Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura...love going to Cracker Barrel for their little country store...love their baby things and ususally pick up baby shower gifts and used to pick up unique salt and pepper shakers for "mom".

I have no qualms either way on the restaurant...whether we do reservations or where we go. I will leave that up to you guys. I will go or do anything.

Hey........ I said "almost" nothing... I had my nightie on..... I'm not one for walking around naked.... DH might like it but I would NOT!!!!!

Phyll, I was routing for the Jets, but not a good outcome there... Don't care about this next one... We don't watch sports on TV either, but DH's friend is a Vikings nut so we have been checking in to watch the score....

Apples, did you change your mind about leaving tomorrow or just packing the truck early...??

Going out to eat one night sounds fine... Emerl's sounds interesting... I love to watch him on TV.... I like Cracker Barrel, too, but DH doesn't so don't get there often..... Anywhere is fine, just don't want to have to "dress" up too much.... I'm not into fancy....

Talk to you later.... Julie

I vote for the Moonfish place, sounds unique and different.

did I miss a post or is Julie sitting around today in nothing but her birthday suit? LOL

Well DD & Fiance are out at Starbucks 'talking'. Things seemed tense when he was here, but on the other hand she is working on wedding stuff, so not sure what to think.

Hey........ I said "almost" nothing... I had my nightie on..... I'm not one for walking around naked.... DH might like it but I would NOT!!!!!

Phyll, I was routing for the Jets, but not a good outcome there... Don't care about this next one... We don't watch sports on TV either, but DH's friend is a Vikings nut so we have been checking in to watch the score....

Apples, did you change your mind about leaving tomorrow or just packing the truck early...??

Going out to eat one night sounds fine... Emerl's sounds interesting... I love to watch him on TV.... I like Cracker Barrel, too, but DH doesn't so don't get there often..... Anywhere is fine, just don't want to have to "dress" up too much.... I'm not into fancy....

Talk to you later.... Julie

Julie...we are still leaving early on Wed morning. Just needed to do some "creative packing" today to be sure everything fit. Just packed the things that we did not have to worry about freezing. After we leave Atlanta, our load will be less. Gotta spoil that boy of mine!

And...we are taking luggage with us for our friends that are going to be visiting us at our cabin. Long story but our friend had some shoulder surgery and no way could tug at a suitcase while traveling. So...we are actually packing for more ppl than just DH and myself.

So we didn't go out for the anniversary...I fixed roasted asparagus and seared fresh Ahi tuna, and home made meyer lemon sorbet. It was good (it would have been better if someone else cooked the tuna) I don't do fish very well but the fish was very fresh and still tasted good. Everything went down just fine. I'm still under 900 calories for the day. This is a first since banding. I'm good today.

Been working on the piles of paperwork....yuck. Now I have more pile to figure out what to do with...some shredding, some recycling, some ????? aarrrggg.

Back at it.

That's what I forgot = Happy Anniversary Eva....

900 cal a 1st for you - Ya your restriction hasn't been up to par.. I kept mine between 800-1200 - Maint was 1500 to 1900.. But with portions (mostly lunch) getting bigger I kept telling myself I was still between 1500-1900

Tonite 2 slices of turkey meatloaf about 1/4 inch thick and 1/3 cup cauliflower - I am full - I am trying my Beck talking to myself - yes I am full but I want to eat more cauliflower - it was so good

That's what I forgot = Happy Anniversary Eva....

900 cal a 1st for you - Ya your restriction hasn't been up to par.. I kept mine between 800-1200 - Maint was 1500 to 1900.. But with portions (mostly lunch) getting bigger I kept telling myself I was still between 1500-1900

Tonite 2 slices of turkey meatloaf about 1/4 inch thick and 1/3 cup cauliflower - I am full - I am trying my Beck talking to myself - yes I am full but I want to eat more cauliflower - it was so good

I haven't had as little as 900 cals since I was first banded...that was maybe the first month....3 weeks of liquids and then a couple/three weeks after that. Of course I haven't journaled every day since then either, but I'm pretty sure it's wasn't in the 900 cal range. Nope, I had little restriction, but definitely wasn't where I should be. I'm really hoping this is it. It's new, so now it's good, but it's got to stay this way to force me to pay attention.

What I ultimately want out of the band is to lose enough weight that I'm comfortable with myself and to enjoy eating....a bite or two and be content with that.

I haven't started the Beck books yet...it's on reserve at the library. Someone else has it checked out so I'm waiting until it comes back in. If I like it enough....I buy it.

Have a great evening everyone!!

Hi everyone, just on my way to bed but had to check in. Very disappointed the Vikings threw the game away - should have won by 3 touchdowns, but just too many stupid mistakes, including Brett Farve's fatal mistake at the end of the game. Jeez! The Saints are going to lose BIG to the colts -- Super Bowl will be boring as He!!!! in my opinion. Oh well. I'm very disappointed.

Did a two hour work out, then spent about 1-1/2 hours cleaning then another 2 hours in kitchen -- made a chicken/rice casserole and banana choc. chip muffins and kids came over for dinner -- they stayed and watched half the game and then took off. Nice to spend some time with GD. She wanted to spend the night, but I have to go back to work tomorrow so couldn't let her -- she cried -- made me feel horrible.

So, I must get to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep so I can get up bright and early in the morning to exercise and then work.

Happy anniversary Eva -- hope you will have many many many more happy years.

Laura, hope you are feeling better. Julie, glad you had a relaxing day.

Janet, diinner sounded good -- I had leftovers tonight -- tilapia and part of a baked potato from dinner out last night -- no casserole or muffins for me.

TTYAT. Have a great Monday. Linda

Morning..........just a quick note before leaving for Bismarck this morning with DD.... Mimi has a doc's appt... It's 13 degrees with a 30 mph wind. so -7..... dang cold for taking a little one out and about... I'm not looking forward to it at all...... But will have to be home by noon so DD can go to work.... fast trip....

Hope you all have a safe and warm day... Julie

Julie...we must be having similar weather today. All I can hear is the wind whipping around outside and the house feels colder this morning. Still dark outside so I can't see much but schools are being called off. Yep, we made the right decision to wait until Wed to leave.

Well, as Linda stated, the Vikings threw it in the toilet and flushed it again. By the end of the game, I was happy for the Saints and to see them go to the Super Bowl. I am not a fair weather fan but I think I need me a new team to root for.

Today is running a few errands in town and doing a last minute cleaning of my house. DS and GF will be staying here some while we are gone. My frig is empty except for Condiments. It looks so lonely. I have meals made up in the freezer if the kids need food.

Have my little list on my desk of last minute things to grab. Got my scale on the top of the list. Last year didn't bring it and it was in that first two weeks of our trip that I had my unintentional, unexplainable 20lb loss. I think the scale is riding shotgun with me this year.

You all have a good day. I used to absolutely love Mondays when I could hope in my little car and go back to work.

Hey...everyone going to FL...remember to throw a few photos in of family, etc. I have some ready to go. Not too many..I found photos of when I first started gaining up to the time I was huge.

And...(I always seem to forget something)...I threw in a couple of decks of cards and dice. You guys start thinking of your favorite card games

Apples, I'm curious. Were you hyperthyroid when you lost that extra weight? I'm sure your doctors have tested you for that, but it could be an explanation for sudden weight loss.

Apples, I'm curious. Were you hyperthyroid when you lost that extra weight? I'm sure your doctors have tested you for that, but it could be an explanation for sudden weight loss.

Nope, Deb, they came up this NOTHING. In fact, the thyroid was the first thing I thought of. I was quite concerned and when we got back to MN, I had the full work-up and then again a month later. Every test was normal. They are pretty certain it's a metobalic thing. The thing is, I feel wonderful and have all kinds of energy and that energy stays level.

Have a good week. Did you get any sewing done.

Did you get any sewing done.

Nope, not a lick of sewing was done yesterday! Early in the afternoon, I got on the elliptical for my 40 mins, then got interested in a movie and watched that with my DH. By then it was practically time to start dinner. So it ended up being a lazy weekend. But that's ok; I do get a good bit accomplished usually.

Someone asked if sewing is my profession. No, it isn't, but it's my way of being creative. I sew most of my own clothes, and used to sew for my daughter a lot too. Even did some work on the side for people, like hemming and taking things in. Did a couple wedding dresses too. I stopped taking work in though, because you just don't get paid for the time you put in.

I've always loved the needle arts. Used to do a lot of embroidery and quilting. ABout 10 years ago I learned how to do silk painting, and I really got into that. Even started a little business, selling handpainted silk scarves. I'd go around to local craft and art fairs and had a little booth. But it became too stressful just trying to keep up with the business and I had to quit. I'll upload a few pics of my scarves.