Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Annie 55, You say you will have your weight loss surgery in Toronto. Where will you get your fills done? Won't that cost a lot of money to travel back and forth to Toronto every few months.

When I called medicare they said they would pay for my surgery and the band and follow up care but all travel expences were up to me.

Hi there.. sorry it took a heart attack and other things for them to open their wallets ...shame on them ... I do have diabetis and hypertension and Rheumitoid Arthritis plus Gastris and you name it ...If they dont do it Iam sure I will not be on the planet long .. anyway thanks for the comeback.... annie

Thank you Inuit, I am a diabetic have ostreo arthritis and have some joint problems, so my next step will be to get my Dr. to write M.S.I. Now my knees will be sore cause I'll be on them praying for it to go through.

How was the day info seeion? When I saw Dr.B he said I could do it then or wait till I got the money to do the surgery.

It's a shame that you have to have a heart attack for them to pay to get this done. I wish you all the very best. Thanks again.

Annie, I thought you already had your date for surgery. I'm sorry I must have misunderstood. Pearl, the all day info sessiion was wonderful and you learned so much. Speaers were, one of the nurses on Dr. B.'s staff, a registered dietitian, she was really good too, a psychologist came in and spoke, she was really good too. The last speaker of the day was a lady from Fredericton who had gastric bypass surgery in 2005. OMG she looked amazing. She showed us a photo of herself before surgery. You wouldn't know it was the same person. She has had a LOT of complications though. She has had surgery every year since except this year due to complications. You will really enjoy the info session. There was only a man and me there Tuesday. Someone else was supposed to be there but did not show up. :whatchutalkingabout

Hi there ..yes once my MSI gets to me I will be done around april 30th give or take a day ..its just that I dont get back from the cruise until april 10th and have to do opti fast for 2 weeks before I believe .. anne

Wow, Annie that's cutting it close. In order to get the two weeks in, willyou have to start Optifast while still on you vacation?:whatchutalkingabout

Well never thought of that ! you are right only 30 days in april. I hope you can get it at the drug stors the Optifast that is...and also I can really cut done last day of the holidays and start right on the 10th:cry_smile: but well worth it really !!!:whatchutalkingabout

Annie, hopefully the rules in Toronto are different than they are in Moncton. In moncton I was weighed at my first visit and again when I arrived for the info session. I still have to go back to sign consents and then back again for preops. I will need to go back again 1 week prior to surgery. I will be weighed at each visit. If at any time I have gained weight, my surgery will be postponed untill I continuously lose weight. Scary or what.

Hopefully Toronto is different. Will it cost you very much? Travel and all.

Optifast is not sold in pharmacies. WLS clinics sell it.

Wow! :w00t:yes that is very different ! I have all the pre-ops done here and I already questioned the weightloss part ..all will be ok ..Iam very happy that Iam not getting it done in moncton:thumbup:

Yeah really. I am so terrified and anxious that I will gain weight that all I think about is weight and food. I feel like I am so worried about it that I eat all the time or feel hungry all the time.I am hoping to get the call from moncton but at the same time dreading it in case I haven't lost or worse gained. I wish I had the money to pay for it myself so I wouldn't feel so constrained.

hello there ..yes the eating part is called "The Last Supper Syndrome" I have read that everyone gets it and feels the same ... annie

Hi Annie, I am curious who you spoke with @ the MSI office, I phoned the office and spoke to a lady I have her name and # , I phoned for totally selfish reasons on my own part because I was hoping that NS MSI like New brunswick would give some rebate money back to self paying patients once they started covering the LAp band in that province earlier in 2008, but I was told that NS is not paying for the band itself they are still just covering the procedure, patients that are approved still need to pay for the cost of the band. And she also said that there are no plans in the immediate future for MSI to cover the cost of the LAp BAnd. Where did you get this info from? Thakns Sherry

Hello I think I was talking to a Colleen ..I hope you are wrong ..but when i get the info for sure I will let you no for certain ..And I aslo told her that it was 16000 and she said yes that she knew all about it ..so now Iam scared whaaaaaaaaaaaa..I want you to be wrong ..let you know either way ! Annie:confused: