Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want My Band Out NOW

Honey,

Please seek a second opinion, I had a doctor like that who refused to perfom a previous surgery on me, even though I was a miserable mess due to 5 tumors. I sought a second opinion and it changed my life.. you are in control of you, not your doctor.

Take care of you!

Not trying to disagree with you . I dont think it has to be a control issue. I think that medical care needs to be collaborative, you need to communicate and there has to be trust . It does not sound like there is any of that in this situation . I do think that if it is not there it CAN Be regained BUT if it is not then the patient needs to move on . If a patient does not feel like the doctor is listening to then AND Vice Versa then they need to part ways. I have worked for doctors where they have felt the patient is not listening to THEM and they have had to refer them else where . Make sense ?

Mindy

Not trying to disagree with you . I dont think it has to be a control issue. I think that medical care needs to be collaborative, you need to communicate and there has to be trust . It does not sound like there is any of that in this situation . I do think that if it is not there it CAN Be regained BUT if it is not then the patient needs to move on . If a patient does not feel like the doctor is listening to then AND Vice Versa then they need to part ways. I have worked for doctors where they have felt the patient is not listening to THEM and they have had to refer them else where . Make sense ?

Mindy

Well, since I can relate to having no energy because your body is not acting normal and feelling like you are going to die, to me it is a control issue, a person controls whether they still want to continue to suffer or take the necessary steps to improve their quality of life. Which is one of the reasons, that I am being banded Monday.

One thing I have learned is that some Doctors can be very closed minded. Not learning new techniques, trying new drugs, etc. Only sticking with what they learned 15 years ago in Med school. They may not continue their education, just figuring that they have a degree and that is enough. I have family in the medical field and they seek 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions if necessary. A person should have options, and it is obvious that her doctor is not listening to her othewise, he would have completely unfilled her.

Well, since I can relate to having no energy because your body is not acting normal and feelling like you are going to die, to me it is a control issue, a person controls whether they still want to continue to suffer or take the necessary steps to improve their quality of life. Which is one of the reasons, that I am being banded Monday.

One thing I have learned is that some Doctors can be very closed minded. Not learning new techniques, trying new drugs, etc. Only sticking with what they learned 15 years ago in Med school. They may not continue their education, just figuring that they have a degree and that is enough. I have family in the medical field and they seek 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions if necessary. A person should have options, and it is obvious that her doctor is not listening to her othewise, he would have completely unfilled her.

In the sense that a person has to take control of their lives yes of course its a control issue , we all have done that by being banded.

So i think if the doc is not listening and she cant get him to listen she should move on of course. I believe i said that before. I just think the first option should not be to move on from the doc unless he's just not listening at all. And i totally agree with you docs can be very closed minded. I worked for them for 10 yrs and they can be SO very stuck in their ways.

I just think in this particular situation she should try to get the doc to listen and if not then move on . No one deserves to suffer , im not saying that and im sorry that you have.

Everyone deserves to have a great life. If anyone feels they cant trust their doc or cant regain their trust then its time to move on .. I could not go to a doc I cant trust.

Mindy

No I dont think you should give up on the band yet .

I think you have come too far to give up on it, I understand it can be very frustrating . But dont give up yet. Hang in there.

Mindy

How can he say the band didnt slip if you've not been given fluorscopy? How can he have SEEN it to know that?

I'd be insisting on both a complete unfill and further investigation into whether the band is still in place. And if he wont do it, I'd go to another doctor.

So where did the OP go? There hasn't been a response from her for many posts.

ahale005: There has been lots of sound advice given here with many valid questions. I hope some of this makes sense to you and that you'll be able to get some relief. Good luck to you.

~C

So where did the OP go? There hasn't been a response from her for many posts.

ahale005: There has been lots of sound advice given here with many valid questions. I hope some of this makes sense to you and that you'll be able to get some relief. Good luck to you.

~C

Yeah i was thinking the same thing before I posted this .

Mindy

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I hate to ask this but are you taking very small bites, chewing well and waiting between bites? Are you doing liquids for at least 24 hours after you PB. It is important to heal after each episode.

I agree that you must trust your doc and your doc must trust you or it won't work. Find another surgeon or find a fill center and get unfilled and let your stomach heal.