Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 5/7 anyone else out there close to me?

How are you feeling? I can't believe how full I get just by sipping liquids now. What is your post op eating schedule? I'm 1 week clear, 1 week full liquid, then 2 weeks puree.

hey missie I was banded on may 7th as well! I am on 1 day clear 2-5 full 1 week mushie and then on the 2nd week soft foods!

You still having gas pains?

Congrats to both of you! Tell us how you are feeling.

I go in May 13--3 days! I will have 2 weeks Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full and then 2 weeks mushies. I am on Day 12 of Optifast.

I keep telling myself how easy it is to prepare my "meals." Otherwise, I would need to hit someone.

Hey guys!

I was banded 5/7 too. I had been feeling pretty good- but today the gas pains have really been getting to me. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself right now. :tt1:

My husband had the lap band in December and has already lost 65+ pounds. He keeps reminding me that it is worth it!

I was banded 5/7 in St. Augustine, Florida. I am having many up and down moments. I have a lot of family here "supporting" me- while eating BBQ, drinking beer and eating chocolate cake- gotta love family :tt1:

I am having some pressure in my chest after drinking anything. Water is the best thing for me I think. Maybe I am drinking too fast?

My diet consisted of...

3 days Clear Liquids

3 Weeks of full liquids (yogurt, puree fruit, milk, Protein shakes)- I started this today and already had a hard time getting in all of my protein today.

after 21 days I can start adding meats and veggies.

I am still positive but have had been shaky a little and have some head hunger- which I am sure my family helped contribute to.

This site has been so great! It is nice to know that there are others going through similar feelings.

It is awesome. Half a cup of Soup and your stuffed????? Wish it could last. I am three weeks banded yesterday (Friday). I am eating soft to regular foods. My appetite is back with a vengence. The swelling is down and I don't have hardly any restriction like week one and two. Now I am just practicing to chew chew chew and eat small portions. I do get a fill at 6 weeks but it is all about diet and exercise now. It can take a couple fills to get to what they call your sweet spot in restriction. Good Luck.

Yes, I'm still having gas pains. I haven't had a bm since Monday so I took some milk of magesia and that REALLY helped! I feel so much better! I drank 6 oz of Protein and have been feeling really full. Its kinda nice I haven't felt like eating anything else. The only pain I have is from gas and from the port. When I woke up my first thoughts were "what the hell did I do to myself!" I was in so much pain! I got out of the hospital on Thursday..since the nurses knew I was getting out they didn't come and see me after they left me the food tray. I buzzed them 2 times and they would just turn out the light and not come. Finally my husband went to find a nurse and asked if she could help me. She said "We're short staffed..if you want to get me some help, I can help her" We thought that was very unprofessional. I finally went up and started screaming at the desk for someone to help me. LOL I was in major pain! My surgeon was NOT happy.

I was banded on the seventh too. I am on full liquids for six weeeks, then i can move to pureed, then soft, then regular. Are you still sore? Or are you pretty much able to move around normally. I was also wondering if anyone else was having SHARP pains in your sholdure.

I had my surgery yesterday and my pain is more of a gas/bloated feeling. Taking Gas X strips and it helps. I've been doing a lot of walking also. I get two days of clears, 2 weeks of full liquids, 1 week of mushy and the 4th week I can eat regular. I was trying to drink some juice today and it was too sweet, had to dilute it. I've never found juice to be too sweet, ever!

We're on our way, Colleen

Hey Everyone! I have been reading silently for some time now and want to thank everyone for all the great information and support. My friend and I both were banded on May 8th. We are doing pretty well, just pain in our left stomach. Is that the port area? We feel it mostly when we get up and down. Our Dr has us on clear liquids for days 1-3, days 4-8 full liquids doing the Protein Drinks up to 3 times per day and no snacking. Then day 9-15 soft foods and real food day 16 and afterward. It is so great to do this with a best friend and we also work together and sit right next to each other at work. We are in our forties and want to be healthier. It is time to take better care of ourselves for those we love and ourselves. Good Luck to everyone!!!

I was banded on Monday May 5. I wish my doc was a bit more specific about the days and how long to stay on x y z. I was shocked that after coming up to my room from recovery they gave me custard! I had thought I needed to have clear liquids as well. My doc said..yogurts..puddings..applesauce creamed Soups...then nutritionist said I would KNOW when to move to blended foods..I would be hungry she said. Well I know I am not sure what ready is...

I will keep working at it. Tonight I ate about a 1/2 c of ice cream...I have never been able to eat only a 1/2 c of ice cream in my life! Always a Soup bowl! and I was full. I know that is not a choice to make on a reg basis but is it okay like once on the weekend? OR should I avoid it? I welcome advice because I want to succeed at this.

I KNOW that the ic was not the best choice..I had been having a rough day emotionally and ic is what I often turn to. Just being honest.

Cindi

Two things have helped me with gas. Walking like crazy and a heating pad. I can't tell if the gas x strips really help or not.

When I walk I go to albertsons or Walmart and just walk the store. I don't want to sweat with my steril strips on so I walk in a cooled environment (malls work too). The other day I was picking up some milk and I had a 7 second belch, it was heavenly music!

I just started the heating pad and I passed gas maybe 4-6 times in a 3 hour period so that definitely helps. No real shoulder or lower back pain yet but you never know.

So missie you recommend milk of magnesia? I haven't had a bowl movement since tuesday night myself. Also, did you take your bandages off to shower? Not the sterile strips of course.

I was banded on Monday May 5. I wish my doc was a bit more specific about the days and how long to stay on x y z. I was shocked that after coming up to my room from recovery they gave me custard! I had thought I needed to have clear liquids as well. My doc said..yogurts..puddings..applesauce creamed soups...then nutritionist said I would KNOW when to move to blended foods..I would be hungry she said. Well I know I am not sure what ready is...

I will keep working at it. Tonight I ate about a 1/2 c of ice cream...I have never been able to eat only a 1/2 c of ice cream in my life! Always a Soup bowl! and I was full. I know that is not a choice to make on a reg basis but is it okay like once on the weekend? OR should I avoid it? I welcome advice because I want to succeed at this.

I KNOW that the ic was not the best choice..I had been having a rough day emotionally and ic is what I often turn to. Just being honest.

Cindi

I don't see why fat free ice cream in a half bowl amount is so bad. It probably has the same calorie amount as my low fat yogurt :tt1:

Hey guys!

I was banded 5/7 too. I had been feeling pretty good- but today the gas pains have really been getting to me. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself right now. :tt1:

My husband had the lap band in December and has already lost 65+ pounds. He keeps reminding me that it is worth it!

Good luck to you in Tucson! I live in Sierra Vista and will be banded on 5/21! I can't wait. :Dancing_wub: Don't feel sorry for yourself - let your body heal and take good care of yourself. You will do great! It's awesome that your hubby understands what you're going through. Blessings to you both and best of luck to you!