, including fruit and popcorn, and up my Protein and I start losing again.

Laura, Hope your Murphy's law streak is done. Thinking about your dad, too.

Julie, I think your therapists are on the right track. When I hang upside down it stretches out the neck muscles as well as relieving pressure on the discs.

Also, the younger Mimi is the better when it comes to treating her various issues. I'm glad they're taking everything seriously. I hope DD stays the he!! away from baby's daddy. It's not worth the risk. She should be able to get govt. aid of some kind with her financial situation and her daughter's group of problems. Both may qualify for disability and medical coverage. Let Big Daddy be the daddy.

I hope I'm not confusing her with someone else's daughter--she's the one whose ex beat her? She has physical problems? We've got some similar stories running through this thread, so please don't be offended if I'm mixing things up.

I'm also with you on the shopping. Physically I can handle it now but psychologically I can only handle a limited amount. I get bored watching other people shop. I refuse to spend much money myself because I don't want to go into debt. If I were able to go I'd rather do Epcot Center cause I've never been to it. When I was heavier and before my knee replacements I had the best time going through the Art Institute in a wheelchair.

I'd be looking for art shops and street fairs and cool museums. Looking for benches to sit or outdoor cafes to have a cup of water.I can't stand laying out in the sun, but I would be in the Water (if its warm enough) with a hat on and sunglasses if treading water and dogpaddling and sunscreen on all exposed surfaces. If doing laps I'd have on goggles and I'd swim forever.

Intensely jealous of those of you going.

Interesting stuff on the Beck solution. I'm a a little concerned about this woman only ever needing to lose 15 lbs. herself. She knows her cognitive theory since her father invented it, but does she have the inside understanding of the disease? As always, I'll take the 12-step advice to take what I like and works for me and leave the rest. But I'm a bit of a cynic. And everything sounds a bit rigid and that has never worked for me.

I do have my own forms of self-talk and affirmations. Somedays they win and sometimes the disease wins, but overall, with God's help, I do believe I am over-riding old messages and rewiring my brain. Change your thoughts, change your brain, change your life.

I work on thinking about whatever is good, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely. Phillipians 4:8. Humor is one of the things that's good. So are children. That's why I post about grandchildren and students. They frequently combine the lovely, the pure, the not-so-pure but humorous. That's why I hang out with my grandchildren.

That's why I love art. That's why I garden. That's why I prefer to walk outdoors along the edges of the forest preserve and down those blocks with cool-looking architecture and nice old-fashioned landscaping.

That's why I go to church and stay involved in the music ministry. It absolutely fills my being with gratitude and joy. For me, gratitude and joy are huge keys to controlling my disease.

I also practice being content whatever my circumstances, so that those circumstances don't drive me back into the food or other self-defeating behaviors. I know that I can get through positive and negative circmstances through Christ who strengthens me.

That doesn't mean I don't try to improve those circumstances, but it does mean that I don't obsess over them.

The other thing I'm working on is balance in my life. Balance between work and play, home life and church life, enjoying food without pigging out on it, staying at a healthy weight and fitness level without getting sucked into rigidity or back into the food.

I try to see life clearly, without blinders, and accept it for what it is. I look at what I can change and work to change it. I look at how I can contribute within my sphere of influence, to improving the lives of others. I am becoming the person God created me to be, not always successfully, but I look at my progress and try for attainable goals and I keep taking baby steps to reach them.

So, that's my epistle of Cheri to the lapbandsters of I'm Here to Help.

The Lord bless and keep you all.

Cheri

Evening ladies...

Linda...if you truly were a chicken, you'd have something to worry about with that bobcat...but since you are merely human, I don't think you'd have any problem. My two hours of exercise before work. You are one dedicated person. Try bumping up your calories for one day....maybe by 200 or so calories....just one day...and see if that helps. When I'm really in a good losing mode, if I have one day of higher calories, it seems to trigger something and I lose right after that. It logically doesn't make sense...calories in calories out, but it worked.

Great & Apples...all this talk of shopping...all I want is kitchen stores and maybe linens....sick isn't it? Haven't reached a place where I need new clothes yet. I'll be keeping Julie company for some of it. I do like to look though. I think I'd be more thrilled with clothes shopping if I like the styles, but I really don't care for a great deal of the styles or fabric. I'm just an old fashioned girl...jeans and t-shirts....oh and a nice blouse now and then. Did I mention sandals? I do like those.

Julie, never fear, there are lounge chairs by the pool and other stuff to do. Oh and I just read that there might be stores we like. Yes the bobcat was that close....we've had 2 in the yard at the same time....one walked across my front porch. They just have no respect for people's houses.

LauraK....come on I like it when you encourage Apples....I think she needs a puppy too. Hope you have that winning ticket.

Jessica....so many puppies...so much doggie doooo. My black lab is really showing her age, but I don't want another puppy until I retire and can spend time with one. We are gone from the house for 9-12 hours a day, so it's not fair to the dog. Glimmer is used to it but I don't want to subject another dog to that now. Nice jewelry....if you enjoy beading and jewelry made with stones, you should check out the Tucson Gem and Mineral show....thousands of beads, stones, findings, etc...all over town.

Well I had my first PB today and it isn't anything I care to do again. First off I got sort of stuck with my toast this morning...didn't PB but I sort of wanted to and I have never seen so much slime. Had to avail myself of the rest room at work. Well that passed and I finally ate my Breakfast (scrambled egg) at about 10:30...that went down fine. So about 1pm I started with lunch...salmon and didn't even get through 2 1/2 ozs...stopped eating and waited. It seemed like it was going to slide down there but it didn't. I finally went for a walk and started sliming again. I was going to Best Buy and had to duck in the rest room again and this time the salmon made an unpleasant appearance. Okay... now I'm getting it...6 months later. I ended up drinking my Protein and ate salad (chopped romaine) for lunch. We went out for dinner and all was fine...ate slowly and chewed well. This was such an unpleasant experience, I don't really want to do that again. I didn't think a body could produce that much saliva...geeze.

Okay I had pizza for dinner...we tried a new restaurant and the pizza was one of the best I've ever had. I ate 1 piece....I never eat 1 piece. This was a small pizza and normally I would eat 2-3 pieces. Yep, the fill is working. And even with the pizza, my calories are at 1000.

I also did my aeropilates today and walked. I also got into a fight with my boss....I could have slimed on him...it was during that time. Boy would he have been surprised.

I'm going to check out the "mall" sites. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Apples, have a safe and fun trip to Florida.

Eva

Oh my, the Orlando Prime Outlet has something for everyone.....Julie, you'll like Dress Barn for Women...they have some really cool stuff. Yes, I want to go shopping.