Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have officially started my journey! Huntsville, AL

:biggrin: I met with my coordinator today, did the weigh in, medical history and scheduled an appt with nutritionist and Dr. Facundos. My doctor does not require a pre-op diet.

I was referred to him by my doctor and my niece who is an RN at the hospital he does his bariatric surgery at. In fact, she knows him personally and told me she wouldn't want anyone else to work on me.

I am so excited! I am almost 46 years old and have been over weight for most of my life. I can remember as a child my mother having to get my clothes from the "special" department at the stores. I am tired of being overweight and the comorbities that are occurring now. And boy....does it ever take a toll on your self esteem!!

I've been reading here for a long time, but never posted. Ya'll give such valuable information and insight into the lapband journey and I appreciate all that I have learned. I hope to very soon become one of you!! :lol:

7_5_142.gif HI Kimi, I am from Huntsville also. I was banded Tuesday the 13. Dr. Groves done mine. He is From Albertville. He himself has the lapband. So I was extremely comfortable with him. He can answer questions from experience! Good luck with yours. If you want to talk just send me a message. Maybe we can become walking buddies or something.:biggrin:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Good luck :biggrin:)

I am in H'ville and interviewed with Dr. Facundus and did not like him so ended up going somewhere else. If you find a support group in the area for banders (and not RnY) let me know!

I feel like I'm finally on my way. I was told to get the surgery approvals from my heart doctor and general physician and to start the Optifast diet. How long was it after this you guys had your surgery? Am I getting all excited for nothing or am I really on my way? I have been reading the posts that you have made. I feel I know pretty much what is going to go on, but I know I'll probably have a million questions when I am going through it. It makes me feel better knowing I am not by myself. Thanks for all the past help and thanks in advance for the future help---Pat:rolleyes:

Great to see some people from Alabama on the board. I had my Surgery in Decatur, AL on 3/29/07. I have lost 130 pounds and feel wonderful! My surgeon - Dr. Adams, is leaving town and I will be swapped over to Dr. Suggs. My husband is going through the pre-approval process with BCBS for Dr. Suggs to do his surgery. There is a support group at Parkway Hospital in Decatur on the 2nd Monday night of each month. Hope this helps!

I feel like I'm finally on my way. I was told to get the surgery approvals from my heart doctor and general physician and to start the Optifast diet. How long was it after this you guys had your surgery? Am I getting all excited for nothing or am I really on my way? I have been reading the posts that you have made. I feel I know pretty much what is going to go on, but I know I'll probably have a million questions when I am going through it. It makes me feel better knowing I am not by myself. Thanks for all the past help and thanks in advance for the future help---Pat:rolleyes:

it sounds like your on your way. I am self paid so I did'nt have to have all these other approvals. I just did low carb diet for 2 weeks. Had my surgery Tuesday. The best decision for me.:thumbup: