Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slippage w/ dilated esophagus & hiatul hernia

I just found out my band was not slipped. It is my gallbladder. Amazing how much alike the pain was to when I did not chew my food up well enough and it would get stuck going down through my band. Anyways I am having my gallbladder out Mon. 5/19 by the same doctor who inserted my Lap band, which makes me feel alot better.

Chris

Glad it's not band slippage, but sorry about the GB. Thats nice to have the same surgeon, especially when you have trust and a relationship already established.
Hi All-

Yesterday I had my band removed and a new one put in due to slippage. The pain and vomiting (sorry) was not nice. I have lost 118 pounds and am two years out this August and do not understand what happened. The surgeon put in a 10cc band where before I had a 4cc. I am down 118 pounds to 170 and only want to loose about 5 more. My highest weight the day of the surgery was 288.6. I am confused as to why this happened after two years. Oh well, be well all.

Fran

Sorry to hear this. I don't know why sometimes this happens just out of the blue - seems like there are a lot of these. It is difficult when we can not see directly what may have caused it.

UPDATE: My doc said everything looks fine - no slippage, hernia and esophagus went back down to normal.

Gave me .5 cc (5cc band) and I will f/u in 3 weeks. Doc said He would do another GI when he fills me to 2cc. Thats if I go that high.

Thats great news!

I didn't have another barium swallow and my Doc put 5 cc back in on Monday. Its taken me a few days to get used to eating MUCH less again! I can go back for another 1cc next week if I want, but I'm starting to think I might wait a little longer.

Thats great news!

I didn't have another barium swallow and my Doc put 5 cc back in on Monday. Its taken me a few days to get used to eating MUCH less again! I can go back for another 1cc next week if I want, but I'm starting to think I might wait a little longer.

I know what you mean about getting used to eating much less. I am even a little scared to even eat now w/ a slight fill.

While I was unfilled for the most part I only drank shakes or ate Soups & mushies, but in the past week was begining to eat other foods. It did take quite a bit to begin to fill me, but quite a bit does not compair to life w/ out the band, but I kept to smaller portions because I didn't want to gain.

I was actually able to loose about 3-5lbs while I was unfilled, so I am happy and proud of that. :biggrin2:

I won't get another fill until after July 2 because I am going to Spain for 2 weeks in June and we don't want to have any problems while I am gone.

I know what you mean about getting used to eating much less. I am even a little scared to even eat now w/ a slight fill.

While I was unfilled for the most part I only drank shakes or ate Soups & mushies, but in the past week was begining to eat other foods. It did take quite a bit to begin to fill me, but quite a bit does not compair to life w/ out the band, but I kept to smaller portions because I didn't want to gain.

I was actually able to loose about 3-5lbs while I was unfilled, so I am happy and proud of that. :biggrin2:

I won't get another fill until after July 2 because I am going to Spain for 2 weeks in June and we don't want to have any problems while I am gone.

Oh how lucky to be going to Spain. My favorite country for travel of all! I read this thread because I am having problems after a year and a half of banding. Last few days I have problems with solids, eat more than 3 bites and feel awful pain, not like restriction or being stuck. I called my doctor and was told this might be dilation. I am on liquid diet for 2 days and will call them on Friday. I am at my goal weight, so if they have to deflate a little it won't be horrible news. Yet, I don't want any thing worse than that.

I have been to Spain twice. Once to northern area (Madrid, Toledo, barcelono) and once to the south (Seville, Arcos). Where are you travelling? Honestly, Spain is my favorite country to visit. They are so nice, eager to please and the food is wonderful!

Terry

Oh how lucky to be going to Spain. My favorite country for travel of all! I read this thread because I am having problems after a year and a half of banding. Last few days I have problems with solids, eat more than 3 bites and feel awful pain, not like restriction or being stuck. I called my doctor and was told this might be dilation. I am on liquid diet for 2 days and will call them on Friday. I am at my goal weight, so if they have to deflate a little it won't be horrible news. Yet, I don't want any thing worse than that.

I have been to Spain twice. Once to northern area (Madrid, Toledo, barcelono) and once to the south (Seville, Arcos). Where are you travelling? Honestly, Spain is my favorite country to visit. They are so nice, eager to please and the food is wonderful!

Terry

HI - Keep on it about your symptoms - don't be like I did and tolerate it. Now I know better. Good that you are doing liquids. I think I know when it happened, because one morning I woke up and could eat/drink or swallow spit. I called the office and the nurse told me to stick w/ liquids and if the next day I couldn't eat anything to come it. Next day I was better, except for gastric reflux.

I will be going in Monday for an additional fill - right now I am at .5cc and really no restriction - it is hard to not over due it and gain. I am maintaining right now.

This will be my 2nd time going to Spain. We went last June and going again for a mission trip. We are going to Palencia which is almost 3 hrs north of Madrid. On our last day in Spain we did go to Segovia and sight see - that was a beautiful town.

This is the only country I have been to, but I loved it - feel like home. I was so impressed by the difference in culture - prideful people but in a good way. The city was amazingly clean and the food was delicious. I was expecting food to be like Mexican food, but it was more like Italian food with the red sauces and olive oil. Loved the Coca Cola too - that was the real stuff there.

We did get some stares and lookers because 12 Americans were walking the streets there and this is not a tourist town, so we really stuck out, but all the better to make them curious.

When we got to Segovia it was weird seeing a bunch of Anericans and hearing the speak English.

I am looking forward to going again.