Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you like to see at a Convention?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see at a Convention?

Told husband about it! I cannt wait! I got 7 kids at home and just a day or two to myself that would be awesome!

Cher: I think I'm interested. I'm pretty much in the closet so I'm a little nervous about coming out at a convention. But I think that it could be very good to meet other bandsters and meet people in the business of helping obese folks..

PERFECT time to meet up - !!:cursing:

In the DFW area myself & would definitely be interested meeting other LBT members.

Sounds like a great event, I'm in from down here in Houston, I'd be interested in hearing surgeons talk about some of the problems some of the bandsters have encountered like the flipped ports, slippage, like more details on detection, solutions, etc. I would also like to hear from bandsters that are old hats at this, those that have gone the distance and how they stayed on course for years,,,and those who changed course say and decided to change their initial goal and why (+&-) to help us newer bandsters prepare for those later years.

Coachcher, can I check on the status of your plans by checking the site? I have my email blocked, was getting flooded by far too many.

Thanks, looking forward to a convention.

Hey Sugar bear,

I have plans for the final day to have successful bandsters share their stories with us and how they stayed on course. Great suggestion. I will also have 3 LAP-BAND Surgeons speaking w/us so I will definately have one address the issues you mentioned.

I am making a list of all the suggestions I'm receiving so I can try to cover everyone's request.

You can check the tentative schedule on my website under the "Workshop" tab. Now keep in mind it's not complete but you can get an idea of what to expect thus far.

This is a tad out there but........any chance of finding a doctor willing to donate his banding services, then selling raffle tickets with a lap band being the prize. Would certainly draw more folks that were interested in the procedure.

Hey Sugar bear,

I have plans for the final day to have successful bandsters share their stories with us and how they stayed on course. Great suggestion. I will also have 3 LAP-BAND Surgeons speaking w/us so I will definately have one address the issues you mentioned.

I am making a list of all the suggestions I'm receiving so I can try to cover everyone's request.

You can check the tentative schedule on my website under the "Workshop" tab. Now keep in mind it's not complete but you can get an idea of what to expect thus far.

I have helped organize some bandster bashes in Canada as part of a committee... they are a ton of fun we have had sex therapist comes talk about dealing with the body images pre and post losing weight, counselors, long time bandsters, plastic surgeons are always great and we have done draws for free bands and other services like consultations with plastic surgeons etc. Good luck with the planning it is a ton of work I will keep watching the thread I might be able to talk some cdns into coming down.

Heather

I thought of that as well. I am going to look into it to see if I can get one of the surgeon's to donate a band surgery.

Keep your fingers crossed I can pull it off.

Heather,

Ahh good someone who has been in my shoes, I am sure I will be PM'ing you for more ideas and suggestions. It's always good to have someone who has done this before to brainstorm with:))

Great suggestions!! I have Mary Jo Rapini booked to speak to us about Body Image and Sexuality. I am still in the process of locating a Plastic Surgeon to be a guest speaker.

Heather,

Ahh good someone who has been in my shoes, I am sure I will be PM'ing you for more ideas and suggestions. It's always good to have someone who has done this before to brainstorm with:))

Great suggestions!! I have Mary Jo Rapini booked to speak to us about Body Image and Sexuality. I am still in the process of locating a Plastic Surgeon to be a guest speaker.

Plastics are the easiest usually and they will donate things like treatments etc.... they make money by talking about their skills and they find new patients.... you should be able to get a line up of them but look for one who has worked with WLS patients our skin is really different and hard to work with.

Good luck

Heather

I think it sounds great! Any chance it would be Oct 10th weekend? That is when many AZ people have fall break...there seems to be a lot of teachers among us bandsters!!!

Also, what about an Endocronologist...I have a great one in mind...She could talk about Diabetes...management...etc... Plus then we could room together! I know she speaks aroung the country not as a "band" person but she is who encouraged me...

Also, inviting folks from The American Diabetic and American Heart Associations....Breast Cancer etc.... Maybe even some pharmaceutical reps...they could throw in some "freebies?" sponsers etc....

Hi Amsderb,

The suggestions you gave are great. However time will not permit to bring in so many guest. We will only have guest speakers on Saturday and we also want to do break out sessions. If this was a week long event; it would be great to have these types of guest speakers speak to us.

Cher, thanks for the reply....No problem...I was just brainstorming! Keep us posted on the plans though!

AND THANK YOU!!!