Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress, friends, kids, and trying to quit smoking ......

Ten days left and my nerves are shot all to hell. Between trying to get my house in tip top shape for my mom coming in, and making it so after she leaves my house cleaning is minimal work until I am back to 100%. My kids having sleep over’s (one of there closest friends is moving soon) over here, dr. appointments, stressing about my husband being gone I am ready for the men in the white suits to bring me the soft warm wrap around jacket. Top it all off with trying to maintain my self prescribed 2/3 liquid diet, my will power is about to snap with my sanity.

I have friends getting on my last nerve to compound it!! One of them, sweet kid but really needy and selfish all in the same boat, and about as dumb as a box of rocks. Needless to say I finally blew up one day and it was all aimed at her. What is sad about it all, I don’t feel bad, its stuff I have been wanting to say to her for ages now but have been just to nice to say. While she is trying to pretend I am not angry with her and everything is hunky dory (told you she is a dim one) she is acting all hurt and stuff cause I wont talk to her. I told her a few times that I need space and time, I am one to hold a grudge and if it’s not allowed to go its course it tends to grow. Found out though, that the reason she has been calling me and trying to get me to forgive her or at least pretend nothing is wrong, the week of my surgery she wants me to watch her kids. Yeah that was a nice treat, glad to know I am good for something. *rolls eyes*

Back to the real problem, my sanity vs. willpower. I think they are both on the same wavelength because when my will power starts to wane my sanity feels like it is holding on by a very thin fragile string. So for the time being I have scaled back to a ½ liquid diet, I don’t want to put any of the weight back on, but right now with the added extra stressors I just can’t deal with something like that. I think on the first I will go forward with the 2/3 diet again and then on the 5th move up to a full liquid diet as I don’t want to take a chance of them not doing my surgery. LOL

Top if all off, the patch isn’t helping me any …. I still want to smoke but it’s a huge big no-no with the patch. It has been 2 weeks and this morning I didn’t put one back on. You can make yourself ill if you smoke and have the patch. I asked my surgeon about the prescription chantrix and he said when I come in for me 2week post of visit if I am healing fine and moved on to mushy solids with out issue he will prescribe it for me. He told me I have too much on my plate pre-op to worry about quitting and to wait until I have healed and am not as stressed out before I try it again. He said Chantrix + the Nicotine Patch I will have the best shot at quitting. But I will have to follow up with my PCP in one months time cause he will only prescribe 30 days supply. Which is all I will need, it takes 13 days to make something a habit, and 21 to break the habit (nifty psycho babble facts that are useless LOL). He said if I am in need I can double it with the final stage of the patch (the weak one) if I really feel the “need” to smoke I hope I am not that bad of a smoker. I really do, because that would be bad.

Ok my rant is done, I just had to get it off my chest, I do feel better … (most of my problems are from trying to quit smoking I know. So I am following my doc’s orders and not going to worry about it until AFTER my surgery so I don’t have high blood pressure every fricken day.)

Geez,

and I thought I had problems...LOL... You make mine seem like nothing...

Yes the Chantix will help you so much better than the patch... What state r u in? My name is Rose whats yours? I am in NC....

I am still waiting after 34 days for approval from BCBS AL.. They are killing my nerves.... I hope to God I get surgery by week one of June... Hang in there and keep me posted on what is happening.. I will keep you in my prayers...:huh2:

My advice would be to dump the dumb girlfriend. You have enough on your plate. Good luck on all your other projects.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches