Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nymphs Weight Loss To Date

I'm so glad to see people posting here. I have done pretty good. I weighed 269 the day of surgery. Today I weigh 148. I have decided this is a frat weight for me. I got down to 124 but at 5'7" that was too little for me. I had Fluid taken out and went up to 180!!! I about died. That's not to mention I had no clothes to wear. LOL. I made Lifetime at WW about three years ago. I need to go back though. When I was student teaching I just forgot to go LOL

I have had some issues with refluxe and heartburn but not bad enough to do anything. I love my band and will put up with any problems I may have. The band changed my life. It's so funny to tell people how much I used to weigh and to be referred to as "a little bitty thing.".

Wendy Hall

I am SO glad to hear from some of the nymphs! Wow, it's been so long! I have wondered how everyone has been as well. I had been doing well. I didn't get to goal, but was okay with the weight I had lost, and then I got pregnant (3 years ago), had a complete unfill. I did okay and didn't gain too much during the pregnancy, then lost a lot of the weight again a few months after the baby was born, but THEN I started to put the weight back on. I have always been grateful I got the band because I know I would have gained and kept gaining without stop. The band stopped the weight gain and helped me get my normal body back (for a little while at least). I do have concerns about some foreign object in my body and what exactly is going on in there. I hope it doesn't give me cancer or something. I know, sounds weird, but I am a bit of a worrywart with things. I've gotten a few fills since the baby was born but honestly I have just been so tired with two kids that I haven't wanted to deal with getting stuck all the time. The band did get me to lose weight but not the way it should have - the way I lost weight was when I was so tight that I couldn't eat anything. I would get stuck, throw up, get an unfill, heal for a month, get a fill, get stuck, throw up, and the cycle would repeat. That is how I lost the weight. I guess bulemia would have been cheaper! lol! (just kidding of course) I just don't want to go through that again, although right now I don't know the alternative because I am back to my overeating ways where I can't seem to stop myself. Every day I start out like I should on "program" but by noon I'm throwing back the junk food. Once I get on program for a good week, I am always okay and do really well. It's just the starting I can't seem to get past. We are in the process of selling our house and moving to a new city which is extremely stressful on me because I love where we live right now. So just lately it has been hard. I wish I could hear from more of the November Nymphs!

Hi Wendy, you are definitely one of the success stories on here. Congratulations! I am like Linda, never could get the band at the right level and ended up throwing most good food. I am finding being on WW is good... still eating but choosing the healthier things more often than the junk... hope I can stick with it! :)

Good luck Linda, I understand your pain. If you're not already doing it, I would suggest WW as it helps you lose weight as well as lets you enjoy the odd treat. Keep posting... I'm glad I've come back to check things out on here. Take care.

PS looking at my ticker, I had planned to lose a lot more than I said in my earlier post. I must say I would be happy just getting down another 30 lbs at this stage.

Stl24nger-

My port does not protrude at all. I guess I am lucky.

OH man! You ARE lucky! It's so weird!!!!

Stl24nger-

My port does not protrude at all. I guess I am lucky.

It's so great that we are still communicating as our five year anniversary nears. I've been between 68 - 65 kilo for most of the year, maintaining a 62 kilo (136.lb) pound loss with a BMI of 23.2. Right now, I'm not eating Breakfast, having a main meal at lunch and doing fruits (so good here this time of year!) and veggies for the rest of the day. Learning how to deal with stressors which used to make me eat, forgiving myself for slips and trying to be an all around good guy.

Hi everyone,

Shortgal is alive and well. I have settled into a good place, not as low a weight as I should be or want to be, but it's ok.

I am still walking and I'm confident that is the reason I am still down 50 pounds from my highest weight.

I gain a bit and then work at getting it off, like a normal person. I use a smartphone app called "Lose it" to track my calories when I need to take off a few pounds. It even scans the barcode on packaged food and automatically enters the calories.

I have found new healthy foods to try like quinoa and I love fruit. My biggest challenge is sugar, I still like my Desserts. I try to opt for sorbet instead of ice cream, so still trying to make small changes in eating.

I am consistent with walking, with weather being my one obstacle, too hot or too cold and my walking suffers, but I am still racking up the mileage.

Good to see you all posting on here, cannot believe it is almost five years. I am now a grandmother to two. My grandaughter is 2.5 and my grandson is almost a year old. Gotta stay healthy for them.

Hi Guys! It's Firebolt here...Alive & well! It's been almost 5 years? Whoa...

Well, as for my journey - I did amazingly well at first. I started at 243 and got down to 163 with eating right, and walking. But...Over the years, I found ways to cheat the band (I find chips & salsa go down really easy, as do crackers, anything cruncy). I'm now back up to 210, but still very thankful for the weight I've lot. The band keeps me from gaining EVEN MORE, which I'm certain I would have done.

I've been through the "get stuck, unfill, heal, refill" stuff a few times. Only once did I have to go to the hospital (darned RICE!!) I also have "productive burps" quite often as I try to cheat my band (almost daily). I've been a bad girl & stopped walking too. I have this cyclical thing, where I'll be so tight that I go onto liquids for a few days. Then, I loosen up & simply gorge on what ever I can to make up for those days of starving. Bad - I know. I also have pretty much given up eating breakfast (too tight). Sometimes I can nibble on a Protein bar, or when I'm looser, I can eat a slice of bacon.

You all have given me new hope & determination. I WILL walk today. Tomorrow I will try again to walk. Hoping to take it one day at a time.

Keep us all up to date. I love to hear from all of you! Blessings to all!

Judy

Hi Everyone!

CindyG here...Wow, I've missed you all! So good to catch up. Shortgal, congrats on becoming a Grandma! Wendy and SkinnyJill, I'm so jealous, lol! Bandpal, glad you're still doing so well! Sades, how are things in Australia? Must be winter there now...And great to hear from the rest of you! This is exciting that we are still connected after nearly five years!

As for me, my band journey has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride. As one of the nurses in my doc's office told me, "Sometimes the band screws with some people and I'm one of those"! It seems like it does with some of our other members as well. I'm either too tight or too loose. I can't get any tighter or I can't even swallow Water. However, the way it is now, I can eat almost anything I like. So I had to learn to work with it. I did lose 60 lbs the first year and kept that off for 2 years. But then 20 crept back on and I had to fight for every pound to lose it. A new doctor at my band doc's office told me that I actually lost more than the average person does with the band and it's going to take sheer will to lose the rest. I have 40 more to go to feel "normal".

I've developed a pouch above the band and may need the band removed and either replaced eventually or have a revision surgery. The doc suggested that I consider gastric bypass as the best way to take off the rest of the weight. I think that's too drastic for 40 lbs so I'm going to work very hard with the band and the little restriction I do have to slowly get it off.

I also met with a cosmetic surgeon to see how much more I would need to lose to get a Tummy Tuck and surprisingly, he said I could get one now if I wanted but would be happier with the results if I could take off at least another 20 lbs. So there's some more motivation! I would give anything for a flat tummy again!

Anyway, glad that all is well with everyone...Stay in touch and good luck to all of us still on the weight loss journey!

Cindy

Hi Cindy, it is Winter here but the sun just keeps on shining! Soon to be Spring. I have been up and down too with the weight but hopefully should get back down in the next few months. I have been following WW and lost a few lbs again. I have my band pretty lose right now so I am not really utilising it. I threw all the good food when it was tight so trying to work on my own for now. Good luck with getting those lbs off and with your Tummy Tuck. Take care.

Btw, my current weight is 198 lbs so based on my ticker, I need to lose 11 lbs to get back there. Not bad considering I put almost half my weight back on.

I can't believe that next week will be my 5 year anniversary! I'm still hanging at about 152 or so. I made the decision to not let myself get over 160. At 5'7" that is a good weight for me. I now sometime forget that I had lapband surgery. It seems like I have always been this weight. It's funny I have so many people who didn't know me when I weighted more. They can't believe that I was ever that heavy. When someone calls me a, " Skinny Thing" I want to laugh.

5 year bandiversary today and my weight is 141! I am up a few pounds but so much better than the 222 I was 5 years ago today.

Hey November Nymphs,

Anyone still around? We're at nine years now. How is everyone?

Long story short: I'm looking at revision surgery possibly by March 2017. I'm back up to my original weight & can no longer be filled due to scar tissue.

Hope to hear how each of you are doing.

Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App