Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

indio i am areally in need of some information. i really never thought wls was for me but a couple of months ago i finaly admitted that i cannot do it alone. because of an injury i am unable to walk for more that a very few minutes at a time. well the injury and an extra 100 lbs. hoping that if i can lose some i can walk better, went to a seminar a couple of weeks ago and go for my first consult with the dr on tuedsay. at the seminar he said it would be a minimum ofr 6 wks before surgery. psch consult and two nutrition consults. Have been looking around for high protien shakes adn so far the highest prot owest carb is slimfast low carb. only thing is i can only find it in choc and i really dont like choc. what did you use? dr daid two week shig prot and 1 wk liquid before surgery. did not discuss after surgery at seminar.

Beach, I was told soda was a big no no. That the carbonation can stretch the band or something like that. I have had a few sips of hubby's on occassion and if it's more than a tiny sip I am very uncomfortable. So not sure if you should even be drinking it, but I know many dr's have different opinions, you might check with your's

That is probably why I had the problem. It was like three drinks and I felt I was going to throw up and headed straight for the bathroom. I can't remember what he said but I am going to go back through my info and check. Either way, I don't believe I will try it again. I was banded on Halloween and just found out at my last fill (this past Tuesday) that I would be coming to his office once a month and sometimes I might not get a fill. Is that how your doctor had you do?

Beach, I was told soda was a big no no. That the carbonation can stretch the band or something like that. I have had a few sips of hubby's on occassion and if it's more than a tiny sip I am very uncomfortable. So not sure if you should even be drinking it, but I know many dr's have different opinions, you might check with your's

That is probably why I had the problem. It was like three drinks and I felt I was going to throw up and headed straight for the bathroom. I can't remember what he said but I am going to go back through my info and check. Either way, I don't believe I will try it again. I was banded on Halloween and just found out at my last fill (this past Tuesday) that I would be coming to his office once a month and sometimes I might not get a fill. Is that how your doctor had you do?

No, I go in every 3 mos for a check and whenever I feel I need a fill I just need to schedule one.

Hey all tonight (Sunday). Went yesterday with dh and ordered cabinets and all new appliances. Really got a great deal on those. Also my ds works at a marble and granite place so we picked out some granite and ceramic tile for floor. Will have to see if he can get a good deal before we purchase. That granite is pretty but very expensive. At least the one I picked out is. came home last night and dh cooked ribeyes on the grill. Well I was stressed out about this kitchen stuff so I had two or three bites of steak and that was it. I pb. I was really hungry too. Waited for about two hours and warmed up some homeade vegetable Soup. Ate it very slow but it finally went down. I am hungry now but I still have trouble with some meat. Week after next I go to the Dr so we will see. Janet, have you been hungry but yet get stuck on meat. Today I had hamburger patty, green Beans and salad for supper. Got the patty down and some of the green Beans down and that was it because I got stuck. That was an hour ago and I am hungry right now. Who knows. At least I walked today. Man, Janet your walking is really good and really fast. Thats why you are staying thin.:). I wish I lived that close to Vegas. I would go to the shows alot. That would be fun.

Beckyo

Becky - I can't do some steaks - ribeye is usually one of them - it's can be stringy... I can eat the filet mignon from costco... Steaks has to be very tender.. I can do hamburger patties - I will get stuck on veggies sometime - gb have the stringiness too so you have to chew very well and take small bite and eat them slowly..

Isn't it funny that we can be full on 3 bites - physically full but - we are still hungry... It's the part that I still struggle with to this very day.. Being physically full on 3 bites but still hungry - I do the same thing when I get stuck/pb - I wait a bit and then try again then make sure I am eating very slow and chew. After a pb - I can usually eat w/no problem..

Kitchen sounds great - I know that when I got my new house 5 yrs ago - granite for my kitchen was like $4.5k - tile was only $2.5K - so I went tile - I would love to have granite.

In my old house I redid the kitchen in 91 and it was so much fun.. Enjoy the moment..

I got my second fill this past Tuesday, so now I am at 3.2cc. I have lost a total of 44 lbs. since Halloween, which is one third of my excess weight. It has been harder to eat anything after this fill. I even experienced the PB and throwing up. I think it was the diet soda. I still don't think I am going to be able to drink that. Does anyone else have that problem?

Beachlover - Congrats of your 44 lbs in 3.5 months that great... NO SODA GIRL!!! It's a no no with the band.. You aren't suppose to drink it..

If you are not able to eat hard Proteins (meat) you can be too tight.. If you are too tight then you will gravitate to softer mushie foods which tend to be higher in calories too.

Band Rules - NO SODA - Protein 1st (60 grms minimum)- then veggies - then starches if any room - tiny bites, chew very well - eat slowly- low fat - sf - Exercise...

indio i am areally in need of some information. i really never thought wls was for me but a couple of months ago i finally admitted that i cannot do it alone. because of an injury i am unable to walk for more that a very few minutes at a time. well the injury and an extra 100 lbs. hoping that if i can lose some i can walk better, went to a seminar a couple of weeks ago and go for my first consult with the dr on tuedsay. at the seminar he said it would be a minimum ofr 6 wks before surgery. psch consult and two nutrition consults. Have been looking around for high protien shakes adn so far the highest prot owest carb is slimfast low carb. only thing is i can only find it in choc and i really dont like choc. what did you use? dr daid two week shig prot and 1 wk liquid before surgery. did not discuss after surgery at seminar.

PST104 - Welcome

Ya prior to my own WLS I thought I could do it on my own - I thought it was the easy way out - But what did I know... Not everything obviously :ihih: . My doc's office and the nutritionist gave me various samples of Protein powders - I never did the slimfast - I had unjury Choc (which you don't like) and the unflavored one & vanilla - Also a friend gave me some Jay Robb egg white Protein powder - with some lite OJ you think you are drinking an orange Julius.. You can get all this from various Internet site Unjury- or bariatic advantage is another good site - I love the clear protein cold drinks 70 c with 15 grms pt.. I use them alot in the beginning

Each doc has their own set of rules - I was lucky I only had 1 week preop diet and my doc provided the food/shakes Soups protien bars.

Postop - I had 10 days liquids - 10 days mushies- 10 days soft and finally regular

As to the exercise - I was lucky no injuries or problems besides the 100 + extra lbs - I just started slowly and went to the gym 4-5 days a week - and every few weeks increase the time - intensity etc...

[color=darkslateblue][size=3]That is probably why I had the problem. It was like three drinks and I felt I was going to throw up and headed straight for the bathroom. I can't remember what he said but I am going to go back through my info and check. Either way, I don't believe I will try it again. I was banded on Halloween and just found out at my last fill (this past Tuesday) that I would be coming to his office once a month and sometimes I might not get a fill. Is that how your doctor had you do? [/size][/color]

[size=4][color=indigo]Beach[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]We all get hung up on the fill issue and how much is in our band - and we shouldn't - for some then don't get filled till like 6 months after surgery - some can have 5 fills before they feel restriction. Some it's only 2 and they are at their sweet spot. And the same goes for the amount in our bands - I could have 5 cc and it could take you only 3 cc to get to your sweet spot. So don't stress about those things as they are very individual to the person.. [/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]Going to the doc once a month - I went every 2 months - 10/07 had a fill went back 12/07 had lost 17 lbs the doc wouldn't fill - said I was doing good - went back 1/08 got a fill - it was too much had all but .01 of that fill taken out - haven't had a fill since - 1 yr later I am still good..[/color][/size]

i'm having alot of shoulder pain ahd banding the 14 of january 2009 how long will it last

[size=4][color=indigo]Tweety - Gas - walk - take gas x strips.. [/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]-------------------------------------------------[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]Good Morning Gang....[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]Well it's Monday :wink5: but at least I have something to look forward to - Vegas Baby"[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]Well, better to get my butt in gear [/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#4b0082]will CBL:wink:[/color][/size]

YAHOO!! The scale finally moved today, down one more for a total of 96!! I have 4 more to 100 obviously and 9 more til Onderland. I am getting very anxious to hit those milestones. I feel so close yet so far away as the losses have slowed down from what they were, but I was losing at a quite rapid rate which of course, I loved! But I know I will get there.

Today I am starting the Power 90 workouts that I had asked if anybody heard of the other day. Am anxious to see what they are about, it's a 90 day commitment. They aren't my tapes and am doing them with a friend who has them, so I hope she is as commited as I am. If not, and I like them, I will be purchasing my own copy. I have decided not to take Zumba today because of the other workout. I have no idea what to expect. If I find I can do both I will, but didn't want to overdo it my first day. My knee has really been bothering me after Zumba classes.

Hubby was off today for the holiday, but I had to work this morning so he went off ice fishing. Sounds much too cold for me anyway, but he is planning on being home in time to take this class/tape with me.

Ellen, are you still out there? Miss ya!!

Janet, have fun in Vegas!!

Apples, sounds like you are really enjoying FL, wish our paths would've crossed.

YAHOO!! The scale finally moved today, down one more for a total of 96!! I have 4 more to 100 obviously and 9 more til Onderland. I am getting very anxious to hit those milestones. I feel so close yet so far away as the losses have slowed down from what they were, but I was losing at a quite rapid rate which of course, I loved! But I know I will get there.

Today I am starting the Power 90 workouts that I had asked if anybody heard of the other day. Am anxious to see what they are about, it's a 90 day commitment. They aren't my tapes and am doing them with a friend who has them, so I hope she is as commited as I am. If not, and I like them, I will be purchasing my own copy. I have decided not to take Zumba today because of the other workout. I have no idea what to expect. If I find I can do both I will, but didn't want to overdo it my first day. My knee has really been bothering me after Zumba classes.

Hubby was off today for the holiday, but I had to work this morning so he went off ice fishing. Sounds much too cold for me anyway, but he is planning on being home in time to take this class/tape with me.

Ellen, are you still out there? Miss ya!!

Janet, have fun in Vegas!!

Apples, sounds like you are really enjoying FL, wish our paths would've crossed.

LONG CONGRATULATIONS :)

Yes you were losing very fast for months - but as you said it will come as long as you follow the rules eat healthy & exercise - - That's what I have done and I'm 22 lbs under my goal weight

I saw that Tony guy on QVC saturday night - looked kinda hard - then yesterday watch ali with rick they pissed me off they said that she didn't need surgery cuz she did it on her own and not wls... BS - she is young and genetics played a big part - I did like the biggest loser cook book though..

I would think that Zumba would be a little hard on your knees.. Heck w/QVC you can use the tape for 30 days then send it back - OBTW - Gold Rush is on Saturday and I will miss - we I could take my laptop and then ck it out when I am in the room - but lately the stuff on gold rush hasn't been that great - plus the price of gold is up so much - but I could use a new pair of hoops... - can never have too many hoops..

Well back to work :0)

Janet, when I worked at QVC for events like the Gold Rush and Silver STrike we would have these big preview events. AFter the store closed in the evenings from 8 to midnight or so we'd open back up and have many of the pieces that were new to the show on preview and the TSV as well. Folks would flock to those sales, you could touch, feel and try on the pieces. They'd have refreshments and usually a meet and greet with one of the hosts, it was lots of fun and very well received.

That P90X with that Tony guy is really tough. Some hardcore athletes at the gym are doing it. My boss is one and he does triathalons. I guess you can make it as hard as you need, but to me it looked like too much impact on my knee. Zumba has been tough enough and if that continues I may not continue Zumba, we shall see. I like how active I am becoming though, but there are other ways to do that. I have decided after reaching goal wieght this year, if my knee is still hurting I will look into replacement as I don't want to feel this good elsewhere and still put up with that knee.

Janet, when I worked at QVC for events like the Gold Rush and Silver STrike we would have these big preview events. AFter the store closed in the evenings from 8 to midnight or so we'd open back up and have many of the pieces that were new to the show on preview and the TSV as well. Folks would flock to those sales, you could touch, feel and try on the pieces. They'd have refreshments and usually a meet and greet with one of the hosts, it was lots of fun and very well received.

That P90X with that Tony guy is really tough. Some hardcore athletes at the gym are doing it. My boss is one and he does triathalons. I guess you can make it as hard as you need, but to me it looked like too much impact on my knee. Zumba has been tough enough and if that continues I may not continue Zumba, we shall see. I like how active I am becoming though, but there are other ways to do that. I have decided after reaching goal wieght this year, if my knee is still hurting I will look into replacement as I don't want to feel this good elsewhere and still put up with that knee.

Yes - I agree you need to get your knee looked at once you get to goal - you don't want to have that pain when you will be feeling so good - You will want to be able to use all your new found energy..

QVC - OMW - my weakness - I am now into the Chaz Dean cleaning conditioner - I have fine hair - I thought it would weigh it down - but it's so much more bouncier - I love the stuff - it takes a minute to get use to the idea of not shampoing with soap - but it's really really good - i should go write a review...

Pure Grace is my signature scent - All my gold is from QVC along with my diamondique (sp) - I wear my real diamond rings at home but when traveling wear my diamondique :0)

My watches are qvc too...

Yes - I agree you need to get your knee looked at once you get to goal - you don't want to have that pain when you will be feeling so good - You will want to be able to use all your new found energy..

QVC - OMW - my weakness - I am now into the Chaz Dean cleaning conditioner - I have fine hair - I thought it would weigh it down - but it's so much more bouncier - I love the stuff - it takes a minute to get use to the idea of not shampoing with soap - but it's really really good - i should go write a review...

Pure Grace is my signature scent - All my gold is from QVC along with my diamondique (sp) - I wear my real diamond rings at home but when traveling wear my diamondique :0)

My watches are qvc too...

Let's see my QVC indulgences are some white gold (I only wear the white metals and have to have gold earrings or my ears get infected), some diamonique but I really like the Indonesian artisan crafted silver. I fell in love with John Hardy jewelry on a cruise to the Carribean on our 25th anniversary and got a Bracelet and necklace, then discovered the Indonesian silver on QVC which is very similar but way less costly. Of course, John Hardy has some fancier things and quality but for my budget the QVC stuff fits better and I can have more of it. Also, got hooked on Bare Minerals/Escentuals when I worked there and that is all I wear for makeup and skin care Dr. Denese, I swear my squinty lines between my eyes vanished after starting that stuff. I got so spoiled though with my discount that I have a hard time paying full price for it. I stopped using it for a time and need to go back to it. I used to buy a lot of Sport Savvy for working out but just get any old thing now, I tend not to want to order clothing items right now with changing sizes so rapidly. There's my QVC confessions. LOL

I already got the name of a great knee dr. from my lap band surgeon. He said if he was getting his knee replaced it is who he would use. But I want to wait til I get to goal first and see how the knee does. But if there's no improvement it's surgery I have decided.

My commercial is airing on tv !!!

I haven't seen it yet - but was told by one of my bosses that he saw me on t.v. the other day :0)

Oh I can't wait to see it...

I am going to have to watch more t.v.

My commercial is airing on tv !!!

I haven't seen it yet - but was told by one of my bosses that he saw me on t.v. the other day :0)

Oh I can't wait to see it...

I am going to have to watch more t.v.

Any chance your dr. office has it on his website? would love to see it!

Long - I know I am due for replacement of the right knee. I had the left one done 6 years ago. I will not lie to you - it hurts and takes several months of therapy before it does not hurt anymore. But I followed all the rehab rules and had a very good outcome. I GAINED weight during the "bad left knee" period, though, because I could not exercise for several months (including the 8 months of trying everything else prior to surgery). Last January the orthopedic surgeon told me the right knee had to be replaced. That's what precipitated the search for gastric banding - I could not stand the thought of more weight added, and I knew it would happen. So - synthetic cartilage injections, banding, weight loss - maybe another round of injections next spring if necessary - then we'll see. I may still need the surgery, but my chances of exercising earlier and NOT gaining the weight are so much greater. I've always said I would do it again if I needed it - and I mean it. My poor uncle (rest his soul) lived to be in his mid-eighties - and the last 25 years of his life were spent in terrible pain. Knee replacement. That's all he needed and he was too afraid. I'll take a few months of manageable pain over that any day.

Joann,

After your knee replacement were you able to come home from the hospital or did you have to go to a rehab place? Going to a rehab place scares me the most.

Have you tried steroid injections? I did one in May before my cruise and it worked about a day or so and no more. I am wondering if another one of those would help in the short term until I got to goal. It scares the bajeebies out of me to reach goal, get knee replacement and then gain weight due to lack of working out. But heck, that will still be better than where I started at 300+ lbs!

Any chance your dr. office has it on his website? would love to see it!

No I just ck'd his webiste it's not there - doesn't look like it's been updated in a while

When we filmed the commercial - they said they would give us dvd's of it - so I emailed the office and asked them about it - waiting to hear back - if I get the dvd I can most likely upload it somewhere like utube or something and post a link to it...