Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Tom Brown, Denver - $9,900, and very experienced

There are lots of folks who have used Dr K but an alternative is Dr Brown also in Denver.

He is great and his nurses are wonderful. He charges $9,900 and free fills for 6 months (I think). He operates at the same place as Dr K. and has done 1000 lap bands.

The nurses go to your surgery also so they really know where your port is and how you did in surgery- very helpful.

I have had great service from them and they are very aggessive with fills. No .02 cc's here. I have great restriction after 2 fills. I called two weeks after the first fill and asked for more and they booked me right in.

My partner also got banded by Dr. Brown and has had the same great experience.

Just my 2 cents!

Love and success on your journey!

Sadie

Guest BikiniBeachy

There are lots of folks who have used Dr K but an alternative is Dr Brown also in Denver.

He is great and his nurses are wonderful. He charges $9,900 and free fills for 6 months (I think). He operates at the same place as Dr K. and has done 1000 lap bands.

The nurses go to your surgery also so they really know where your port is and how you did in surgery- very helpful.

I have had great service from them and they are very aggessive with fills. No .02 cc's here. I have great restriction after 2 fills. I called two weeks after the first fill and asked for more and they booked me right in.

Just my 2 cents!

Sadie

That is so good to hear. In my posts yesterday I met a woman who had been to his office and was disappointed. :smile2: Dr Brown is covered under Kaiser, so when they approved me in 2-3 weeks (fingers crossed) maybe he will be my surgeon! Yay!

It is great to hear that there are excellent lapband surgeons in the U.S who are charging reasonable prices. They ae almost competitive with Mexico.

I'm sorry Bikini, that was me. I am sure he is a very qualified Dr. I just didn't have a good experience with the staff and seminar and was very disappointed he wasn't at the seminar. Likewise, as everyone is different, I am sure their needs and desires in a surgeon are all different as well. I hope you get your approval soon! Wish I had Kaiser paying for mine. My insurance won't pay so I am self pay. OUCH!!

Guest BikiniBeachy

I'm sorry Bikini, that was me. I am sure he is a very qualified Dr. I just didn't have a good experience with the staff and seminar and was very disappointed he wasn't at the seminar. Likewise, as everyone is different, I am sure their needs and desires in a surgeon are all different as well. I hope you get your approval soon! Wish I had Kaiser paying for mine. My insurance won't pay so I am self pay. OUCH!!

No prob Long. I am grateful I got to hear all sides, that what this site is for! I'm gunna be super educated on the situation!

Just my 2 cents!

Sadie

First of all let me educate you a little. Dr. Kirshenbaum and Dr. Brown do not work at the same facilities. Dr. Kirshenbaum works primarily at Crown Point Surgery Center & Dry Creek Surgery Center. Dr. Brown only works at Rose Hospital. Also, Dr. Brown has not done 1,000 lap-bands, the last check with Inamed/Allergan he had not even done 100. His fills ARE NOT free for six months, when I checked they were $50.00. If you want to look at a comparison got to Dr. Kirshenbaum's website Lap Band Surgery in Denver Colorado | Lap Band Surgeon in Denver | Gastric Band Surgery Denver | Bariatric Surgery When you calculate the cost of fills and the lack of experience Dr. Brown doesn't come close to Dr. Kirshenbaum. You can also read feed back on this site at "considering Dr. Kirshenbaum from his patient's.

I found Dr Brown to be nice enough and have had no problems with my surgery (knock wood), but the aftercare was not even an afterTHOUGHT. No calls to check in, and the staffers that answer the phone are cold and quick to get off the phone and the office is impersonal and is runs like a factory assembly-line. There is over a month's waiting list to get a fill and as I have a pretty tight schedule, I just don't get it done. If I had to do it over, I would not go to Dr. Brown. I had my surgery three years ago and still no one can remember who I am or really seems to care. I paid over $15,000 out of pocket for this? Not impressed. :cool: