Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Nope Charlene - No gym tonite - I don't think I could anyway - I am pooped... Busy w/gym - Bella - work - all week - I am just pooped - I have the next 3 days off :0) Don't go back till Sunday - then going to try turbo kick boxing - don't know if I will add it to my repretraw (sp) of classes or not :thumbup:

and then after it I have Pilos

Have you tried Ryka - I like them they have a good size toe box - I get mine on QVC (OF COURSE ;0)..

Hi Everybody,

I will no longer listen to orthopedist. Saw my GP today he made me feel better. Said it is not good to lose a lot of weight to quickly.

Thank you for the suggestions for the two books - I will get them when we get back.

Jewel I used to help people write resumes, and if they had a period of time when they were unemployed simply wrote either the truth, or said that they were exploring alternative professions.

Just saying you have a degree is all they want to know.

Great what is the five day pouch?

I enjoy reading about Nels experiences in life. Brings back many wonderful memories.

I do not think it is easy being Andrew's age - I am impressed with how helpful and thoughtful he can be.

Apples - you will have the prettiest teeth and gums.

Wish I had a magic wand and could wave it over everyone in pain to take it away.

JB heat index where we are in FL was 109 degrees today.

Well it is nearly 4:30 in the morning - better end here and crash.

Thank you all for your support and wonderful words of wisdom.

Gwendolyn Smythe

Hi gang! The rain past and so has my pain except for my new NB tennis shoes. They really put the "smarts" on my bunions. lol. I walked, but only half the time today.

Jessica, Dr. Garth Davis is my surgeon. He is a sweetheart. He is training for a triathlon so he is really into eating lots of organic green stuff......which means he wants us to eat like him. I know he is right, but old habits die hard. I just got my new book today...Crack the Fat-Loss Code.....how to outsmart your metabolism and Conquer the diet plateau. It is written by a nationally known trainer, Wendy Chant. She has some really good recipes in the book.....high Protein.

Great.........Have a Great time in Hawaii! I wish I was going. I just loved Maui.

Janet, are you at a class tonight?

Joyce, wow, lots of GKids and GGKids. The one we are waiting for will be number 10. I think that will be it. They range from 18 down to 2 and waiting.

Laura, that settles it.....you have to come to Vegas and bring your pipe. We will all get high on fruit. That is as low cal as you can get. lol

Love the baby pic of Nels. He looks like an angel.

Well, I have to get off the computer. My DGS is waiting to play games.

Goodnight All!!!

I have heard so many great things about Dr. Davis. Glad you got to use him as your surgeon. I really learned alot from his book. I saw you talking about him but I didn't know it was the same one.

Hitting the books today. I started studying for my Medical terminology exam last night. I know alot of it already from taking Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology. I was a bit surprised to know 45 of the 50 flashcards already.

I just can't believe where I am in life. I am actually walking this path. I had given up 4 years ago when they told me I was mentally ill. I didn't expect to ever do anything like this.

I know this is a little out there but my doc actually encourages us to skip Breakfast. I am totally not making this up. He says it keeps us in Ketosis longer and helps us burn more fat. He says if I am not hungry for Breakfast then don't eat. He encourages us to use things he calls "bridges" To help us get over the hunger. They are things like SF Gum, and black coffee (which is his personal favorite). My last visit with him he told me he lost all his weight without surgery by just stopping eating. He said it in a way like I was suppose to follow suit. I know my body needs Proteins and Vitamins and minerals. So I am disagreeing a bit with him on some things. I have to remember this is my journey not his. I hate to disagree cause I pay him for his educated opinion. I just feel like he crossed the line implying I should stop eatting. He has a new partner and I am hoping to work with him more now.

Good Morning Gang...

Great - have a wonderful time in Hawaii...

Jewel - Your doc is weird imho - everything out there says eat breakfast - There are some days I may skip usually weekends cuz I'm doing stuff (not exercising) but 99% of the time I do have something.. This isn't about starving - it's about re-learning how to eat healthy.

Well not much to report since last night - busy day at work again - so I might not be back till tonite..

Love to all

Heading off to Indian River for the weekend. Just floating and boating, enjoying the company of great friends.

Everyone take care have a great weekend.

LauraK

Laura K - Have a great weekend - sounds delightful.

Lori L - also sending wishes along for a marvelous time in Mauii

I'm having much less excitement getting acquainted with my new iphone. Still waiting to have the fax repaired on the new printer. grrrr technology can be a challenge.

Jessica - interesting attitude/advice of your physician re: skipping breakfast. Like Janet - I've always read how important it is. oh well...whatever works for you should be the rule for you.

Hello friends, I'm doing a bit better with being awake today,.. I actually did a couple things this morning.... But didn't sleep most of the night... pain just wouldn't let go..... Took a shower about 6:30 and then laid on the bed with a wet head and fell asleep..... makes for a great hair day!!!

Laura K, have a great birthday weekend..... sounds fun and relaxing... Happy Birthday to you........

Joyce, I have trouble just using my phone to make calls.... We don't even have texting on our contract.... don't care to do it.... I wish you luck with your phone... We do Alltell and now I hear they have been bought out by AT&T.... got a letter saying things will remain the same for the present, but sometime in the future we will have to get new phones...... comparable to what we have is on them, any upgrade is on us.... Just what we need.... changing phones... DH has only had one for a bit over a year....

Well, DH is off this morning... We have high humidity and the harvesting in tough..... He may have to go in later, but hopefully not for long as I asked friends to come for supper... Just doing simple... All I have to do is peal some peaches to have with sugar and cream for dessert, and put some dressing on my cucumber salad.... and then cook some fresh Beans and peas from Mom's garden...... these are the friends who just came from mayo after her brain surgery.. She's finally up to going out and thought we could just relax together....

Mimi is out of her procedure on her teeth... She has two cavities and one was actually abscessed..... No wonder she was complaining of her cheek hurting.... It was the tooth... poor baby.... She should be much better now... I tried to tell DD not to give her so much juice, but she didn't heed my warnings... I always gave her milk when she was here unless she begged for juice.... Live and learn I guess. Why is it kids have to figure things out for themselves...???? Anyway, my little Mimi should be home here soon and I can give her a big hug....

Jessica, I, too, have never heard of a doctor telling someone not to eat breakfast, but I also agree with Joyce that whatever works for you is good...

Well, off to do some odds and ends... I need to swiffer my floor a bit... I can see cat hair as I haven't done it for a couple days.... Amazing what carpet hides that is so easy to see on bare floor.... Have a great day ladies....

Oh, I sure didn't hold up my end on the "no pain" plan..... I was hoping a positive attitude would help... Bye... Julie

Melissa....OMG...you hit the nail on the head with the salamander story. That poor dr's wife. She's going to have to relax those butt muscles pretty soon or her perfect little world will not seem so perfect.

I didn't find a salamander in the school bag but....came home from work one day when youngest was 8. Dad was "watching" them for the day...yeah right. Reached my hand into the dish Water in the sink and pulled out crap that looked like chow mien. Charlie had put 16 frogs in the microwave, didn't know what to do with them when they blew all over and filled up the sink and threw it all in.

A couple weeks later he decided to "tame" four blue jays. Caught them in a net and brought them in the house. His plan was to clip their wings and make house birds out of them. I had navy blue lamps (cloth shades) and navy furniture. Bird poop everywhere. Took us 2 days to round them up. Many, many naughty Charlie stories.

Just wait till that dr's wife opens the gym bag when the kid is 12 and finds a Mountain Dew bottle filled with discarded spit and chew!

To funny you have to keep me posted on what happens when the baby is born.

Well ladies I went to job fair. It was insane alot of people were there trying to get you to open your own business or like costco wanted you to renew your membership. I did get some information on assitance to going back to school to change careers so I am going to read up on that and alot of other info on some of the companies websites you have to go onto to apply. So it was not a bust but not as helpful as I thought it would be.

So I am off to clean my house I will chat with you guys later

Hi gang! I have been shopping at Stridrite for my 2 year old DGD. She has such a fat foot. Anyway, this is tax free weekend for Texas. All apparel, school supplies, and even diapers are tax free. So, that on top of the sales we saved.

Apples, Your state MN, is playing Texas right now in the Little League World Series. Our town, Pearland, is the

Texas team. We just hit a 3 run homer. Woo Hoo!!!

Cheri, wow you have a lot going on in your family. HUGS and Prayers for your family and you too.

Julie, I am glad Mimi made it through her teeth surgery. Any dental work on anybody is tough especially toddlers.

Laura K......have a great time this weekend!

One day, hang in there! There is a good position waiting for you.

Janet, I gave those NB shoes to my DD. They were too tight. Now, I have some Propets I bought on QVC two years ago that were too tight. They fit just right now. Oh, I bought that Walgreens cream I was telling you about. I am using it on my hands. They are a wrinkled mess. After all, they are almost 60 years old. lol

Jessica, your dr is not the first doc I have heard that tells people not to eat until hungry. This doctor had lap band himself and drank coffee all day and ate one meal at night. Wanna bet he gained his weight back? I think he was a GP...not the surgeon. I am so proud of you hitting the books. You will make an excellent nurse.

Well, gotta get back to the World Series Game.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I have heard so many great things about Dr. Davis. Glad you got to use him as your surgeon. I really learned alot from his book. I saw you talking about him but I didn't know it was the same one.

Hitting the books today. I started studying for my Medical terminology exam last night. I know alot of it already from taking Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology. I was a bit surprised to know 45 of the 50 flashcards already.

I just can't believe where I am in life. I am actually walking this path. I had given up 4 years ago when they told me I was mentally ill. I didn't expect to ever do anything like this.

I know this is a little out there but my doc actually encourages us to skip breakfast. I am totally not making this up. He says it keeps us in Ketosis longer and helps us burn more fat. He says if I am not hungry for breakfast then don't eat. He encourages us to use things he calls "bridges" To help us get over the hunger. They are things like SF Gum, and black coffee (which is his personal favorite). My last visit with him he told me he lost all his weight without surgery by just stopping eating. He said it in a way like I was suppose to follow suit. I know my body needs Proteins and Vitamins and minerals. So I am disagreeing a bit with him on some things. I have to remember this is my journey not his. I hate to disagree cause I pay him for his educated opinion. I just feel like he crossed the line implying I should stop eatting. He has a new partner and I am hoping to work with him more now.

I have always said that eating breakfast makes me hungry the rest of the day. I find that isn't so much the case with having a Protein Drink, but I've never agreed that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It starts my metabolism which starts my hunger. It doesn't matter what kind of food it is, its like an alcoholic taking that first drink. It gets me started. Now, with the band and with my need to keep my blood sugar stable, I don't feel well until I get something in me. Especially since I walk first thing. I usually take coffee with milk in it on my walk or my Protein drink because I usually walk from a half an hour to an hour and I need the liquid and to replace what I'm burning up.

I have to tell you, I used to be thin because I never ate breakfast and barely ate lunch and only ate good food at supper. I was very active, drank tons of black coffee, and ate candy bars in the afternoon and a good supper at night. But I felt guilty because people said I wasn't eating right so I added more food earlier in the day. And I started gaining weight, probably because the ketosis that happens when you have a long period of time between meals, wasn't happening anymore.

This is why I don't judge other people's methods of losing weight, or insist that they do it my way. But I know I never felt good after eating Cereal or oatmeal or pancakes or even eggs and bacon for breakfast when I was a kid. If I'd never listened to the "diet police" and stuck with what worked for me, I might never have gained the weight.

Cheri

My doc says, don't worry about breakfast--if you're not hungry, don't eat.

My house is clean--everyone come over now!

Actually, I am having 3 ladies that I act with over for dinner....I am making Italian--chicken parm, caesar salad, spaghetti, garlic bread, mozarella sticks with marinara sauce---think I have enough carbs?? ACK!!! Tomorrow may be a Protein Drink day.

For those who work--TGIF!!

So the good thing about not working is time to get myself back on track.

I have been through this phase like a million times but ladies should I do the 5 day or just start right with Janet's food menu she posted. I need to get off the self pity pot with my eating and back on the program no excuses it is just me and what I have in the house so no outside influences.

My DH said last night I should take my band out because I can pb at dinner I had a crazy taco salad at a mexican resturant but then got a desert and no problems. Then had two Cookies he brought home. I first I thought he was being mean but he was just trying to say you spent all this money and you are eating crap.

So lets refocus myself.

My med change has made me feel good so I am not down just the carb sugar curse got me again okay well the truth still has me

Still having internet problems...here is my post from last night...want to get it in, then I'll try and do catch up....if it works....sorry.

I still don't think it's working...I'm trying to read one thread and post on another and I can't load the 2nd brower. Dang, It makes it really hard to write comments back.

Laura, I think Tucson has one of those pipe bars on 4th Ave. Of course that is close to the university and you can find just about everything.

Apples, welcome back. Glad to hear your parts are healing, including your teeth. How many more appointments on that? You have more b**ls than any man I know dealing with the pain like you do. But you said pain meds make you hurl, didn't you? That might stop me too....hurling is bad, very bad. Off to the lake again tomorrow?

Lori, Maui is really nice and very diversified. It has desert and rain forest. There are some very nice restaurants in town. We spent Thanksgiving there one year (two of the people I'm going to Argentina with) and another person that we didn't like. But the island was wonderful. You have to go to Hana.

Julie, you do a great job of posting to everyone. Your appointment is getting closer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Sounds like your daughter is doing the right thing even if it does mean she doesn't need you as much. She does still need you but not in the same way. I hope she is happy with her family addition and it adds to your life, not subtracts from it.

Jessica, I'm so excited for you and the start of your school. As busy as you'll be, it will help you grow and your confidence will grow too. When I job search, I see lots of nursing jobs so you'll know you can always take care of yourself with this education.

Linda, you do write wonderful posts and it is always so nice that you take time to address each one of us. I know you have long days too and a lot on your plate, but seem to make time for us.

Charlene, how's the walking going? You are doing better than me. I just can't get out and walk in 104 deg. weather. I also think I need another pair of walking shoes. They seem to wear out so fast. I have my eye on a pair at one of the stores close to work, so maybe tomorrow I'll go try them on.

Janet, how's the workout going? Are you exercising 5 days a week? You must have a ton of energy.

Hello to everyone else I missed. This is from memory and those on this page only, it's all I can see. Dang computer.

Cheri, has class started yet?

Judy, how was your trip?

Have a good night!

Eva, I just walked in a pair of Propet shoes that felt good in the house.....Yikes! They hurt. I will be going to hunt for a new pair of wide width walking shoes. I have to get this bunion fixed, but I am trying to wait till December. My back doctor said he would do it as long as it is simple....whatever that means.

I hope you get your DSL fixed.....been missing ya!

Good Evening Gang

Gwen - here's the 5 day pouch test link Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Cheri - You make realize that my Andrew drama isn't anything compared to yours - Hugs

Jessica - I agree w/other you really should only eat when you are hungry not just cuz it's meal time - I do that a lot on the weekends cuz I am busy all day - it's funny I can miss bf lunch on the weekend - but at work - I never miss lunch - and mostly never miss bf either.. But like I said - I do fuel with both Water & some complex carbs before I exercise..

Charlene how's the cream working ;0) - I have some dermafreeze stuff I got at Marshalls - I don't think it really does any better than my normal lotion- well I don't have normal lotion - I have about 10 diff kinds :0) - but as long as my hands are well mositurized the hands don't look super bad - but I gotta say - I have noticed how thin my skin has gotten and wrinkled my hands are.. Glad you had a pair of shoes that fit - Gotta keep walking and getting back to healthy eating..

Melissa - Hugs Glad to hear you are going to start taking care of you - Your DH wasn't being mean - (well why did he buy cookies) it's true - you have the tool but you are eating around it..

I'm a little pooped right now - been up since 4:30 and it's 7:30 so I don't want to ramble - maybe tomorrow I will think of something great to help motivate you - but right now the brain is sorta dead ;0)

Judy - Enjoy your visit w/your girl friends -

Julie - Well 9/9 is just around the corner... Hugs on Mimi's teeth - does DD make sure she brushes..

Eva - no exercise for 3 days Thrus Friday Sat - but going 2 x Sunday (turbo kick boxing & Pilos) - 1 x Monday (weights arms - 1 x Tues (bootcamp)- 2 x Wed (weigh legs & yoga) = 6 day ...

I hear ya on the too hot to walk - it was like 110 today and we have been humid - It's the reason I go to the gym.. I don't my sweating - I hate being HOT.. There is a diff..

Well gang - I am pooped like I said been up since 4:30 (dogs of course) and why go back to bed when the alarm goes off at 5 - got to work at 7 - left at 3:30 took Bella to get her stitches out - didn't get home til 5:30 - Animal Samaratens is just like going to the doc - Had 4:20 appointment - they told me to be there by 4 - was there at 4 didn't see the doc til after 5 ...

Got the dogs fed now I need to feed me..

Cbl