Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

OH, by the way, I forgot to tell you all that 4 of the 5 pounds I gained overnight were gone as of this morning.. It must have been from the cold medicine and such making me retain fluids.... I'm about back to normal now.... Thank goodness...

I loved the pics of mnts and snow. I haven't been exposed to too many mnts., it's very flat here in MI. The palm trees and snow are so cool...

Hope all that are not feeling well continue to improve.

Been kind of a down day around here. Haven't had much sunlight in the last week.

Waiting for my Beck book to come, they say it has been shipped. Of course I had to order a few extra books, had to get that free shipping. lol

Take care all,

Laura K

Lori, I guess I said it wrong. She thinks Tx30 is a lot colder than CO 30 because we have so much humidity on the Gulf Coast.

I started reading Beck Diet. I want to finish the first few chapters so I can actually start it tomorrow. I think it is going to be helpful.

Wow 4 pages, Yall have been busy. We just got back from the circus. Boy was it beautiful, exciting and awesome all at once. This was my hubbys first time at the circus. It's amazing the things his mom wouldn't let him do but really wants her grandson to do. Kinda funny. I tried to take my own food into the show. They only allowed me a bottle of Water and my son a water and some pringles. My hubby couldn't get anything in. It was a 4 hour show. I tried to explain my situation but I could only convince them of the water. Oh well, We still had a blast.

Jessica, glad you and your family had a good time at the circus! It's nice quality family time. Some venues are pretty picky about outside food. Sorry you had trouble with that.

Apples, as for going out for dinner in FL...I can go either way...and any night. I would still maybe like to do the Cirque du Soliel (sp?) thing so that would be one night probably. I know there are all sorts of decent restaurants there including Emeril's. You have to make a reservations way in advance for that place.

Working on paperwork....mostly throwing it away. too much stuff.

My geranium is blooming like crazy....so is the hibiscus...small flowers but still blooming. It was like 34 degrees last night. What are these flowers thinking?

Later............

ee

My body hears ya! The dampness in Tx makes up for the super cold. My DH wants to check into moving to Belize. I will go there for the winter, but I am NOT leaving my grandkids!
Sounds like you need some kind of relief from your pain in the winter months. As soon as we are not so tied to this farm and our business, we are going to look for a permanent place in the South for six months out of the year. I used to love winter. Skating, sledding, walking but the older I get, the more of an attitude I have about it.

DESERT!! You have to come down to the desert SW!! Love it here!!

16_15_10.gif 7_11_117.gif

Apples - it' no bra sunday right now for me - still in jammies - but gotta get butt in gear - need to finish this cookbook and list ingredients that I will need and go food shopping and I have some wash to be done

BF sounds good - after reading that cookbook - I'm hungry nibbling on some Jerky.

Yep isn't my Desert Beautiful (I get to claim it as mine cuz I have lived here all my life ;) I have an extra room ;0) Those are the San Jacinto Mtns - we are surrounded by mtn we are in Valley

Phyl - you got some GREAT GREAT SHOTS !!! You are up early - ;0)

Wish it was no bra Sunday for me. It's underwire day for me!! LOL

Hey... it's MY desert, too, at least part time!

Yeah, had to be up by 7 a.m. so I could be ready for the shower by 8 a.m. Choir sang at both services this morning so had to be there at 9 a.m. for practice. We sounded much better today, but wish I could say the same for the orchestra! ;):eek::unsure: Oh, well! I keep telling myself... they're OLD and they're still playing! Get over it! They don't know they're off key!

You asked about PS.... I wanted to go to that bandster bash in Seattle because I knew I could talk to some plastic surgeons there. I never heard back from the chick at the Navy base, but we're going up there again Thursday to pick up Rx, so will try to check on it then.

You asked me one other thing but I forgot what it was!

aww thank you!! This is something ive been looking for...however ive been trying to download applications to myphone.....not much luck there...and havent found much online.... much appreciated...cant.wait to check it out.....ill let you know.....

iPhone, Blackberry, other??? Now I forgot what kind of application you were looking for! That's cuz I'm old and I forget stuff! That's one of my favorite lines! BTW, did I tell you I was born and raised in Buffalo??? Mom, sisters, etc still live there and several of DH family, too.

Phyl, love the mountain pics. I know I have been so forunate to have lived most of my life by mountains. think I took them for granted for a big part of it, really missed them when I'd move away. BTW, are you still sending Suduko challenges? I've not been getting them and have sent you one. I had so many for awhile. Love that game!

DH was in AF, so we've lived ALL over the country.... CA, FL, CO, OK, ND, WA... I think that's all! But I do LOVE to have mountains nearby. One of the homes we owned in WA back in the 80's had a gorgeous view of Mt. Rainier out the kitchen window. I can't tell you how many hours I spent during 5 yrs in that house sitting at the kitchen table staring out the window and contemplating my navel!! LOL!

Watching football, but better not tell you who I'm rooting for!! HAHAHA! Watching Jets/Colts right now... recorded.... and not happy to see NY going down! Looks like they're going to lose it! Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers were my two "Fantasy" QBs on my Fantasy team this year, so I supposed I should be rooting for the Colts, but sure would like to see the Jets go to the Super Bowl!

I haven't started any new Sudoku games in a couple of days because I had about a dozen to play on Earl's account! But I think I finished the last one last night after midnight!! So I'll have to start some new ones.

18_1_307.gif 18_1_321.gif 18_1_331.gif 18_1_335.gif

Well one of my Facebook friends had a great idea. Root for Brett and the Vikings cause us old farts need to stick together. Besides if he finally wins maybe he will finally go away! So go Brett & the Vikings! Besides I don't like MSY (New Orleans) either.

Forgot one thing.... I bought the complete Beck Diet for Life... a year ago .... and never read it!! So since you've all been talking about the Beck books, I had DH drag it out for me this afternoon!! I have TOO many books to read. I'm listening to one audiobook on my iTouch, have a paperback I read every night before I fall asleep.. 1-2 chapters a night, and two brand new paperbacks to read by Feb.. 17 for our book club here in the RV park

... another thing I started this winter!!

7_1_124.gif

I wanted to stay busier this winter so I wasn't coming back to the RV after Water aerobics each day and sitting around watching TV and on the laptop the whole rest of the day! So I have beading, choir, Red Hats, book club, volunteering in the activities office!!

YIKES!!

Have to keep it all on my Blackberry & my laptop

so I get reminders as to where I'm supposed to be and when!!

22_1_26v.gif 15_9_15.gif 22_1_26v.gif

Well one of my Facebook friends had a great idea. Root for Brett and the Vikings cause us old farts need to stick together. Besides if he finally wins maybe he will finally go away! So go Brett & the Vikings! Besides I don't like MSY (New Orleans) either.

HAHAHA!!

I LOVE IT!!

18_1_335.gif

29_4_82.gif 18_7_24.gif

18_1_301.gif

How did I find such a great DH? Not a B&M once while loading the truck. He caught himself once when he started to say "Are these all shoes?" He just stopped and continued loading. Everything fit except waiting to load the things that will freeze until the morning we leave. Whew...I did overpack but not on a huge scale. Got it all figured out where dog will ride....now just to figure out where DH will sit. (that's a little humor is all...I do love and respect that man of mine!)

Phyll...I ended up in that underwire all day too. Too many ppl around all day long. But the upside is...we had ppl around all day!

Oh...and in case y'all missed it the first time:

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Apples, as for going out for dinner in FL...I can go either way...and any night. I would still maybe like to do the Cirque du Soliel (sp?) thing so that would be one night probably. I know there are all sorts of decent restaurants there including Emeril's. You have to make a reservations way in advance for that place.

Later............

ee

Hey guys~ My vote is to eat out too! I don't care where- just don't want to cook, nor eat junk. I have never been to Emeril's Orlando restaurant. I just checked the online reservations, and they still have availability. Just depends what time we want to go and how many. It's 20 miles from where we are staying- but straight shot up I-4 to Universal. By the way, what is our total #? If you type in restaurants under google and the zip code where we will be... 33896

, you will see some of the places nearby. Not much near the condo except cracker barrel. (Apples fav):unsure::eek:;) There's also another place in Orlando called Moonfish that is supposed to be fabulous. We can also play it by ear, whatever you guys want to do.

I am so thankful that I married a geek who doesn't like watching sports on tv. : ) I just don't enjoy it- so it makes life easier having someone else who shares that passion. : )

I had a no bra day too. But Julie... nothing else?! LOL. Your husband must love that!

Gonna catch up on Facebook, check email and go to bed early. I just got off the phone with Nelson's teacher- told her about his cast and to make sure and help him if he needs it. They usually work in the garden or play on the playground most mornings (his school has a community garden), but told her not to let him do it till the cast comes off. I can just see a cast full of DIRT!

Have a good night!

Oh my busy bunch this afternoon -

Got my target shopping food shopping done - got it all put away and sat down to read my Beck book phone rang it was GF Deb kidding me about QVC - then my Sis called they will be here 2/6 - wanted to know if the invite was still open to stay w/me - said yes - we need to kiss and make up.. Told her that I would be leaving on the 11th but they were welcome to stay - I don't know how long they plan on staying..

Got a turkey meatloaf in the oven and cauliflower steaming..

So who won the 1st game - isn't the 2nd game on right now - since I don't have a dh I don't watch- Cowboys are my team ;0) I don't mind watch 1 game - but don't want to watch them all day long ...

I will watch the SB

Vote to eat Emeril's - I LOVE HIM or the moon place - I RARELY ever get go out to eat at nice places - the down side of being single. (about the only one imho ;0) But my vote is to eat out one nite at a NICE place ;0)

Haven't bought anything else - I ck'd it all out last night nothing else hit me - and ya you should see the gold in FL said I should have 2/3 - the Bracelet that I got was my signature bracelet - I loved it - wore it to TX for Aunts funeral but when SC (step cuz) gave me my Aunts I put mine in my purse - and forgot to take it out - so when purse was stolen there went my most fave bracelet

Great I don't think I qualify for a big time qvc gal - I haven't bought TV's Beds or super high ticket jewelry (over $1000)

Eva you may like the Beck Book I like what I have read so far - It says a lot of the stuff I always preach about - like how we think skinny pple can eat any and everything and stay skinny - well that just ain't true

She explains it alot better about how to talk to yourself when you want to eat and shouldn't than I do.. But I gotta say if you read this book you will say - Oh Janet said that just in a diff way - I am on page 54 Day 1 - making cards up with the reason you want to lose or maintain - or you can put it on your computer as a screen saver and you have to read it twice a day..

Well I did have a bra on but once I get home off it comes and Julie - I am with you under nitie nothing at all ;0)

Jessica the circus is in town here to - but I don't think it's as big as yours - Next time take some Jerky to snack on - you should be able to hide that in your purse or a pt bar - As your doctor for a card - They have cards that say you have had WLS to let you order of the kids or seniors menu - I never got one cuz I just bring the left overs home and eat off them for a couple days

Ok I didn't quote and can only see 1 page of what was written and I'm an old fart to when it comes to memory

Oh I remember Eva love the bob cat... I saw it - we only have coyotes

Think I am going to try to read some more and see how dinner is coming along

CBL