Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

normal to be so tired???

I'm on my 2nd day of the Preop diet...

which I pretty much stuck to yesterday except I added a little more Protein

cause my brain thought my stomach was starving..

today I am not altering it at all...

and my brain finally has shut up..YEAH!

the question is:

is it normal to feel so freaking tired on the preop diet??

especially since it's just the second day

I can't even begin to do my 2mile which has taken me 6 months to work up to

all I want to do is curl up and sleep..

my energy is gone on vacation

I almost need toothpicks to prop my eyes open..:rolleyes2:

anyone else have this problem

when they started the preop?

and does it get better or worse..

:teeth_smile:Me too, Me too!! I am so tired. I am on the ninth day of medifast. I had to take a nap the other day I just couldn't make it through the day! I'm not usually a nap taker unless I'm really really sick, but I feel fine, just tired. I slept for 1.5 hours! and went to sleep that night early and slept through the night just fine. Don't know if it gets better but surgery is just days away.

Me too LeighDee, You must be getting banded on June 2nd, so am I! I am on day 2 and BF has had a roast in the crockpot going all day. Its driving me nuts! I am tired, but trying to take it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. We can do this. Just hang in there. We will have such stories to tell when we are thin, healthy and successful!

HI - One of my only sucessful weight loss periods was with Medifast. I have done it about 5 times, and before my kids were born I was even keeping it off for awhile. My experience was you will always be tired the first couple of days on Medifast, but not after 5-7 days. If you are still so tired - drink an extra shake, they are only 70 cals and getting your energy back is worth it!

thanks for e'body's responses nice to know I'm not alone

Yep StrikeUpTheBand the 2nd is my day too...

OH man your BF is EVIL eeeeeevil.. just kidding

but I feel your torture

I went to Walmart and picked up some more Soup and

sugar free BOMBPOPS...woot

driving to and from we passed by one of my favorite fast food places

and a wafting of it's fragrances came into the truck

I felt like one of Pavlov dog's except with no bell..:biggrin:

I took a LONG nap..

from about 1pm -7pm and now I feel better

I sure I'll be better tomorrow or at least I'll push

cause I don't want to lose too much on my 2mile tread

I can already tell that "things" are getting loose and giggly..

and I wanna keep as much as I can tightened as much as I can

LOL ....I can see it now if I'm tired tomorrow

It'll be the Day of Treading Dead

LeighDee, Glad you made it through the day! I made it through watching him eat his potroast while I sipped away on my Protein drink. Didn't sleep well because my lower back was giving me grief. I wonder if thats my kidneys wondering why they are so flooded all of a sudden or because I was hunched over my sewing machine for too long. Had to do curtains and hem 2 pairs of pants for my babygirl (who is in her own apartment at college). Today we are one step closer. The plan is to grill salmon steaks on a cedar plank today. Never had that before. I plan on allowing myself just a taste without feeling guilty. And, great news, the scale says I have lost again so I can update my ticker! Have a great sunday.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woABKSN/]

weight.png

[/url]

Edited by strikeuptheband

test...still trying to figure out this ticker thing.

sorry you're back was bothering you

hope you are better todday

ONE DAY CLOSER!! yeah!

salmon on cedar is some good stuff

I'm doing pretty good to day

I started a blog on this site..

children's liquid tylenol is sooo nasty!

sorry you're back was bothering you

hope you are better todday

ONE DAY CLOSER!! yeah!

salmon on cedar is some good stuff

I'm doing pretty good to day

I started a blog on this site..

children's liquid tylenol is sooo nasty!

Hi LeighDee,

We never did do the salmon yesterday. He opted for grilled teriyaki instead. I sat forlornly sipping my Protein drink while he and my son enjoyed the chicken. I had one small bite and it was awesome.

Had a falling out with BF last nite. I have a puppy that I keep confined to the kitchen at nite (less mess to clean up:unsure:) The puppy whines sometimes and last night she was also probably afraid of the thunder and lightening. BF said at midnite he couldnt take it anymore and left for home. 3 hr drive in a thunderstorm....howzat for support?? He is also supposed to be my support coach for surgery but now I am thinking of asking a coworker who is also working on getting this surgery. She's been a hell of a lot more supportive than he has been. I have been putting off making a decision about our relationship since I am now obviously working with a food deprived brain! But perhaps hes already made a decicion for me. We will see. I thought after that, wow, what a perfect opportunity to blow it and raid the fridge....but I didn't and this morning I woke up 3 lbs lighter!:biggrin2:

Sorry to vent, but it really helps to get it out. I get a tremendous amount of support from reading about other people's journeys. Hope you are having a good holiday.

G'Morning Strike!!

Girl you went through a LOT of stress last night and to be at the crest

and in uncharted waters by being in the first leg of dropping our (well, mine for sure) MAIN crutches for a healthier life,

You did fabuloushandling it all

you woke up without some extra baggage, 3#s is AWESOME!!!:unsure:

and from what you wrote sounds like you have already decided some things just what to do with them is the question

we can do this..

and this is funny

I woke up and had dropped 3#s too..

how awesome is THAT...:thumbup:

WOOT!

Vent on sweety

it's better to let it out

than to eat it:tt2:

is my new motto

Edited by LeighDee
shorter is better :grin:

Guest BiCoastal

:eek:

I'm exhausted and have the worst headache. I barely made it through work today without falling asleep at my desk. I came home, had a Protein shake and took a short nap. I forced myself awake a little while ago and the little man with his hammer in my head is just pounding away. Counting down the days until surgery and hoping it gets a little easier in the days to come! :sad:

:eek:

I'm exhausted and have the worst headache. I barely made it through work today without falling asleep at my desk. I came home, had a Protein shake and took a short nap. I forced myself awake a little while ago and the little man with his hammer in my head is just pounding away. Counting down the days until surgery and hoping it gets a little easier in the days to come! :sad:

I know exactly what you mean, BiCoastal! I have 6 days left of the Protein stuff and contrary to what everyone is telling me, It's NOT getting easier! Hope i make it thru this. Sorry about your headache. Are you also withdrawing from caffeine? That was tough for me also. Hang in there, hopefully it won't be much longer for you.

ugh guys..

yea I forgot all about the headaches:eek:

and sleeping 12 hr days on top of that

I could go back to sleep right now~!

my joints are aching too

dragging myself around everywhere

when not dragging I'm laying around like an old cat

going to try to make myself at least do a 1mi tread

I hope.. I feel like mia farrow in rosemary's baby

I could eat coffee grounds right now..:sad:

and no it's not getting easier

but it will all be worth it

just have make it to the mushie phase

Better to let it out

than to eat it

Edited by LeighDee

ugh guys..

yea I forgot all about the headaches:eek:

and sleeping 12 hr days on top of that

I could go back to sleep right now~!

my joints are aching too

dragging myself around everywhere

when not dragging I'm laying around like an old cat

going to try to make myself at least do a 1mi tread

I hope.. I feel like mia farrow in rosemary's baby

I could eat coffee grounds right now..:lol:

and no it's not getting easier

but it will all be worth it

just have make it to the mushie phase

Better to let it out

than to eat it

Come on, Leigh! Just a few more days! We can do this. I can't believe the tiredness either. I have been nibbling a little bit but stop after a bite or two of something. Its a constant struggle but we only have a few days left of this. I gotta say its the most insane diet I have ever tried!! I just break it out into 2 more work days, 2 days weekend and then its time for the band. Keep posting here, we need to see ya here to support you every day! Isn't this forum the greatest??!:lol: