Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this slippage??

Penni, you are computer picture extraordinaire! Thanks for making them easy so see.

Dishdiva...it would be SO cool to compare. I know we're not all band doctors or certainly not qualified to read these pics to a diagnosis...but if there is something about my stroy and pics that is familiar...well, it helps. Plus it's good for future researchers? I hope anyway.

So, it's Monday morning and Dr Kuri has not called back yet, so I guess he didn't go to his office Sunday (bummer) and I'm assuming he had surgeries scheduled for this morning, plus it's 3 hours earlier there...waiting patiently. So I have not left for Winston to the local doc yet. I'm thinking, if Kuri can look at these and say, "yep, slippage" then he will have saved me hundreds of dollars and a wasted day of travel to Winston (just an hour away, no worse than going clear across town in Charlotte). If Kuri cannot tell by the pics, or if he says "no slippage" then I'm headed to Winston. I am not eating typically for being 10 days out from surgery. SOMEthing isn't right. I'm preparing for slippage...kinda hope it is even if it means getting it fixed and over with. At least it's an answer with a solution.

I'd love for Leatha to see these pics, maybe I'll PM her and ask her to look here.

I'll keep you all posted...

Stop the presses! It's NOT slippage. Dr Kuri called and was able to look and see that the band is placed perfectly (okay, it's his job, but I believe him) and so I am not facing a repair surgery. He asked if I was taking my Prilosec and I explained that it's slow-release and says not to crush and he said "Crush it" so I did and it went down fine. Sipping is going well today. I think it's just a slow recovery for me. I don't feel alarmed enough about my intake so far today to run to my local doc. I'll give the Prilosec a chance to work and trudge forward with my sipping. I swear the 3 bags of Fluid I had over the weekend have helped me start to get over this hump. Is this Jonathan's "light at the end of the tunnel"? I'm afraid to hope, but will keep sipping through the doubt. I'm not willing yet to say I'm on the mend, let's give it a day.

Yeeaahhh! :) (sigh of relief)

Kathy - so happy to have a fairly positive update fom you! Getting hydrated may have been the biggest aid in this battle.

SOOOO glad you went to the ER! So very glad!

Penni (or anyone that's computer literate): Can you make pointers and explain what we are looking at, for those of us who can't make heads or tails?

I put labels on the first set of pics.

Wow, Penni, that looks coool! Well done! The band is VERY tilted, and at that angle I suppose it should be. It runs diagonally (L to R) below the pooling stuff and looks wide and rectangular. It was neat to see my port and tubing while I was getting that done (the Upper GI) and the radiologist doc found baruim in my colon from last Saturday!! Yuk, it's still there? I also had some bile (?) in my colon so I know I had at some point eaten something that would create a bowel movement! It was below the barium though and apparently wasn't enough to "wash" it through.

Here are my NSV's for recovery today:

*drank about 4oz of watered down guava nectar mixed with protien powder

*mixed a crushed Prilosec with same and got it down fine.

*was able to sip my Centrum liquid Vitamins and chase with Water, went down fine

*sips are able to get just the tiniest bit bigger without the reflux

*was able to very carefully and with his help, get fussy little man into his crib for his nap without discomfort or pain, so my belly really is healing

*actually drank enough liquid this morning to produce the bowel movement my GI pics showed was waiting to be "prompted" to do so.

*I actually feel okay today, physically, and not undernourished and underhydrated (although to be able to chug some Iced Tea would be just the best thing!)

Wow, so believe me, I'm not doing anything to mess this up! I hope it improves, even if it does so slowly.

That is good new Kathy, I am very happy to hear that! Now, don't over do right now and keep that sipping going. I'm doing the happy dance for you! :)

I am sorry to hear about all your going through, but I am very happy to hear it isnt slippage! That is scary.

I am s-o-o-o happy to learn that things are getting better one sip at a time. I truly believe that prayer changes things and you sure are a great example of that. Praise the Lord. ;o) Jermemiah 17:14 and do keep us posted.

Always,

Judy

There IS a balm in Gilead, it's called Prilosec. And today's manna is chocolate Boost.

Sorry for the Old Testament analogies, but they really fit for me. The Prilosec is the balm that soothes my poor newly-banded stomach. I'm adjusting more quickly than it! And I am on my second 8oz Boost...AAAHHHHH! Manna from heaven! Very yummy and going down great!!! I'm afraid still to be too confident but it's working!! I have had 2 BM's today, which means I have been able to drink enough to push it through (thank God!) and I feel great! A little tired but great! I want to jump to soft mushies!!! But not yet. I make myself slow down. But soon I'll be caught up to the many yummies of the other Bandsters "my age".

I can't thank all of you enough for your care, concern, encouragement, all of it, throughout this little ordeal of mine. It's finally coming together and getting normal. I'm SOOOO glad.

Now, on to banded life!!!!

Guest Epitomy

Does anyone know if you experience pain with a slippage?