Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandit

May 9th is right around the corner, and I have heard nothing but great things about Dr. Kuri. You are in very good hands :D

I wish you the best and hope everything goes smoothly for you

bandit....you and i chatted in the chat room a couple of days ago....we are gonna be fine! i promise i will post to let you know how things went...i go 5/5/05!!!!! this can NOT be worse than anything that we have been thru in our lives being MO.....the embarassment, the health issues, the self doubt, the constant craving of something better...or bigger (not necessarily just food wise, but in life too).......no self esteem, practically doing anything just for people to like us.....we don't have to be that person any more! we will pull thru this...we will be okay! sure there are gonna be somethings that are gonna suck!! even if only for a little while. for me bread...holy moly i would rather loose a finger than give up bread...but if for one minute of my life i could flaunt myself, rather than hide myself....it will be worth it!!!!

AS OF TOMORROW I WILL HAVE ONLY 7 DAYS TILL MY SURGERY...seven days, do you know how quick a week goes by?? and ya know what...I will be saying very shortly its been a year since my banding.....and im at goal! WE CAN DO THIS...HOT TOPIC IS CALLING US!!! (pole outfits!!!)

i will be talking to you soon!

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX! sorry bad 80's referrence

Bandit and Kathy you both will do great, it is normal to have nerves about such a life altering surgery. But it will all be worth it,

Bandit you have to keep in mind that because your a lower bmi the weight will come off a bit slower, so you have to prepare yourself for that, that is one thing that caught me off guard, I thought that I'd be at goal weight by now, but these fills are so tricky and it sure takes a lot of work to get it just right.

WEll good luck to you both, luv ya.

For those of you getting ready to be banded first part of May, how is the liquid 7 days going? I'm getting banded on the 2nd at 2pm and the liquid is killing me. I figure atleast after surgery I will be able to drink liquid with some flavor instead of this Water, water, protien shake, (yuck!) and water. (No more than 10 calories additional in water.) My liver fat better shrink to zip!

Good luck, and think positive! Positive self talk is the key to all success in life, think you can and you can and will!!

Hello I was trying to put my name in the may bandsters and dont seem to be able to find the post. I will be in TJ on thwe 10th surgery on the 11th surgeon is Dr Lopez bandit if you are going to be there at that time maybe we will all run into each other what hotel will you be at? I think it is Lucerna hotel.. does anyone here lknow what pain med DR Lopez sends you home with? I have heard it is a liquid but not a name any info woulod be appreciated..

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble some of the april bandste4rs have had I'll keep you in my prayers

Ramona

DR Lopez MAy 12

I was not put on a liquid pre op but of course will be on the liquids after! I have been trying to eat less and healther to prepair. I havnt had any "last meals" binges yet where Ive really gone over board cause I really dont want to gain anymore weight and have that much more to lose. Like Bella said, I will lose slower than some of the others but in the long run this will be the life changing tool that will work (I really really hope).

For those of you getting ready to be banded first part of May, how is the liquid 7 days going? I'm getting banded on the 2nd at 2pm and the liquid is killing me. I figure atleast after surgery I will be able to drink liquid with some flavor instead of this Water, Water, protien shake,(yuck!) and water. (No more than 10 calories additional in water.) My liver fat better shrink to zip!

Hello I was trying to put my name in the may bandsters and dont seem to be able to find the post.

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble some of the april bandsters have had I'll keep you in my prayers

Ramona

DR Lopez MAy 12

Hey Ramona, Look in the Support Forum for May Bandsters. The list is growing and you will want to be on it!! You will find lots of support here...

I think I was one of the April "problem children" but I'm recovering nicely. All is normal now. Thanks!!!! You will do great, too!

Editing: May Bandsters is under the Lounge, not Support! ooooops! I have been directing people to the Support Forum for weeks! I'm so sorry!

Editing: May Bandsters is under the Lounge, not Support! ooooops! I have been directing people to the Support Forum for weeks! I'm so sorry!

LOL No wonder I couldn't find it, I looked and looked one day when someone said it was in the support forum. ;) I'm May 9th too!

Sorry Brandi, it was probably me! So relieved you are laughing!!!

Debbydo has been bumping it to the New Post list...those of you who don't use it should check it out. It's very handy! The button is above on the blue bar, it says "New Posts" just click and it lists all the new posts from every forum in the order recieved from the last time you signed on. Very handy.

Thanks Kathy!! I'll check it out ;)