Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing 100 in a year?

Is 2 miles a day not enough to lose weight? Are should I do a little more? I hate exercise(work out):smile2:, but I love to walk!!

Do you think it's possible?

If you stick to a right diet/exersize plan?

=)

Yep - I'm almost there 86 in 9 month 3 months to lose 14...

I don't diet - I eat healthy and I do exercise regularly

redgirl,

it really all depends on your walk...

my guess is in the beginning, it may be enough, but as you lose more and more, you will more than likely need ot ramp it up.

find something you like. classes, swimming, dancing, you name it.

good luck.

Most of you mentioned the importance of exercise which I am glad to see. However, what kind of exercise and how much have you all found to be effective in helping you shed 100 lbs in a year? My doctor recommended one our of walkinga day (no distance suggested). Just bought a Pilates machine that was the Today's Special Value Saturday which actually arrived today. Now I'm scared. I know I'm not physically ready to start traing because my surgery was on 8 Apr. It'll be waiting on me

I'm with JLM & Julie - I started slowly and each week increased my time, speed and incline - I am up to 3 mile 2 x week at varing speeds and inclines (I am even run for 1/4 mile of the 3 miles - just started this)- and have a trainer 2 x week

Redgirl - I use to hate exercise too - but I now can say I like it alot - can't say I LOVE it but am very fond of it now - It is a big key in getting the weight off...

I lost 110 pounds in 5 months but that came with 5 hours excerise a day!!

Edited by MissyL

I lost approx. 104lb by my 1 year anniversary.. and I did not start really exercising until about 1 week before my 1 year anniversary.

Yes, it's possible. With my first band, I lost 165 pounds in 12 months. I had a lot to lose though, I started at 385.

Question for everyone -

How much do you exercise? What's your typical schedule?

Erica

I started slow to begin with heck 250 and exercise wasn't a good mix especially after being a slug bug for so long - I think I started 20 min 4-5 times a week - I am now up to 3 miles in 50 minutes on variouse speeds 3.0 to 4.0 even trying to run for 1/4 of those 3 miles - I do cardo minimum 2 times a week - sometime 3 - and I have a trainer that I work with 1 hr 2 days a week.

Monday Trainer

Tues Cadrio

Wed Trainer

Thur Off

Frid - Maybe cardio

Sat - Cardio

Sun - Off

My schedule varies quite a lot.

This weekL:

Saturday rode bike 20 miles

Sunday rode bike 67 miles

Monday nothing

Tuesday run 3 miles

Wednesday in the gym 30 minutes (slacker)

Thursday run 3 miles

Friday in the gym an hour

Saturday/Sunday nothing.

But I'm training to ride a 100 mile ride in two weeks. I'll back of the cycling after that and do more gym time.

Yes, I did it. I let the band do it's job and worked really hard at re-learning how to eat and developing a new relationship with food.

I didn't and still don't exercise. I do garden and stuff to keep me active...break a sweat with garden!

LJM and Julie -

This is a GREAT thread. I am just getting started with the exercise (couch to 5K) and I have lost about 50% of my total weight to loose. Question: did you alter your eating (did you eat more) once you started exercising regularly? I am not seeing the scale move at all and I am trying not to get frustrated, some are saying that I may not be eating enough! Ugh, HELP!

I certainly eat more on the big the workout days. Not so much differently on a gym day.

You'll want to eat about an hour or 90 minutes before you workout, and there are times afterward where you'll want eat something small....