Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thank you Long2bethin I will look into the videos. I am back to working out. I rode my stationary bike for 45 min tonight. Since my 2nd fill last Friday. I am just not able to eat much. I am getting in about 900 - 1100 calories. My doctor wants me to stay at 1200 but its just not happening. I still need to work on eating slower...that is just such a bad habbit to break.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL!

I was a lb shy of losing 10lbs on the Valentine Challenge. So, I am moving on to an Easter Challenge. I hope all of you have a GREAT DAY!

8_8_57.gif

Thank you Long2bethin I will look into the videos. I am back to working out. I rode my stationary bike for 45 min tonight. Since my 2nd fill last Friday. I am just not able to eat much. I am getting in about 900 - 1100 calories. My doctor wants me to stay at 1200 but its just not happening. I still need to work on eating slower...that is just such a bad habbit to break.

No problem, Rose, I was in a hurry yesterday and not much time to post but did want to get that out there for you. It's the first exercise program I have stuck to, and I really see and feel the results of (probably cause I stuck to it).

scale is up for me today a couple pounds, guess I did too much Valentines celebrating. We went to dinner on Friday night and then movies last night. And if you know me and popcorn then you know I had popcorn at the movie. today we stopped at my daughters job (she's a wedding planner at a Doubletree Hotel) and well you know how Doubletree has those Cookies so I had one of those. GRRRR Okay celebrating is over!

Plan for the rest of the day is to start working on taxes!! UGH!!

Hello Ladies, I'm looking for help getting back on track, I'm not even sure where to start. Banded Feb. 2007. Was happy, and losing. . slowly. I would do it again and again. But for the last year I have just maintained. DH broke his hip, I had to take over his jobs. Takeout, fast-food and what ever would go down easy. . Finally went back to Drs."I haven't seen you in 14mos!" he put in the smallest amount to see how I would do. I go see the nutrionist in 2 weeks and the Dr. right after my visit with her. I'm suppose to keep a food chart for 5 days. She will have a fit:scared2:. I eat to fast, swallow food whole, then pb. Bonnie

Janet,

Mom & I really enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you Saturday morning. Thanks for making the time to meet, it was so nice to meet you. Also....thanks for the talk you gave me, I promise to stick to the deal I made with you on the 3 days before work. :thumbup: You have helped me alot.

Also....YOU LOOK FABULOUS !! I hope someday to look as good as you do. Ladies....she is Gorgeous. !!

Hope you had a nice weekend and safe trip home.

Hugs,

Pj

Hi kids...sitting in a hotel by the Orlando airport. Fly out in the morning. Had best vacation ever....now back to reality. Being in the forest, we did not always have wireless service and NO phone service. Worked OK though. Gave us a break from it all. I did miss getting on whenever I wanted to visit my LB threads but will be back full force this week.

Have been trying to catch up on reading my threads this evening.

Anxious to weigh in on my home scale. We bought a cheap scale to have at our cabin and just left it there. Not sure how close it weighs to my scale at home but think I lost 8lbs on vacation. (Not welcome weight loss but still within a healthy weight). I get really tight when I fly and takes me about 4-5 days to get back to normal. Hoping flight home is better to me than flight down. Am thinking that I will throw some protien drinks and yogart into my diet this week to make up for lost calories. Maintenance can be difficult.

Had to ship a huge box back to my home. Knew that I would be over the weight limit on my suitcases if I didn't. We found that the shopping was waaaaaaay too much fun!

Take care. Hope everyone is doing well. Have missed our daily conversations.

Hey gang, haven't been on for a few days. My password wouldn't work for some reason but it is okay now. Thanks for all of the input on the cruises. It all sounds good to me, even Alaska. Have been working on dining room. DH put new ceramic tile on floor, etc. We have two corner china cabinets and I tweaked them a little bit. Changed the crown on them and changed the modern glass to some old wavy glass. They are really gorgeous now. They each have 9 panes in them so they are pretty. Next comes the kitchen. I had a fill last Tuesday and still on full liquids. ONe more day and then I can go on mushies. For some reason I have been sick at my stomach a little. Course I got a head cold so that might be doing it. Finally got to 63 lbs since the fill though:thumbup:, *I was teetering between 591/2 - 60 for a month or so. Glad to be past that. It sure seems like it is going slower now. gkids came over today. We had fun. gave all of them their Valentines. they always love that. Talk with you all soon.

Beckyo

Hi All ~ Missed a few days of reading/posting:eek: All is going fairly well. In spite of the horrible week I had at work last week, I did manage to lose 5lbs:w00t: Although I hope not to do this week, what I did last week. I literally did not eat much of anything - not a healthy way to lose weight at all; and boy was irritable:cursing: Yesterday I had my first real meals since surgery. I didn't eat much food, but I felt almost normal again. I actually was shocked at how little dinner I had, but it was a balanced meal and I didn't feel hungry at all a couple of hours later. I seem to do much better when my meals are high in Fiber and Protein. Starchy foods really give me problems in terms of gas/constipation.

I have to start an exercise plan, my idea to join the fitness challenge at work last week - went straight to he**. I just can't get my head into exercise after work and hate to get up really early in the morning. I know, I know - excuses, excuses. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Seems like everyone is on, taking or coming back from a vacation. Please enjoy yourselves and talk with you soon.

I'm Back............ Tired but back..... Can't believe how much traveling really takes out of you... I guess the hustle & bustle of getting to and from an airport in a strange town - rushing from one terminal to another - Plane landed in Phoenix at 5:10 - My next plane for Palm Springs left at 5:45 and I had to rush from terminal A to B - food choices - OMG I have gained 3 lbs... I ate too many sweets - My aunt had Oreo Cookies - I had a couple of candy bars and at the airport trail mix..

It was wonderful to met PJ & her Mom. She is great and so was here Mom - I will post pic later - I am still waking up and on my 1st cup of coffee..

and ladies I want you all to give examples of what you eat - I know there is a food thread - but she needs help in our age group (well not everyone one here is older but most of us are) I know Becky posts what she eats but we all need to help - she needs some Ideas on how to eat healthy - she has restriction but needs healthy food ideas... So Please join me in helping her get ideas of good tasting healthy foods...

And starting this very day - I will be back to my healthy and going to the gym twice today - morning for treadmill and then this afternoon for my weight training.... And most of all no more sweets....

Also at a retirement home you would think the would have healthier food choices - spagh & meat ball - fish but cooked in some sauce - fried okra - and tons of Desserts - Mash tatos - chicken Fired steak and some dried out hamburger patties..

Ok and now I am scared of getting old - my Aunt is 93 and I think she's just plan a$$ tired of living - she has some 2 great girls to help her - but her body is giving out on her and I think this maybe the last time I see her - She is positive for the most part - I got her up and walking around on Friday - but Sat her tummy was hurting her but did get her down for lunch and the computer room so I could print my boarding pass for Sunday.. But she pretty much just wants to sit in her chair - and she is having major teeth problems... She is talking about implants - but at her age I don't know if the dentist would do them..

I did feel quite young being around all those older pple - and some are getting around quite well... So Ladies losing the weight now is really going to help us as the years progress..

Rose - Yes eating fast & not chewing is the biggest problem for most of us... And it takes time - but I know that if I eat slow I can eat - if I eat 3 bites to fast then I will pb.. or get stuck and I want to be able to eat - so for the most part I have learned to slow down

Glad you are exercising - and your calories are good - don't sweat it - that you aren't getting 1200 - the calories you are getting are a good amount..

No problem, Rose, I was in a hurry yesterday and not much time to post but did want to get that out there for you. It's the first exercise program I have stuck to, and I really see and feel the results of (probably cause I stuck to it).

Scale is up for me today a couple pounds, guess I did too much Valentines celebrating. We went to dinner on Friday night and then movies last night. And if you know me and popcorn then you know I had popcorn at the movie. today we stopped at my daughters job (she's a wedding planner at a Doubletree Hotel) and well you know how Doubletree has those Cookies so I had one of those. GRRRR Okay celebrating is over!

Plan for the rest of the day is to start working on taxes!! UGH!!

Long - I get you on the sweets - I had too many too - and yes it's back to eating healthy - I will go food shopping after the gym this morning and nothing unhealthy will get in my basket...

Hello Ladies, I'm looking for help getting back on track, I'm not even sure where to start. Banded Feb. 2007. Was happy, and losing. . slowly. I would do it again and again. But for the last year I have just maintained. DH broke his hip, I had to take over his jobs. Takeout, fast-food and what ever would go down easy. . Finally went back to Drs."I haven't seen you in 14mos!" he put in the smallest amount to see how I would do. I go see the nutrionist in 2 weeks and the Dr. right after my visit with her. I'm suppose to keep a food chart for 5 days. She will have a fit:scared2:. I eat to fast, swallow food whole, then pb. Bonnie

Bonnie - We are here for you girl .... I am a firm believer in tracking food it really really works - I kept a food diary for the 1st year... You are back on track cuz you did go to the doctor - you just have to get your head back in the game cuz this is a lifetime lifestyle change - your Dh's hip is better now I hope and you can now concentrate on you - and what you are eating. Slow down chew :thumbup: bping is bad -

Janet,

Mom & I really enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you Saturday morning. Thanks for making the time to meet, it was so nice to meet you. Also....thanks for the talk you gave me, I promise to stick to the deal I made with you on the 3 days before work. :eek: You have helped me alot.

Also....YOU LOOK FABULOUS !! I hope someday to look as good as you do. Ladies....she is Gorgeous. !!

Hope you had a nice weekend and safe trip home.

Hugs,

Pj

PJ - you can do this I have faith in you - as we talked you started thinking of all the things you could change.. I really believe that you can do this and am Proud of you for making the commitment to exercise in the mornings - I so enjoyed meeting you and your Mom - She is going to be your Janet OK - so listen to her:tongue:

Hi kids...sitting in a hotel by the Orlando airport. Fly out in the morning. Had best vacation ever....now back to reality. Being in the forest, we did not always have wireless service and NO phone service. Worked OK though. Gave us a break from it all. I did miss getting on whenever I wanted to visit my LB threads but will be back full force this week.

Have been trying to catch up on reading my threads this evening.

Anxious to weigh in on my home scale. We bought a cheap scale to have at our cabin and just left it there. Not sure how close it weighs to my scale at home but think I lost 8lbs on vacation. (Not welcome weight loss but still within a healthy weight). I get really tight when I fly and takes me about 4-5 days to get back to normal. Hoping flight home is better to me than flight down. Am thinking that I will throw some protien drinks and yogart into my diet this week to make up for lost calories. Maintenance can be difficult.

Had to ship a huge box back to my home. Knew that I would be over the weight limit on my suitcases if I didn't. We found that the shopping was waaaaaaay too much fun!

Take care. Hope everyone is doing well. Have missed our daily conversations.

Apples sorry vacation is over - but I agree in not being connected 24/7 to t.v. phone Internet etc is a good vacation you gotta give your brain a rest sometime... I wish flying made my band tight - I think it loosens mine up.:biggrin: I wish that I lost weight when I am on vacation but as I said before I tend to eat too many sweets - well on the cruise next month I am taking workout clothes and tennis and going to the gym in the mornings - that one gosh blessed thing I am doing.. So on that vacation I won't gain 3 lbs...

Will be glad to have you back too...

Hey gang, haven't been on for a few days. My password wouldn't work for some reason but it is okay now. Thanks for all of the input on the cruises. It all sounds good to me, even Alaska. Have been working on dining room. DH put new ceramic tile on floor, etc. We have two corner china cabinets and I tweaked them a little bit. Changed the crown on them and changed the modern glass to some old wavy glass. They are really gorgeous now. They each have 9 panes in them so they are pretty. Next comes the kitchen. I had a fill last Tuesday and still on full liquids. ONe more day and then I can go on mushies. For some reason I have been sick at my stomach a little. Course I got a head cold so that might be doing it. Finally got to 63 lbs since the fill though:thumbup:, *I was teetering between 591/2 - 60 for a month or so. Glad to be past that. It sure seems like it is going slower now. gkids came over today. We had fun. gave all of them their Valentines. they always love that. Talk with you all soon.

Beckyo

Becky - Congrats on your 3 lbs !!! That's great!!!! Proud of

you sticking with your doc's post fill instructions... WTG:wink:

Remember we want pic's of your new kitchen and you in it...:rolleyes:

Hi All ~ Missed a few days of reading/posting:eek: All is going fairly well. In spite of the horrible week I had at work last week, I did manage to lose 5lbs:w00t: Although I hope not to do this week, what I did last week. I literally did not eat much of anything - not a healthy way to lose weight at all; and boy was irritable:cursing: Yesterday I had my first real meals since surgery. I didn't eat much food, but I felt almost normal again. I actually was shocked at how little dinner I had, but it was a balanced meal and I didn't feel hungry at all a couple of hours later. I seem to do much better when my meals are high in fiber and Protein. Starchy foods really give me problems in terms of gas/constipation.

I have to start an exercise plan, my idea to join the fitness challenge at work last week - went straight to he**. I just can't get my head into exercise after work and hate to get up really early in the morning. I know, I know - excuses, excuses. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Seems like everyone is on, taking or coming back from a vacation. Please enjoy yourselves and talk with you soon.

Sharon - Congrats on your 5 lbs - some weeks you may lose 5 lbs then the next with only 1/2 - so just stick with your plan and you will do good.. Also know that you aren't the only one who hates exercise - but after you make the commitment to do it and see the benefits of doing it and as the weight comes of it does get easier -

I don't want to go this morning - I am beat as I said before but I KNOW that I have to - I know that exercise helps keeps the weight off - especially after over indulging...

Ok gotta go wash the face and put on my tennis shoes and hit the gym - I will CBL !!!:cursing:

Hi all,

Janet - glad you are back and had a chance to visit with your aunt. When my great-aunt was 95 and in assisted living she felt a lot like your aunt probably feels. All of her siblings, many of her younger family members and most of her friends were gone. She had never married, so she did not have those relationships. I know she was very lonely those last years. Hard for a strong, resourceful woman who had always had many friends and relatives and a fullfilling career. Her mind was as sharp as ever, which was pretty darned sharp. She sure had me pegged when I was a teenager - drove me nuts with her advice to my mother about how to handle me! How did she know all that when she never raised a kid???? I know your aunt appreciated your visit and had a good time with you.

I don't know if I have any good ideas for PJ - my food plans are probably pretty boring to most, although I do try new recipes and consistently adjust old ones to fit the lower fat and lower calorie ideal. I find carbs are not my friends. I still eat a few, because I LOVE them, but I know I tend to retain Water after eating potatoes or rice, and it slows my weight loss down - not just Water weight. I always have a high Protein Breakfast - either a scrambled egg with a little cheese and chopped Canadian bacon - sometimes a single piece of real bacon, sometimes just the scrambled egg. A couple of mornings a week I will have 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (I found it! at Costco) with 1/4 cup high Fiber Cereal, a few walnuts and 1/4 cup skim milk. For lunch I have 3-4 ounces of Protein - canned tuna, salmon, left over meat from previous dinner, sliced low fat deli meat, etc., and add a small amount of green vegie or sliced Tomato, bell pepper, etc. For dinner, I have 3-4 ounces of meat protein (chicken, turkey, fish/shrimp/scallops, beef, pork, etc.) I have had no problem with eating any meat as long as I chew it well and go slow. Again - a green or yellow vegie (no corn in this category), about 1/4 cup; and a couple times a week a little potato or rice. I have no excuse for the starches - my DH does not care if he has any starches, though he does eat whole grain bread (which I have not). He would not mind at all if I eliminated the potatoes/rice completely, but I just have not been able to do it. I do keep the amount small, but I would probably do better without it. I usually have a snack in the evening - SF puddings are my favorite, and I add a few walnuts. Sometimes I will have a couple of tablespoons of peanuts instead of the pudding, and sometimes 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (leftover from breakfast) - with a few walnuts. I try to add just a litle extra protein in the form of low fat cheese, a few walnuts, chopped hardboiled egg, etc. to almost everything I eat. I know it is a few more calories, but I find I lose better if I am pushing the protein with that little extra. (Plus - walnuts are SOOO good for you!)

My 2nd fill was pretty restrictive last week, but is a little less so the last few days. I am due for #3 on March 2nd, and #4 March 20th. From reading the LBTalk Realize forum, I think it takes a few more fills with Realize to get to the proper restriction (as always, different with each individual). I should be at the right level after #3 or #4. That's okay with me, as I need to do my part, too, and I am learning a lot right now. I AM satisfied with 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food per meal. I just have to pay attention, stop at the first signal and wait a few minutes for my brain to catch up. At that point I know I am satisfied and go on with life away from the table... Right now I CAN physically eat more food than that, and unfortunately I will do just that if I am not paying attention (and have potato on my plate!). haha.

Back from the gym - did 4 miles and burned like 420 calories - I worked out hard and saw my trainer - we have appt tonite at 5 - I told him to work my A$$ off - he said to becareful of what you ask for :rolleyes:,,,,

For those who don't like exercise - and I was one of you - please please know that I HATED HATED HATED IT... I would always park as close as I could to the entrance of where ever - I took the elevator instead of the stairs - I avoided any kind of physical acitivity as much as i could - Well you know what - that was one of the reasons I was morbitly obese... Do you know God (or your higher power) did not make our bodies to sit on our butts 24/7.

Yes it was hard in the beginning but as the weight comes off it does truly get easier - it really really does and your body will crave it - right now I feel so much better physically and mentally - Ya I over did it in Texas - but you know what - Now a days I know that if I do over do it - I gotta pay for my crimes with a little more exercise - so today I will be at they gym twice and tomorrow I will be back on the treadmil after work - No EXCUSES LADIES I WORK TOO.... I am tired after work just like the rest of you - but you know what - that hour at the gym after work does give me the 2nd wind I need to get through the evenings and I do sleep better too..

Ok Here's Pic of PJ & Me and Me & my Aunt Dot

Hi all,

Janet - glad you are back and had a chance to visit with your aunt. When my great-aunt was 95 and in assisted living she felt a lot like your aunt probably feels. All of her siblings, many of her younger family members and most of her friends were gone. She had never married, so she did not have those relationships. I know she was very lonely those last years. Hard for a strong, resourceful woman who had always had many friends and relatives and a fullfilling career. Her mind was as sharp as ever, which was pretty darned sharp. She sure had me pegged when I was a teenager - drove me nuts with her advice to my mother about how to handle me! How did she know all that when she never raised a kid???? I know your aunt appreciated your visit and had a good time with you.

I don't know if I have any good ideas for PJ - my food plans are probably pretty boring to most, although I do try new recipes and consistently adjust old ones to fit the lower fat and lower calorie ideal. I find carbs are not my friends. I still eat a few, because I LOVE them, but I know I tend to retain Water after eating potatoes or rice, and it slows my weight loss down - not just Water weight. I always have a high Protein breakfast - either a scrambled egg with a little cheese and chopped Canadian bacon - sometimes a single piece of real bacon, sometimes just the scrambled egg. A couple of mornings a week I will have 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (I found it! at Costco) with 1/4 cup high Fiber Cereal, a few walnuts and 1/4 cup skim milk. For lunch I have 3-4 ounces of Protein - canned tuna, salmon, left over meat from previous dinner, sliced low fat deli meat, etc., and add a small amount of green vegie or sliced Tomato, bell pepper, etc. For dinner, I have 3-4 ounces of meat protein (chicken, turkey, fish/shrimp/scallops, beef, pork, etc.) I have had no problem with eating any meat as long as I chew it well and go slow. Again - a green or yellow vegie (no corn in this category), about 1/4 cup; and a couple times a week a little potato or rice. I have no excuse for the starches - my DH does not care if he has any starches, though he does eat whole grain bread (which I have not). He would not mind at all if I eliminated the potatoes/rice completely, but I just have not been able to do it. I do keep the amount small, but I would probably do better without it. I usually have a snack in the evening - SF puddings are my favorite, and I add a few walnuts. Sometimes I will have a couple of tablespoons of peanuts instead of the pudding, and sometimes 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (leftover from breakfast) - with a few walnuts. I try to add just a litle extra protein in the form of low fat cheese, a few walnuts, chopped hardboiled egg, etc. to almost everything I eat. I know it is a few more calories, but I find I lose better if I am pushing the protein with that little extra. (Plus - walnuts are SOOO good for you!)

My 2nd fill was pretty restrictive last week, but is a little less so the last few days. I am due for #3 on March 2nd, and #4 March 20th. From reading the LBTalk Realize forum, I think it takes a few more fills with Realize to get to the proper restriction (as always, different with each individual). I should be at the right level after #3 or #4. That's okay with me, as I need to do my part, too, and I am learning a lot right now. I AM satisfied with 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food per meal. I just have to pay attention, stop at the first signal and wait a few minutes for my brain to catch up. At that point I know I am satisfied and go on with life away from the table... Right now I CAN physically eat more food than that, and unfortunately I will do just that if I am not paying attention (and have potato on my plate!). haha.

Yep Joann that's exactly how she feels - she is the only one left of her siblings - she married my Uncle Bill but he died of MS in early 60's never had children and then married my Uncle Ed in 79 and he died 2000 - and again no kids - so all she has is her nieces and nephews (well she does have stepkids from my Uncle Ed and they are great to her -espcially since they were all growned when her & my Uncle Ed got married (she was in her mid 60's I think)

Yes with me coming the girls who work for her said she perked up...

Well I gotta get in the shower - it's raining I think - yep i just looked out the window - I gotta go shopping so I will ck back later today...

Hugs everyone

you said your here to help so please help me!

question about restriction.

i have 5.5 cc in a 9 band

when i eat meat it fills up fast ,the pouch but i dont fill full

but if im eating things like vegs. or oats or yogurt i could eat all i wanted. cant eat any bready thing gets stuck

so is this restricktion or should i get more cc's

my doctor keeps asking if i feel full. does he mean pouch or satisfied.

would like all advice

thanks

banded sept 5th 08