Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aceves in Mexicali?

Dr. Aceves did my surgery. I loved him! The experience was totally positive. I have recommended him to friends, he has done the band for a couple of them, as well as my SIL, and 2 nieces!

I highly recommend him. The hospital is VERY clean. The hospital, like many, including my local hospital here in the states, was built years ago in a vital part of the town. Eventually the town spread, and now the hospital is in an older part of town. Mexicali is like any other city, there are super nice houses, and others totally run down. As we passed by some of the older places, I began to worry to tell you the truth! Then we walked into the hospital, and it was such a relief!!! The motel they put us up in, The Lucerne was very clean, and they were very accomodating. The only thing was at the motel there was not English speaking workers. In the hospital they always had someone who spoke English. Except in the cafeteria, and my DH learned a few phrases, and pointed to pictures, and did not starve!!!

And afterall we were in THEIR country. The little shops, and restaurants we went to, accepted American $$$$.

I have another friend who was banded by a different surgeon in a different area of MX. She went to Mexicali with the friends I referred, and Dr. A gave her a fill while she was there, she fell in love with him! She said he gave her more info on her band than her surgeon had, and now she is planning a trip back with the friend, so they can both get filled.

I loved Dr. A!!

Kat

My half brother had a "cheapo" band put in about two years ago in TJ, he had a very bad experience. It has been two and a half years now and he cannot function or work the way he could before the band. I live with him so I know he tried to follow their program but something just seemed wrong. He had a really bad experience when they did the surgery to take it out and has not been well since. He said he e-mailed the Mexican Doctor that did all this to him but the Dr. just said his complicationes had nothing to do with it. My brother went to the ER about a week after they removed the band and they gave him a catscan and that said that there was some scrapping in his pelvic area plus he had a sess that they said was dangerous.

Anyhow,one and a half year later we ended up going to see another Mexican doctor from were I'm from, in Mexicalli yesterday.

My brother said that this Doctor was very "patient and listened well to him". He seems like a really good doctor who cares, but I don't want him to do any surgeries without checking more stuff out. Since all this he has not really been able to work. I'm going to have to help him pay for it and was wondering if anybody could give us some more advices about what is wrong. He basicly says he cannot sit without pain in his behind. I guess there is a bone that they already checked and it is not broken. Any advice?:thumbup:

My half brother had a "cheapo" band put in about two years ago in TJ, he had a very bad experience. It has been two and a half years now and he cannot function or work the way he could before the band. I live with him so I know he tried to follow their program but something just seemed wrong. He had a really bad experience when they did the surgery to take it out and has not been well since. He said he e-mailed the Mexican Doctor that did all this to him but the Dr. just said his complicationes had nothing to do with it. My brother went to the ER about a week after they removed the band and they gave him a catscan and that said that there was some scrapping in his pelvic area plus he had a sess that they said was dangerous.

Anyhow,one and a half year later we ended up going to see another Mexican doctor from were I'm from, in Mexicalli yesterday.

My brother said that this Doctor was very "patient and listened well to him". He seems like a really good doctor who cares, but I don't want him to do any surgeries without checking more stuff out. Since all this he has not really been able to work. I'm going to have to help him pay for it and was wondering if anybody could give us some more advices about what is wrong. He basicly says he cannot sit without pain in his behind. I guess there is a bone that they already checked and it is not broken. Any advice?:thumbup:

Dr. Aceves is in Mexicali, is that the surgeon you refer to?

I can't imagine how the band the Tijuana doctor placed and sitting with pain would be connected, can you provide more info please?

What kind of band did he have from the TJ doctor?

What caused him to have the band removed?

When did his pain start? Before the band? During? After?

What did the Mexicali doctor say?

Hi there, I've decided to go May5th,,,I'm excited, but it is a little weird that nothing negative is said about Dr. Aceves. You would expect that 2% to say something if something went wrong... what do you think?

I think Dr. A's stats show that he has a .01% complication rate and so, unless it is made up hog was, then about .01% of the posts should be negative. I'm being banded by Dr. A on 4-18. Good luck and God speed to you and me both!

Dr.A and his staff are the BEST in my book.I had my surgery in June of '06 and went back the first part of March with my cousin and a co-worker.They both loved their experiences!And had I a BLAST just getting back to see everyone!I had my band adjusted while we were there and they made sure I got a liquid tray when they brought my cousins.I am almost 2 yrs out and have lost 172 lbs.I went from a VERY tight 26W to a 10.Any one looking to be banded by Dr.A will be extremely happy with their decision.

I too was banded by Dr. A and I have nothing but great things to say about him and my experience! I was taken care of better than the hospitals here in the states....The hospital is much cleaner. And the care I got was over the top! They actually care and sit with you and LISTEN and answer all your questions! You couldnt ask for a better Dr. if you ask me!!!!!

Thank you for all your great feedback. I have heard nothing but positive-ness about Dr. Aceves, so I know I've choosen the right Dr... I'm excited! Yeeaaaa

Thank you for all your great feedback. I have heard nothing but positive-ness about Dr. Aceves, so I know I've choosen the right Dr... I'm excited! Yeeaaaa

Have you joined his egroup? It's a yahoo egroup and everyone posting is either his patient or thinking about it.

WABB- I am so new to this, I really don't know what I'm doing...but I want to thank you for all of your good advice and your link to how to research, because it really was awesome! Truly it really helped. Do you know how to get to that egroup? That would be awesome. Thanks alot for sharing your knowledge. All the best,

JaJeanne:smile:

WABB- I am so new to this, I really don't know what I'm doing...but I want to thank you for all of your good advice and your link to how to research, because it really was awesome! Truly it really helped. Do you know how to get to that egroup? That would be awesome. Thanks alot for sharing your knowledge. All the best,

JaJeanne:smile:

I do! Since I post there regularly I just happen to know where it is. ;o)

It is a Yahoo egroup. Go to Yahoo, click on groups, do a search for:

Dr-Aceves-Bandsters

Join that group. Waalahhh... you are one of us. ;o)

And when you go to Mexicali, tell him we all said Hi.

Look at teh bottom of the home page under Mexicali Bariatrics I believe it is, and you should find his site.

Good Luck in your research.

Kat