Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't believe this happened

Last night I was working, shooting photos at a small high school pageant, the evening wrapped up, all went perfectly well, until I was leaving. My husband went to the car first, I then went out and started to walk down the 4 concrete stairs and just fell, rolling down and totally went into a lot of pain and shock. After a trip to the ER room, I have a break in my leg and a break in my ankle. Two breaks at once! :tt1: So, today is my 3 week anniversary since my lap-band surgery on 4/19 and now I have to finish healing from the surgery, nurse two breaks and not exercise. I am in shock over this whole thing. Unreal! I just needed to vent and I will need some support as this won't be easy. It is the first break in my whole life - I have sprained joints, but never had a fracture. What luck - just awful. I am happy that my band area seems to be fine though, that is a blessing!

Wow, that sounds awful! I'm sorry that happened to you. I know you are frustrated since this happened so close to your surgery! ((HUGS)) Just focus on healing and the rest will come later. I sure am glad you band is okay. Take care and I hope you recover quickly!

WOW - what a few weeks you have had. I am really glad you didn't hurt your insides as well with such a rough fall. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Okay, I found out this week that my insurance company has new criteria starting July 1. Instead of just 5 years of weights, and BMI of 40 and above, they changed it to 1 year of a medically supervised diet before I can do surgery. Well I already have a doctor and have started the process of the psych eval and nutrition consult. I told the doc that this is the situation and they think it should be plenty of time. My insurance company Regence Blue Shield said that as long as I have my surgery pre authorized before July 1rst I shoudl be okay. I'm really scared. I am afraid that it won't work out and there will be a gliche.

I tried two years ago to get gastric bypass but backed out the day before surgery I felt like it was too invasive. I have all of my weights but do I need an updated version of them or will those be enough?

Anyway, I'm freaking out. I want this so badly but I'm afraid it all will not work out.

Roxanne

:tt1:

Awful story. Best wishes. I really hate insurance companies. I owned a prosthetic company and you wouldn't believe the problems we had authorizing prosthetics for missing limbs! Geez. I didn't even bother with my Kaiser insurance for my banding - I knew it would be hell and I'd probably gain even more weight in the process. I know that's not always an option but I'm glad it's over and done with. I wish you the best and hope that authorization comes soon.

Sorry about your fall.. I have that fear after I have my band as I had my knee cap removed after 9 surgeries. I have a fear of falling daily... Just take care and be careful, you will heal and be back on the right road in no time :)

OH, my goodness, you poor thing!! That is awful. I am so sorry for you. To just finally be feeling better after surgery and then wind up with that injury! I hope the healing process goes quickly and without complications. Hang in there ... things can only get better!

Last night I was working, shooting photos at a small high school pageant, the evening wrapped up, all went perfectly well, until I was leaving. My husband went to the car first, I then went out and started to walk down the 4 concrete stairs and just fell, rolling down and totally went into a lot of pain and shock. After a trip to the ER room, I have a break in my leg and a break in my ankle. Two breaks at once! :) So, today is my 3 week anniversary since my lap-band surgery on 4/19 and now I have to finish healing from the surgery, nurse two breaks and not exercise. I am in shock over this whole thing. Unreal! I just needed to vent and I will need some support as this won't be easy. It is the first break in my whole life - I have sprained joints, but never had a fracture. What luck - just awful. I am happy that my band area seems to be fine though, that is a blessing!

Hope you have a speedy recovery. I also went to Mexico for my band too, We both have the same surgeon. I go back for my fills. Take care and watch your steep. :thumbup:

You poor thing!

Try to find some humor in your situation if you can. It is awful. Absolutely. I'm sure it doesn't help now to hear this will make good fodder for stories later.

Yuck!

88keyz - what a dreadful thing to happen! Certainly you have my wishes for a speedy recovery. The good thing is the band will still work even though your exercise regime will be stalled. Don't become discouraged.

OMG. You poor thing. What a terrible stroke of bad luck. You may have a set back in your weight loss, who knows, you may not, but if you do, don't panic and get depressed. Be patient. It will happen. Once you get your casts off, maybe try swimming. You may have to avoid prolonged walking, jogging, jumping, elipticals, etc. Hang in there. You have my sympathies.