Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rockin and a Rollin

Hi Mark!! I'm in Sachse and waiting for my surg date...

Good luck next week!!

I went to your bands website and had a thought, How will we know which "band" you are refering to when you post? lol

Any way, I'll be thinking about you this week and hopefully you will up and jammin soon.

Hey Houston and Sachse!!!!!!!!!! ( in case some of you don't know how to pronounce Sachse just bare your bottom row of teeth and tighten your neck muscles and say "SEXY") Thanks guys. I am so glad to meet more fellow Texans. We are a proud bunch aren't we? I am nervous about this deal coming up Tuesday especially after they have screwed up my diet by telling me one date and then giving me another. Putting me on the diet and then taking me off. No telling what my Liver looks like now. Probably a T-bone. But I have a problem with this whole clear liquid diet thing. Do you guys think it is really to get us adjusted to life immediately after the band or is to shrink the liver as I am being told? A good surgeon out to be able to flop that liver to the side regardless, don't ya think? :-) Well I ain't turning back now. This has been too hard of a fight. I wanna be skinny and I'm gonna be. Much Love!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mark,

Yes Okie stand for Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Oklahoma. Are you from McAlester? Good luck on your band. I am still waiting on insurance.

Well this has been one heck of a rollercoater ride. I guess I am not the norm. I had surgery on tuesday of this week. Immediately had problems with nausea but initially conquered it with phenegran. Then wednesday was the worst gas day so far, (Still have it today as a matter of fact) and yesterday the nausea was back full force, especially when I layed down. Now last night I slept the bext I have so far since tuesday. Every since tuesday I was constantly waking during the night with gas pains and Nausea. Last night I went to sleep about 1am amd woke up at 8am, then proceeded to crawl to the master bedroom and slept in their (yeah the first time in my own bed since surgery) until 11:30 this morning. The only problem now is that I can't wake up. IS that normal. Anyway everything will be fine next week I keep telling myself. I am kind of in the Buyers remorse stage. I don't want this tool to be the primary focus of my everyday life. I want to concentrate on my work, My music, My Children and my Life. Hopefully living with the band doesn 't make all of the seconday, etc.....

Mark...How are you??How was the Surg???

I'm 14 days to surg....and nervous as all get out!!

LEt us know how you are doing

Christine

Hi Guitarman and fellow Texans

I am in my 2nd week post-op, boy is it hard I am trying to stick to the liquids, doing okay but I am still hungry are something. Guitarman it will get better I was like you the first few days, very nauseated and extremely Gassy, they say that they have to put some much air in your stomach when they are doing the surgery. My stomach is still makeing all kinds of girgling noises. This website is so wonderful and helpful especially when you are feeling blue, like I am today. I had my surgery on 4/13/05 in Houston, I had my first post-op appt on Wed. and they said I had lost 10-13lbs. WOW that was exciting. Talk to ya soon, take care & god bless ya

Teresa

The gas and nausea is typical for a number of us Bandsters, Mark. Hang in there & it'll get better. Before you know it you'll be callin Ur band Ur new "Best Friend". I know I do...

:)

Thanks to all of you folks for your encouragement. It really does help and I know I will be back to my positive self before too long. I had to go to the emergency room this afternoon because I was so nauseated. The Phenegran wasn't doing anything to help at all. So I called my Doctor in Ft Worth and believe it or not he actually showed up in the ER. He sat me in a wheel chair and personally wheeled be back to the radiology area. Layed me on the table, set up the equipment himself and checked my band. Everything looked good except he said I had a lot of gas and was dehydrated. He said my problem was probablybecause the band was too full when they inserted it. I said to him I thought they were all empty when installed andhe said they have to be tested at Inamed and sometimes they don't drain them completely. So he pulled the bandages off of my port incision and inserted a needle and drew out 1cc of saline. As soon as he did that I felt an immediately pressure relief. We did a Barioum test then and then he took me back to observation. Such a great doctor who also happenes to be banded. I asked him if the band was everything he thought it would be and his eyes lite up and he just smiled and said, "and then some." So that made me feel lots better. If youknow anyone if the DFW area that needs a doctor please have them check out Dr Adam Smith. I know this sounds like an ad bit it's not. (how did I get italics?) Anyway I love all of you guys and can't wait to get backl to jammin.

He said my problem was probablybecause the band was too full when they inserted it. I said to him I thought they were all empty when installed andhe said they have to be tested at Inamed and sometimes they don't drain them completely. So he pulled the bandages off of my port incision and inserted a needle and drew out 1cc of saline. As soon as he did that I felt an immediately pressure relief. We did a Barioum test then and then he took me back to observation.

Oh my gosh, is that what's wrong with me??!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO slow moving along and feel real restriction (I guess) at 2 weeks out, had to go to the hospital last week for dehydration and had an Upper GI that showed very slow passage to the lower stomach and reflux, of course. No slippage, thank goodness, but this just makes me wonder?!!! I simply cannot believe he pulled out 1cc of saline?!!!! I'm getting this checked out I guess. There was not a band doc at the hospital, so i was the resident expert on bands...haha.

Okay, so why did I get on here? OH! I was checking on you, Mark and wondering how you are doing, and found this!! So everything is much better? I hope so.

"Putting me on the diet and then taking me off. No telling what my Liver looks like now. Probably a T-bone. But I have a problem with this whole clear liquid diet thing. Do you guys think it is really to get us adjusted to life immediately after the band or is to shrink the liver as I am being told? "

How long before surgery did you have to be on this liquied diet??

That's pretty depressing to me.