Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all!

I'm feeling better today. It was so nice tuesday I went for a 45 min walk. I guess alittle to much wind and got an ear ache. Even missed my exercise yesterday but back on track today. Holly

Banded 1/29/09 exc13/26

weight.png[/img]

Hi all!

I'm feeling better today. It was so nice tuesday I went for a 45 min walk. I guess alittle to much wind and got an ear ache. Even missed my exercise yesterday but back on track today. Holly

Banded 1/29/09 exc13/26

weight.png[/img]

Holly...happy to hear that you are feeling better. You just wait until you lose the next 47...you'll be running circles around everyone. Ear aches are no fun and happy you are done with that.

Hi everyone........stormed in here. Did get out for my CAT scan this morning and right back. About 1/4 mile visibility and now I can barely see across the yard. We are supposed to get 10-11 inches by 6pm. Just part of living in the north. Gives me a chance to get my baking done and maybe some cleaning. Maybe watch a movie with DH this evening. Take advantage of being stormed in with him cuz he's already deep into getting ready to farm and might not really see much of him till Dec.

Evening all ~ just checking in, just got home from work, long day and I'm exhausted. Not a bad eating day usual morning SB, yogurt, lunch - cobb salad (couldn't eat most of it) went out with work colleague and shared vanilla bean cheesecake, let him eat most :), dinner - chicken and small salad. Does anyone have problems getting on the forum through Google? Have had problems last couple of nights - ending using some other browser. Yes, I definitely know where my port is, can feel it with finger; besides whoever stitched me up left a small strand of stitching on the outside:huh2: tried to pull it, but figured I would let doc know at next appt. didn't do treadmill today, but did 50 sit-ups. that's it for now. Great night to all.

Hey Sharons....sounds like you had a pretty good day. I guess I would leave that port stitch for the doc also. Things like that creep me out. I can handle pain but I cannot look at a stitch coming out of an incision!

I admire anyone that does ANY # of sit-ups. Keep goin' girl!!!

BLOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone:

For the past few days I have been very bloated in the afternoons. I am still on liquids so nothing has changed there. It is just that I get major "gas" pain right below the band....But it is not gas per se. I have walked every afternoon for about 45 minutes and it does not go away... Pepcid and Gas-X does nothing for it either....

Any suggestions????

Laurie

Your port is where the cut is/was to insert it - it should be right under that scar...

Mine is about 4 inches above my belly button off to the left side (between my boob & belly button)

Ant - Call your doctor - my gas pain was in my shoulder not in my band area... Are you eating low sodium broth - when do you go on full liquids - no straws right???

Holly - Hugs for the ear ache - that and tooth aches are the very worst pain... Great on your walking...

Sharon - Ya I had a tough day too... WTG on the sit ups..

I don't do them much either - like I said some crunches at the gym but nothing major.

food today - Breakfast - Red Pear - lunch 4 oz fish - 1 cup butternut squash - 1/3 c rice - dinner - I don't have the faintist - like I said tough day at work and now I gotta open bills :)...

Oh ya Apples - what are you baking - when will you know the results of the scan... Have you told us what you guys farm???

Hey gang! Sounds like everyone is doing well today (Thurs). Yesterday I went to Dr and got a Z pack and some other things for this cold. I am feeling better today so far. Today I helped dh tear up my kitchen (I said bye bye to that old stove) tee hee!!! There is nothing in my kitchen right now so we will see how eating goes. I start care giving on Sunday for a lady that is getting out of Hospital. I will be staying over there for two weeks to begin with for day and night straight. I will have two hours a day to go do what I need to day soooo One hour will be to go home and shower, etc and one hour will be to go walk. I will have to haul A$$$. My dh will be working on the kitchen. I hate to miss all of that but can't pass up the money. I get alot of calls for this kind of work but can't take them all. I am going to take my own groceries over there so I can have my food that I need. My scales are going up the same pound and down for a few days or week now. I don't think I am eating enough. Today I had powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and skim milk for b, coffee and fruit. lunch was cottage cheese and brussel sprouts and supper was 1/4 c spaghetti. Today I was stuffed on all of that. *I love those quaker rice cakes in the ranch so if I need a salty item thats what I eat. That is really the only thing I crave is something crunchy. It rained all day today so I didn't get to walk outside today. See you all tomorrow.

Beckyo

Hi I'm getting banded on March 4....nervous,scared, and excited. I am very hopeful that this will be a new beginning for me. I live in Oceanside, Ca and would love to have a buddy to lean on.

Hey gang! Sounds like everyone is doing well today (Thurs). Yesterday I went to Dr and got a Z pack and some other things for this cold. I am feeling better today so far. Today I helped dh tear up my kitchen (I said bye bye to that old stove) tee hee!!! There is nothing in my kitchen right now so we will see how eating goes. I start care giving on Sunday for a lady that is getting out of Hospital. I will be staying over there for two weeks to begin with for day and night straight. I will have two hours a day to go do what I need to day soooo One hour will be to go home and shower, etc and one hour will be to go walk. I will have to haul A$$$. My dh will be working on the kitchen. I hate to miss all of that but can't pass up the money. I get alot of calls for this kind of work but can't take them all. I am going to take my own groceries over there so I can have my food that I need. My scales are going up the same pound and down for a few days or week now. I don't think I am eating enough. Today I had unjury and skim milk for b, coffee and fruit. lunch was cottage cheese and brussel sprouts and supper was 1/4 c spaghetti. Today I was stuffed on all of that. *I love those quaker rice cakes in the ranch so if I need a salty item thats what I eat. That is really the only thing I crave is something crunchy. It rained all day today so I didn't get to walk outside today. See you all tomorrow.

Beckyo

Becky - I would love if you would get away from the Protein shakes - you gotta eat real food - get your protien from real food not supplements - but again this is my personal opionion but my doc wants us banders to eat real food - not supplements - sometimes they are needed but not every day..

I agree you may not be eating enough - do you do eggs or egg beater - make 1/4 cup add some cheese & ham or bacon-

Snack - some kind of Protein - maybe a bar 190c for 19 or 20 pt grms

Lunch - do you do tuna - tuna and lite mayo & mustard and onion

Snack - string cheese

dinner - 4 oz of meat and veggies

Snack - sf pudding

You can't shower there where you are taking care of the lady?? that would give you an extra hour for stuff you need to do...

Hi I'm getting banded on March 4....nervous,scared, and excited. I am very hopeful that this will be a new beginning for me. I live in Oceanside, Ca and would love to have a buddy to lean on.

Mobo - WELCOME !!!

Yes it's normal to be scared and excited all at the same time - we all were..

#1 Rule - take hope out of your vocabulary replace it with WILL - This will be a new beginning for you...

You are just over the mountain from me - My GF DD lives in San Marcos or is it Vista - one on the 2...

Of course you can join our group - we would LOVE to have you...

Ok gang - I'm signing off - as you all know I was up early (before 4:30) I still don't know what I am eating for dinner - I think tuna or a grilled cheese (2%) sandwich on lite bread..

Sweet Dreams - Talk to you all tomorrow... Hugs J

I everyone. Sharons, I had trouble getting on here Wednes. night too, and I've never had any problems before. Tonight it was just fine. I was able to log on to other web sites, so it must have been something specifically to do with this one. Anyway, I had to go to lunch today with one of my friends. We live in a small town and have very few choices for restaurants, so I agreed to go to one of the family style restaurants. I wanted to order the baked cod, but I asked if I could have it without the "butter sauce" and was told "no". LOL. So, instead I just ordered the vegetable Soup. I hate it when restaurants won't accommodate your wishes. It seemed a simple enough request. Oh well. I work out 3 days a week, Mon.., Wed. and Friday. I ride a recumbant bike (I've worked up to 30 mins.), then circuit training and then a Water aerobics class. I am tired when done, but enjoy not having to go every day to the gym, so prefer this schedule. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I walk the dog, weather permitting. Catfish was on sale here this week, so I tried the recipe where you rinse the fish, season with salt and pepper and then dip it in the cornmeal coating and then bake it. For extra crunch, i broiled it the last few seconds and it really helped crisp it up -- tasted just as good to me as fried. I made my own tarter sauce with low fat mayo, relish, onion and lemon juice. I've been eating a lot of green Beans with vinegar - I like them that way (keeps me from wanting butter on them), and I can make up a bunch and have them with my meals. I'm just to the point where I can have real food, but haven't tried any real meat yet -- I've had salmon, fish, tuna and some boca/morning star meats (which are soft) and a lot of beans but am a little worried about real meat. I guess I'll take the plunge in the next couple of days. Better do it before my first fill on 3/11. Hope you all have a great Friday. Linda

Yes, I have had problems getting on this site the last two evenings. I have better luck in the mornings. I had steak last night it was so good. I took Janets advice and chewed alot and ate very slow. I am still full this morning not wanting anything. Felt it all night almost to the point of uncomfort. I think I will only have steak once in a great while.

Welcome, to all new banders and soon to be!

Janet, love seeing what you are eating. A grilled cheese? All this time when someone said they were having tuna I thought on salad or soda cracker wasn't thinking SANDWICH...

Also I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and it was 30grams Protein then with lunch and dinner my protein ended up 87 grams for the day. Appreciate you so much Janet your advice to Becky was to me also. I need better planning.

To all, have a good day! Holly

Banded 1/29/09 exercised 14 out of 27 days

weight.png[/img]

I everyone. Sharons, I had trouble getting on here Wednes. night too, and I've never had any problems before. Tonight it was just fine. I was able to log on to other web sites, so it must have been something specifically to do with this one. Anyway, I had to go to lunch today with one of my friends. We live in a small town and have very few choices for restaurants, so I agreed to go to one of the family style restaurants. I wanted to order the baked cod, but I asked if I could have it without the "butter sauce" and was told "no". LOL. So, instead I just ordered the vegetable Soup. I hate it when restaurants won't accommodate your wishes. It seemed a simple enough request. Oh well. I work out 3 days a week, Mon.., Wed. and Friday. I ride a recumbant bike (I've worked up to 30 mins.), then circuit training and then a Water aerobics class. I am tired when done, but enjoy not having to go every day to the gym, so prefer this schedule. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I walk the dog, weather permitting. Catfish was on sale here this week, so I tried the recipe where you rinse the fish, season with salt and pepper and then dip it in the cornmeal coating and then bake it. For extra crunch, i broiled it the last few seconds and it really helped crisp it up -- tasted just as good to me as fried. I made my own tarter sauce with low fat mayo, relish, onion and lemon juice. I've been eating a lot of green Beans with vinegar - I like them that way (keeps me from wanting butter on them), and I can make up a bunch and have them with my meals. I'm just to the point where I can have real food, but haven't tried any real meat yet -- I've had salmon, fish, tuna and some boca/morning star meats (which are soft) and a lot of Beans but am a little worried about real meat. I guess I'll take the plunge in the next couple of days. Better do it before my first fill on 3/11. Hope you all have a great Friday. Linda

Linda - I spray my fish with pam after coating and it helps crisp it up - but ya - it's just as good as fried... I use "I can't beleive it's butter spray on my veggies & starches and a little of the I can't beleive it's butter margine - you do have to have some fat in your diet - and my hair dresses says that's the reason pple lose their hair - lack of fat not the Protein issue (cuz we do get enought)

Yes you need to eat some meat or chicken prior to fill - not everyone has to have fills right away - for some just the band being in place provides enough restriction..

All we do is read about fills - In some ways I think we pay too much attention to the # of cc's in our bands - that's not important (cuz for each of us it's going to be diff)

We think we have to have tons of fills - well you know what - once you do hit your sweet spot - you aren't suppose to need any more - I haven't had a fill in over a year and I only had 3..

You need to pay attention to your restriction - how much you can eat (hard Proteins not soft or mushies) that's what dictates if you need a fill - it's not if you haven't lost weight you could have perfect restriction but not lose any weight due to the food choice you make...

Also, some days you can eat more than other - don't ask me why - but it's true - One day you can eat more than usual then think Oh I need a fill then a few days later you can barely eat 4 oz of something - We do have to have control/disleplend in what we eat and how much even with the band - it doesn't make our food choices - So if one day you ate 3 pieces of pizza or 3 pieces of cake - don't assume you need a fill - Say to your self - I need to make better choices..

When I go to restaurant - I usually just order off the menu - since I don't do it often - I don't worry as much about with or without butter - I just try and order the healthiest that I can - Well most of the time

Yes, I have had problems getting on this site the last two evenings. I have better luck in the mornings. I had steak last night it was so good. I took Janets advice and chewed alot and ate very slow. I am still full this morning not wanting anything. Felt it all night almost to the point of uncomfort. I think I will only have steak once in a great while.

Welcome, to all new banders and soon to be!

Janet, love seeing what you are eating. A grilled cheese? All this time when someone said they were having tuna I thought on salad or soda cracker wasn't thinking SANDWICH...

Also I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and it was 30grams Protein then with lunch and dinner my protein ended up 87 grams for the day. Appreciate you so much Janet your advice to Becky was to me also. I need better planning.

To all, have a good day! Holly

[/img]

Yep Holly - you can't put so much pressure on yourself about the exercise issue - cuz if you do it will become a chore and you aren't going to want to do it - as as you get healthier you will want to exercise more - as it will get easier and as you lose the weight - you will have to up the intensity to burn the same amount of calories as you are now.

I don't eat sandwiches often - but do every few months as I wll get a taste for them - I use either WW bread or Sara Lee light - and 2% cheese -

Last night I ended up having an egg sandwich - 1 fried egg 1 & 1/2 pieces of bacon and 1 slice 2% cheese (bread 90 c (toasted) - egg 90 c bacon 35c - Cheese 45 c - total 260)

-------------------------------------------------------;

TGIF GANG !!!!! 3 more weekends til my cruise..... I can't wait... Taking GS shopping this weekend - I don't want him looking like a little ganstar on this cruise - He's not but you know how kids dress now a days - and this is when my age shows - I hate the baggy crap - he is not overly baggy but some of his shirts are bigger than I would like -

Well, that also means 3 week to clean up my desk - so I better get in gear....

Good food choices pple - and I will cbl

TGIF! I'm so glad it's the weekend. I'm having a good week with food. Went for a doc appt yesterday and went down on the scale - finally! He still won't put a fill in so I'm working on my "behavioral issues". Day 3 of no sugar... except maybe alcohol if I have it. So far so good.

On another scary note, I ran into a woman I have gotten to know at our monthly support groups. She's had the band a year and already it has eroded so it was removed. She is devastated. Doc said he won't put another one in. I felt so bad for her.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

Kathy

TGIF! I'm so glad it's the weekend. I'm having a good week with food. Went for a doc appt yesterday and went down on the scale - finally! He still won't put a fill in so I'm working on my "behavioral issues". Day 3 of no sugar... except maybe alcohol if I have it. So far so good.

On another scary note, I ran into a woman I have gotten to know at our monthly support groups. She's had the band a year and already it has eroded so it was removed. She is devastated. Doc said he won't put another one in. I felt so bad for her.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

Kathy

Congrats Kathy - WTG :(

You gave up sugar for lent - so no alcohol - it has sugar:lol:

The eroded issue scares me - I know one lady here who had it happen like in 6 months..

Hope you have a good weekend too..

--------------------------------------------------------

I guess everyone else is having a hard time getting to LBT site...

I have tried all night - (well got home around 6) but from 6 to 9:10 - I couldn't get here - been playing pathword on FB..

Now my eyes are dead...

Well not much to report on - and as I said I guess no one else could get here today... I don't know what's up with that...

Well, I am going to go watch some tv...

Talk to you all in the morning

Hi everyone, I've been absent for a couple days.. Not only is my computer going crazy, but so is my life.. Late yesterday afternoon I was just finishing with my granddaughter for the day when I got a call that my mother had passed out in the grocery store... She had left my house about 15 minutes earlier and seemed just fine.. So I rushed up there (small town so it only took a few minutes!).. Ambulance to Bismarck (40 miles)...emergency room for hours (jumped up too fast when called and my knee gave out so I took an embarrassing fall in the waiting room...Yeah!!!) lots of questions until they finally decided to put her in the hospital..... They think she had a seizure.. Got home at 1:30 am and then more today.... Still now concrete answers. But if it is a seizure and duely noted on her records that way, no driving for 6 months by ND state law.... This will have a definite impact on my life if she can't drive for 6 months... But she seems to be feeling okay, just frustrated about what is happening to her....... SO, I think I'm fine, but a bit frazzled.. There's always something to keep us on our toes it seems...

Apples, we didn't get that bad storm, thank goodness... 35 below wind chills, but not much snow.. We were on the edge of it.. Hope you are plowed out by this time...

Everyone have a good weekend... I'll be back if I can... Take care.......Julie