Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Melissa - One day at a time - one minute at a time sometimes - Ya - it's hard to find another place to go right now - keep up the exercise and hopefully the meds will help and when you have to have something - just go w/the sf as much as you can and snack back popcorn.< /p>

You sound like my mom one minute at a time if I need thanks so much for all of your help

1day....I'm so sorry you still have the stress at work. It's just the pitts to feel stuck...not just in the banded sense. As for the food, well, we got banded because we have eating issues. Do you do yoga by any chance? If nothing else, the breathing exercises can really help with the stress. I think the stress contributes so much towards our eating issues and out ability to block out common sense. Calm down, and focus on your breathing..........at least it's not food. One of the things I try to practice is if you can't change the situation you are in, try and change your reaction to it. You do have control over that.

Eva

i have never tried yoga but I would love to try some at home or at least the breathing exercises any suggestions? At my last job I could listen to calming relaxing music but not where I am know.

Thank you for the advice as well.

Laura K.....it's hard, but make sure you take really little bites especially of any hard Protein and chew it really well and eat really slow. It's a painful lesson and I'm still learning it, but with the protein, I've really had to slow down. Hopefully, you'll not have to get an unfill.

Apples,

Popcorn time for me and the puppa. Nightly ritual. He's sitting in his popcorn position and waiting for momma to get it done. Talk to you all tomorrow. Maybe I will have time to catch up with everyone a little bit.

My dog doesn't like popcorn....won't touch it. She is a food snob...it's her dog food or meat, that's about it. Oh a little cheese is okay. Now the cat eats lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, cantaloupe, but doesn't always like meat. The cat will also eat the dog's food, even when she has food in her dish...go figure.

Short post tonight....I'm brain dead. Walked to to mall tonight and did a little X-mas shopping for DH. I'll need to do a couple more trips before Christmas. It was nice and not crowded.

Julie, have fun with that carpet cleaning. I have oatmeal colored carpet in my bedroom and it was the darkest color I could get at the time. I really wanted dirt colored but they didn't have it in the pattern I wanted. No more carpet after this.

Okay off to buy calendars for gifts (on line). Have a great night.

Welcome back Meredith!!

Eva

1 day....let me do some research this weekend and I'll let you know what I find in the way of some easy yoga.....at least the breathing technique. I used to have a book....but I don't know where it is.

Laura K - I still am learning and I am over 2 yrs out - when you are hungry we tend to eat fast - at time we forget about our bands and it's not till the 3rd or 4th bite then it's utoh...

Glad you have good restriction - I too have never been in pain for hours or pb'd for hours either - it usually come up pretty easily maybe 2 or 3 pbs and stuck for maybe 10 or 15 minutes - and I to will get up and walk..

Glad you are doing good on the exercise and diaring - both are key imho

Apples - Glad you are doing so well - yes being busy helps..

Eva - you had me lmao - your cat eats lettuce lol - my dogs are spoil dinner is dog food topped w/rotissie chicken - Angel (poodle) got to where she was turning her nose up at the dog food - they get turkey Jerky treats and salami when I leave the house - Sheba (cat) was eating wet food but mostly just licking the liquid part out - and I was feeding 4 - 5 times a day when she was nursing - but now she gets dry cat food and some soft salmon cat treats and that's it - but she too will eat the dog food.

Melissa - I could be your mom :thumbup:) My son is 38 :smile2:) I will look for something on mental something (imagining or something like that) a girl on my 7 thread is doing it and it's helping her sleep..

I think Latte is getting banded tomorrow - prayers for a safe surgery and speed recovery..

Well gang - I didn't want to do this but I must - HI MY NAME IS JANET AND I AM A FOOD ADDICT !!!!!

Last night I needed to get to bed early cuz I was meeting my workout partner at 24 hr fitness (gym that's across the street) AT 5 A.M. we were going to ck it out as we may be changing to this gym

Anyway - I took 2 5 mg xanan to help me get to sleep - well I got up and had 1/2 c ice cream - well OMW that started a whold binge - went and had another 1/2 then ate 3 ice cream sandwiches - i didn't care - i wanted the sugar (this is after I hadn't had any since Sunday) - I was totally out of control - I didn't care - I just had to have the sugar.

Well, I did get up at 4:20 and met Vicky at the gym and did my 3 miles - ate good today at work - then after work went back to 24 hr fitness (have a 14 day pass) and found this great treadmill - the incline goes to 30 (most only go to 15) and it also has a -3 incline (walking down hill)

Well I did 4 miles did varying inclines from 3 to 24 - computer says I burned 600 calories and hiked to an elevation of 1200 ft..

I am going to try and go in the morning again - but so far today I have done 7 miles burned about 900 calories..

So girls - ya we do fall of the wagon (even oldies like me) but when you do the crime you gotta pay the time (extra exercise) and to tell the truth - I do feel bad about what I did - but it's done - I can't take it back - I am an addict and I had a relapse - and truly there can't be recovery without a relapse - it's something to learn from - All the ice cream is out of the house (well ya it's in my gut and the only reason I had it was for when family was here and thought since it was in the outside fridge - it wouldn't be tempted - but stupid me - that fridge is close to my bedroom than the kitchen fridge)

But I am very very proud of me for taking the action needed to undo the damage - extra exercise (thrusday & friday & sunday's are my usual days off from the gym) - So I have learned something in these last 2 yrs -

Well I know there was more I wanted to comment on - but it's now 8:30 and I need to go eat - I want to get up early tomorrow and hit the gym again before work - I love new toys :0)...

Talk to you all tomorrow - Hugs & Love Janet

1 day....let me do some research this weekend and I'll let you know what I find in the way of some easy yoga.....at least the breathing technique. I used to have a book....but I don't know where it is.

Thank would be cool thanks.

Janet - Yeah I am trying the imaging thing to well night guys it late talk to you later.

good morning...

janet~ hugs... our mentor IS human! : ) Wow, wtg though on the gym. I was mad at myself but not THAT mad. But after reading that I think I will go to the gym this morning.

Great~ congrats on the PT. You really are knocking it out!

Oct and Apples~ (and most of you) crack me up with the dogs that are almost human. I have two crazy cats. One is a 20 lb pound kitty who I saved one hr before his time. And the other is an over bred Burmese who doesn't have the sense of a piece of toast. She has fallen in the pool a dozen times trying to drink from the spa Water fall..LOL. She will only eat grocery store Delicat. Won't touch Science diet, etc. or canned food or meat, fish or cheese. The big boy will eat ANYTHING. If I ever get a dog it will have to be something smaller and calm. A friend of mine has a sheltie, lab and german shep. they all lick and jump. oh! Just freaks me out.

Mrs B.~ how's the carpet?! I bet you are happy to see white again!

Took Nels to the derm. He's fine. She said that he is just a freckly/mole kid, but not to worry, they look fine. It is very very rare for moles in kids to be cancerous.

I went to a pharmaceutical dinner for nurse practitioners last night. I am trying to network and find the perfect PT job. They had it at one of those fancy restaurants where the entrées are $28-38! I prepared for this the whole day with my eating. Break. 200 cal Protein Bar (20gms protein) and coffee w/ cream (50), lunch was a 100c Muscle Milk Light 15g prot. So I had a lot of calories left in the bank. Appet. was brie/fruit/coconut shrimp. (I had one shrimp and one bite of brie), 2nd course was Soup or salad (I had lobster bisque), I don't even want to know the calories in that! It was a small bowl but still what do you think 200 cal?? So then entrée I ordered Red Snapper Grenobloise but they added olives and mushrooms with the capers. delicious!!! served with steamed spinach and rice. Well, I was soooo excited about my Protein that I ate too fast.... (everyone knows what is next, huh?) PAIN... Iron FIST... STUCK..... We are in a room in the back of the restaurant, some pulmonologist is talking about his drug with a slide show. I tried to sit there for a few min but was so afraid to PB that I grabbed my bag and left. I sent a text to the coord. of the dinner and lied and said I had a babysitting emergency. I never PBd, in fact by the time I got home I was FINE, and ugghhhh a little hungry once it passed. So, small bites... and chew chew chew chew!!! Even the softest protein in too big of bites will get stuck! I had a glass of skim milk and two 50 cal Cookies of Nelson's an hour after I got home. At least I stopped at 2.

Time to get moving. TTYL......peasout

Laura...WHAT???????????? Family dogs and cats are NOT human????????????WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...out the door early. Want to try and get as much done as I can in apt. b/4 we start the corn harvest which most likely will be next week.

No time to respond...I miss you guys!

Laura, I know what you mean with even the softest Protein getting stuck if you eat too fast. I'm getting much better at this, but still forget once in a while (usually when I'm distracted about something.) Hey, we are at the same weight right now. Glad Nels is okay.....living in Florida and Arizona, we keep an eye on those moles and spots. Hey, it's cool to hear about your cats...they are family too.

Oh Janet, it really does help to hear that even you slip. I don't wish that on you, but knowing the struggle affects everyone is sort of reassuring. Glad you pick yourself right up and get back on track too....that's what is really inspiring.

Lori, you sure said it right...it is a life changing journey. Glad to hear your knee is doing well. Just think two months from now you will be running all over the place.

It's another work day...........hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.....la la la la la la la la hi ho hi ho................

Eva

Laura K - I still am learning and I am over 2 yrs out - when you are hungry we tend to eat fast - at time we forget about our bands and it's not till the 3rd or 4th bite then it's utoh...

Glad you have good restriction - I too have never been in pain for hours or pb'd for hours either - it usually come up pretty easily maybe 2 or 3 pbs and stuck for maybe 10 or 15 minutes - and I to will get up and walk..

Glad you are doing good on the exercise and diaring - both are key imho

Apples - Glad you are doing so well - yes being busy helps..

Eva - you had me lmao - your cat eats lettuce lol - my dogs are spoil dinner is dog food topped w/rotissie chicken - Angel (poodle) got to where she was turning her nose up at the dog food - they get turkey Jerky treats and salami when I leave the house - Sheba (cat) was eating wet food but mostly just licking the liquid part out - and I was feeding 4 - 5 times a day when she was nursing - but now she gets dry cat food and some soft salmon cat treats and that's it - but she too will eat the dog food.

Melissa - I could be your mom :smile2:) My son is 38 :frown:) I will look for something on mental something (imagining or something like that) a girl on my 7 thread is doing it and it's helping her sleep..

I think Latte is getting banded tomorrow - prayers for a safe surgery and speed recovery..

Well gang - I didn't want to do this but I must - HI MY NAME IS JANET AND I AM A FOOD ADDICT !!!!!

Last night I needed to get to bed early cuz I was meeting my workout partner at 24 hr fitness (gym that's across the street) AT 5 A.M. we were going to ck it out as we may be changing to this gym

Anyway - I took 2 5 mg xanan to help me get to sleep - well I got up and had 1/2 c ice cream - well OMW that started a whold binge - went and had another 1/2 then ate 3 ice cream sandwiches - i didn't care - i wanted the sugar (this is after I hadn't had any since Sunday) - I was totally out of control - I didn't care - I just had to have the sugar.

Well, I did get up at 4:20 and met Vicky at the gym and did my 3 miles - ate good today at work - then after work went back to 24 hr fitness (have a 14 day pass) and found this great treadmill - the incline goes to 30 (most only go to 15) and it also has a -3 incline (walking down hill)

Well I did 4 miles did varying inclines from 3 to 24 - computer says I burned 600 calories and hiked to an elevation of 1200 ft..

I am going to try and go in the morning again - but so far today I have done 7 miles burned about 900 calories..

So girls - ya we do fall of the wagon (even oldies like me) but when you do the crime you gotta pay the time (extra exercise) and to tell the truth - I do feel bad about what I did - but it's done - I can't take it back - I am an addict and I had a relapse - and truly there can't be recovery without a relapse - it's something to learn from - All the ice cream is out of the house (well ya it's in my gut and the only reason I had it was for when family was here and thought since it was in the outside fridge - it wouldn't be tempted - but stupid me - that fridge is close to my bedroom than the kitchen fridge)

But I am very very proud of me for taking the action needed to undo the damage - extra exercise (thrusday & friday & sunday's are my usual days off from the gym) - So I have learned something in these last 2 yrs -

Well I know there was more I wanted to comment on - but it's now 8:30 and I need to go eat - I want to get up early tomorrow and hit the gym again before work - I love new toys :0)...

Talk to you all tomorrow - Hugs & Love Janet

Sorry for the struggles, Janet. One thing about you though...you take action immediately after a slip. Do you think that not having sugar for a few days made you want it more? Deprivation??????

I have a really strange food regamine, but it works for me. A certain amount of Fiber, Protein, and carbs. Each day I plan but, as we all know, well made plans can call by the wayside. I notice that when I do not get my carbs in early in the day, I am standing in the pantry b/4 bed eating high carb Cereal by the handful. It's like I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT.

I think deprivation is the downfall of most "diets". (And I realize you do not see this as a diet...life change). Anyway, nice to see you jumped back one and took care of your slip-up. Icecream rinsed down the sink yet????????:thumbup:

Edited by Apples2

Buddies.........thanks for all the kind words and support. You help me get back on track. I am hurting all over this morning, but I am going out for a walk..........got to fight this feeling!

Apples, I'm with you dogs are human. lol

My mini daschound, Isaac, doesn't know that he's not a people nor does he know that he is mini. Loves the veggies, I can't even go to the counter that he isn't right there waiting for fall out. Loves onions, lettuce any veggie but black olives. Crazy dog thinks he is bigger than the neighbors pit bull. Which is the calmest dog I have ever seen contrary (sp) to being that breed.

One Day, have you tried the yoga on WII, it isn't alot but it would give you some idea on yoga.

Occt, slowly learning that lesson on chew, chew, chew, and taking smaller bites. This is only my second fill and after the first one I didn't feel it. Now I do so it seems like I am starting at the begining of class.

Janet, I was going to respond "what is that ice cream doing in the house, get rid of the junk" but you did it first. Good pep talk, way to go on the gym.

Laura, seems like we both learned a lesson on slowing down this week. Sorry for your troubles.

Laura K

Good morning! Wow, last week we had a huge snowstorm at this time, this week, record warm temps! 78 yesterday more of the same today. I just love CO weather as when it's bad you know it ain't gonna last long! Today I am getting me a pedicure!! FUn fun! Still hard to reach those toes and the nails have gotten so long. I have a neighbor that does them from her home so am going there. She's a little more pricey so I hope I like it, if not might be akward if I don't go back.

Janet, thanks for sharing your 'slip'. It reassures me and yet freaks me out at the same time. By that I mean it's reassuring to know that even the best of us, can be over come by those old temptations and habits and over come them. Scares me to death to know that those old habits can sneak up on us anytime. I think my husband doesn't understand that. I think he thinks I still identify too much with being overweight even though I am 'normal' now. He thinks since I am 'normal' that those issues are all gone. I tell him no they are not. There's still a fat girl inside me that tries to get out once in awhile. Funny when I was fat I used to say there was a thin girl in there that wanted to get out too. LOL But even though I may look 'normal' now, I still can't be trusted around a bag of Fritos or some fresh popped buttery popcorn! But it does thrill me that he doesn't see that fat chick anymore. Hope that is making sense. But I thank you for sharing your journey all of it even the slip ups and then the amazing gym workouts and turn around as well!

Apples, we miss you too, but totally understand. I am anxious about the possiblity of meeting you in a few weeks.

Laura, sorry you had the stuck episode. That's when they tend to happen for me, in a social setting where perhaps I am not paying as close attention to my bites and chewing as I should be as I am distracted by my surroundings.

Pets: Mine are almost human! LOL We have 2 dogs, one, Hunter, is DH's dog and was supposed to be his hunting dog. She was supposed to be all black lab but alas is half Australian Shepherd and is more interesting in herding the cows on the farm he takes her hunting to than retrieving birds. Lucy, is our other dog and is part viszla and part black lab. We got her from S. Dakota and she was bred specifically for hunting pheasants and she is a retreiver extrodinaire! But a big baby that also thinks she's a lap dog. I buy her pink collars, etc. and it just bugs DH as he uses her more for his hunting since she's so good and he can't have a hunting dog with a pink collar! Funny when we go to S Dakota and they pheasant hunt at his uncles farm, there are also several hunters that pay his uncle to guide them hunting. They come up from Mississippi I think. They have all these fancy pedigree dogs that they spent thousands on to train to hunt. My mutt with no official training out hunts them all! I let him take her hunting as she just loves it, but if I go walk the fields with him she tends to want to be babied by me. LOL She's my protector too.

Now cats, I dont' have much use for. But most of that is because I am so darned allergic that I have myself convinced that I hate cats. But really it's just that I hate getting steroid shots if I have been around one, etc. LOL We have to be very careful even when we buy a house, if the previous owners had a cat, we have to rip out all carpet etc. I'm very sensitve to them.

Well guess I better go get on with my day. Depending on the knee I might venture out to Kohl's for their 'big sale' but then again, aren't they always having a sale?

Morning, Gang!

Yesterday was a busy day and today doesn't look much better. Feeling a little washed out.... I know I have a bladder infection. Been taking Rx my doc gave me for these (frequent) occurences but so far not seeing any improvement. DH pushing me to go to Water aerobics this morning anyway, but I really don't want to and don't know if I have the stamina for it today!

Great... you are doing so well! We went to Palm Springs street fair last night and I was disappointed that I could only walk for 30 minutes. Frustrating, though, because it wasn't my knee that was bothering me, it was my hip on the same leg. I hope I'm not going to start having hip problems! I'm seeing Navy doctor on other issues on the 16th and think I'll see if he will xray it and see what's going on. Hoping it was just an isolated incident because I had such a long, busy day yesterday and exercised hard in the morning.

But wanted to tell you all.... yesterday was a GREAT day...

ONDERLAND!!

First time in about 30 years to be under 200# so it is a big milestone for me!

Good Morning Gang

Ice Cream was there for when family was here – but they never ate it :0)

Apples – I don’t remember what I had for dinner that night- but I am pretty sure it included either white or brown rice – I too have to have my starches – don’t remember if I had popcorn that night – I don’t think so.. See this is why it’s a good thing to journel cuz it’s so easy to forget :0) especially if you are over 50 lol…

A girl on my 7 thread said it was most likely the xanax that took away my anixity about eating – don’t know if that’s true or not – but I am not kidding you – I was totally like a drug addict wanting more.

I don’t really deprive myself – so I really don’t think that I was deprived – I was just an addict reacting to my drug of choice.

Yep and this is why I did post it - I am human !! But the biggest reason is that I wanted pple to know that if you do this (relapse) then you gotta do something about that relapse – EXTRA EXERCISE and get rid of the offending food.< /span>

As I said there in no recovery without a relapse.. We learn from these experiences – I have learned it’s not the end of the world and I don’t punish myself – I get off my butt and move to burn off those offending calories – that’s how we got fat in the 1st place – ate too much and didn’t exercise – As we all know the band doesn’t chose our foods for us.

Relapse is usually caused by a combinations of factors. Some possible factors and warning signs might be:

• Keeping our trigger foods around the house for any reason
  • Obsessive thinking about eating
  • Failing to follow ones treatment plan – quitting therapy – skipping doctors appointments
  • Feeling overconfident – that you no longer need support
  • Relationship difficulties – ongoing serious conflicts
  • Setting unrealistic goals – perfectionism – being too hard on ourselves
  • Changes in eating and sleeping patterns, personal hygiene, or energy levels
  • Feeling overwhelmed – confused – useless – stressed out
  • Constant boredom – irritability – lack of routine and structure in life
  • Sudden changes in psychiatric symptoms
  • Dwelling on resentments and past hurts – anger – unresolved conflicts
  • Avoidance – refusing to deal with personal issues and other problems of daily living
  • Engaging in obsessive behaviors – workaholism – gambling – sexual excess and acting out
  • Major life changes – loss – grief – trauma – painful emotions – winning the lottery
  • Ignoring relapse warning signs and triggers

By becoming familiar with our triggers and warning signs, utilizing the various recovery tools, and having a practical plan of action, we greatly minimize the tendency to lapse back into our addictions. If and when lapses do happen, we do not judge or blame--we are not bad people. We seek progress not perfection. We simply learn what we can from the situation and move on with our program of dual recovery. Sharing our relapse experience with our , groupis an important way to figure out what went wrong. Our experience may also help others in recovery.

Oh wait – I thought my pets were human :0) – they think they are too :0)…

Well gotta get to work – cbl

CONGRATS!! Phyl on the Onederland!! Awesome news to start the day!!

You know the hip on my knee side bothers me sometimes too. I wonder if it's from walking funny as the knee heals? That hip has never bothered me before. My other one has in the past, but not that one. I sure hope I am not goign to need hips as well as knees. I had a brief moment of insanity yesterday. At therapy yesterday there was a gal there doing therapy for her knee replacement as well. I got to talking to her. She had her 2nd knee done 5 weeks after her first. She wanted them done by year's end and be off work all at once. Well it got me thinking, since I reached my out of pocket max for the year, any other medical expenses in 2009 are covered 100%. I had to pay $2500 for my knee surgery. I thought well if I am going to need the other knee anyway, I wonder about rushing to get it in this year. however, it wasn't as bad as the first knee. But the more I think about it, it seems crazy to me. DH said to only do it if it really bothered me, don't make the decision just on $$$, we can always find the $2500 in a year or two if I don't need it til then. I just feel so guilty that I've cost us so much for my lap band, gall bladder and now knee issues. DH is so supportive though. Also, who knows what options there'll be for the next knee if our insurance all changes. I'm just about 5 weeks now though and can't imagine having the other knee done now and relying on this knee like the gal in therapy did. This gal also got 130 degree bend the week after surgery! She must be super woman or something!

I hope you are feeling better soon!