Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet,

I just got my first fill this morning--it was 1.75 cc. Is that about the normal for a first fill. I am supposed to stay on liquids for two days so I don't know about any restriction as of yet. This fill was not a problem even though I did have to have two sticks. The pain is very minimal.

Jill

Hi to all today. Just checking in on Indio's thread to see how everyone is doing. Long, your gallbladder surgery will be just fine. I will pray for you. I myself am doing good. Walking 1.2 miles every day and eating pretty well. I still don't know if I have restriction yet because for one thing, I haven't tried to get overly full. Last night went out to Pasta House for dinner. Had 1/3 of salad, small eggplant parmesean (I skinned it first) and 1/4 c spaghetti. My sister said she thought I didn't eat enough dinner but I was just right. Not full at all so glad I stopped eating. It was soo good that I wanted to finish it all but I did not. For Breakfast yesterday I had 3 sausage links, one fried egg with one slice of light cheese and I was full all day until dinner. Also I had a Protein bullet in between. That was it for yesterday, so, am I restricted or do I need to be eating less. Glad everyone is doing well so far.:tt2:

Beckyo

Ellen -

I'm with you on being afraid to eat. I was banded 7/21 and will be on full liquids one more week. Then on to blender food. I still can't tell if I'm full when I drink a Protein shake, but I'm not ever hungry. The gas is going away slowly, but not fast enough!!

Beckyo - when were you banded? I'm interested that you are able to eat and stop without feeling full. I eat out alot and passing on good food will be hard for me without restriction.

- Kathy

Hi to all today. Just checking in on Indio's thread to see how everyone is doing. Long, your gallbladder surgery will be just fine. I will pray for you. I myself am doing good. Walking 1.2 miles every day and eating pretty well. I still don't know if I have restriction yet because for one thing, I haven't tried to get overly full. Last night went out to Pasta House for dinner. Had 1/3 of salad, small eggplant parmesean (I skinned it first) and 1/4 c spaghetti. My sister said she thought I didn't eat enough dinner but I was just right. Not full at all so glad I stopped eating. It was soo good that I wanted to finish it all but I did not. For Breakfast yesterday I had 3 sausage links, one fried egg with one slice of light cheese and I was full all day until dinner. Also I had a Protein bullet in between. That was it for yesterday, so, am I restricted or do I need to be eating less. Glad everyone is doing well so far.:tt2:

Beckyo

It's a lot more than I am able to eat in one sitting, but don't know if it's too much. How did you do with the salad? I was told that was off limits as lettuce gets stuck too easily, though if I never can eat another salad that would be fine by me! LOL But yet when I go to lunch with friends or something sometimes it's the easiest thing to get so was curious.

Boos, I was banded June 18th and really just started getting hungry. As much as I wanted to finish my meal at the restaurant I still am partially afraid to get sick so I don't push it. I probably could have eaten the whole meal but don't want to stretch my band before my first fill and I ate just until comfortable. Long, the salad came first and I ate a portion of it. I never had any problems with salad so far but chewed real well. But, remember, I have not even had a fill yet. My MAJOR problem is not slowing down. I can't get a handle on that. I want to gulp Water down and eat fast. I am trying to slow down but that is the hardest part for me.

Beckyo:rolleyes2:

Kathy, you said you were banded July 21st, my day, too. How is your recovery coming? I hear about these people who are running around already and that isn't me sadly. I try to do a few things and walk a little in the morning. By afternoon, I'm pooped! I still have gas, but all in all am improving everyday. I also guess it's time to use benefiber!

Janet, I tried your link on page 17, but it didn't work for me. I'd love to chart my progress. How do I do that? Where do I click?

Lori, 5 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I guess I have to start measuring now, too.

Thanks,

Ellen, a not too computer savvy new friend

Hey Janet, hope you had or are still having a great time in Minnesota!

I had my first PB today!!! In a way I was excited. It was a reminder, yep I have a band and yep it's working, even if I don't think it is. It was all my fault for being careless. In more ways than one. DH is installing hardwood floors in our dining/family room areas. He had to return a rental tool, I needed to go with as he wanted me to choose the stain color, we had to go to Walmart for some stuff to bring to a family dinner tonight, etc. etc. etc. Well we were starving after all this. There was an Arby's so we stop there. I am thinking okay I'll count this as my '10% off plan' that my dr. allows and got the popcorn chicken. Chicken okay but probably not the breading and stuff. anyway I ate way too fast, they were spicey, and I forgot my water bottle. Yes I know no drinking with meals so not that big a problem. Till I got that stuck feeling. I took a sip of hubby's diet coke, okay maybe a gulp. it tasted so good as I have not had even a sip in 2 mos. Not sure if it was the bite size I took, the fastness that I ate, or the gulp of carbonated diet coke. But up it came right there in Arby's. Luckily I had a napkin. My daughter and husband thought I was crazy for actually being glad it happened. ha ha I tell ya it won't happen again in the near future. It was a good lesson though as I am having less and less restriction since my fill but there's still some there and that doens't mean I can eat like my head sometimes says it wants to.

Long, how many fills have you had? I haven't had a pb yet and hope I don't but like I said, it is very hard for me to slow down with eating or drinking. I think I need a fill because I am hungry all the time. Janet, are you back yet? Hope you had a good time with with all the bandsters and hope you got to do some good shopping. Today I went swimming for a while and tonight I will go for a walk after dinner. Am doing okay but will write more later. I am glad the new bandsters are doing good with their band.

Beckyo:tt2:

Long, how many fills have you had? I haven't had a pb yet and hope I don't but like I said, it is very hard for me to slow down with eating or drinking. I think I need a fill because I am hungry all the time. Janet, are you back yet? Hope you had a good time with with all the bandsters and hope you got to do some good shopping. Today I went swimming for a while and tonight I will go for a walk after dinner. Am doing okay but will write more later. I am glad the new bandsters are doing good with their band.

Beckyo:tt2:

Only one fill so far. I am hoping to get my 2nd fill on Wed. but depends on what the dr. says due to my upcoming gall bladder surgery.

Ellen - the first few days were really bad, but yesterday and today are better - along with an afternoon nap! Back to work tomorrow. It will be interesting.

This is my first day on full liquids. One cup of Soup and I was full. Weird feeling.

Long - I fear that I'll have the same experience (PB). I have such a hard time thinking I won't be able to drink with meals anymore. Also, even though I have been practicing I know slowing down will be hard too.

Great to be able to hear how everyone is doing. Janet, hope you had a good time at the Mall of America.

Kathy

I went to ticker factory and created one for myself, but no matter what I do, I can't get it on to this website. Would someone be so kind as to walk me through how I do this? I feel like such an idiot. Thanks a million.

Love,

Ellen

P.S. Hubby took me to the mall (not to shop!), but to walk. We walked for about an hour and I've been pooped the rest of the day. There is something to be said for moderation!!!!

Only one fill so far. I am hoping to get my 2nd fill on Wed. but depends on what the dr. says due to my upcoming gall bladder surgery.

Hey, Long, is this where all of y'all are hanging out? I miss Janet and Phyll. Where is Phyll? Don't be surprised if they put your band fill on hold. I hope you get this over with....soon!

Hey, Long, is this where all of y'all are hanging out? I miss Janet and Phyll. Where is Phyll? Don't be surprised if they put your band fill on hold. I hope you get this over with....soon!

Nope I go both places. Janet really helps a lot of us out here. Join in! I know Janet is in Minnesota meeting up with her "lucky 7's band mates' from here on LBT. Not sure where Phyl is, maybe she's a Lucky 7 too???

I was very surprised the other day when I logged into the Realize Band web site and a message popped up that my weight seemed to be at a plateau and I needed to revise my eating plan and contact my surgeon! I knew they moniterd progress, but I didn't know they really watched you!

Sooooo! I took a really good look and can cut some things out. I don't think I am ready for another fill yet, I come too close to getting things stuck now. I have to sit and wait and it seems like the band relaxes and I can continue to eat then.

Perhaps, I am doing it wrong. Perhaps my band is still not quite tight enough to stop the food from slipping through right away and once it gets lubricated with a little food then it lets it go down. Does that sound reasonable? It is always at the first bite that I do that.

Well, I will get back, I am working and students need help!

Ellen -

I think Janet posted the directions at one point but I couldn't find them. Once you make your ticker you cut and paste the entire code into your signature box. That's where I got caught up.

- Kathy