Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I lose without all the water?

I really truly do not believe all the hype about Water. Everythign you eat contains Water, as does everything you drink. As long as you get enough, it is NOT necessary to gulp 8 extra glasses a day and there's plenty of expert opinion that will back up my opinion. Water is like everything, Protein included, you need enough but any more than that is just wasting your effort, money and time.

Of course you need to stay hydrated but if you urinate regularly enough and its not dark then you're getting enough Fluid. It doesnt have to be plain water. You dont have to guzzle gallons of it as long as you're hydrated enough.

Of course I'm talking from the point of view of not eating high levels of Protein, you need extra when you do that becuase of the risk of kidney stones.

That is true everything u eat does have Water in it. However no Doctor, nutrionist, or personal trainer will tell u that Water is not 1 key element to being healthy period. We may not have to drink as much as we once thought, however we do still have to drink it. Most times people retain water becasue they don't drink enough to replinish what was used.

Also by drinking plain ol water will help to rid your body of toxins and to clean u out. Not to say that all water is pure... Use a purifieror what ever u like just drink it....:rolleyes:...Just like drinking milk helps u to loose weight also. It's the Vitamin D... that does it..

That is what a personal trainer said. So there are a lot of things that have good benifits if u use them properly over use of some things are just as bad as not using them at all....

Edited by mstrina27

Okay, I'm a Water HATER and my doc (regular not lapband) told me that tea, crystal light, coffee counts as water intake. Soda of course is a no no, but I drink Iced Tea and Crystal Light as my daily water intake.

Thanks everyone, I will try to get in some Water but I think I'm not at risk of dehydration. I drink all day long Decaf coffee and non caffine tea. my pee in almost clear. I don't want stones. I have a very tight fill so cool and cold will not go thru my band. I'll stick with hot for now and try some hot water with a sugar free crystal lite.

I can't stand artificial sweeteners -- and I can't tolerate them either.

I read an article -- cannot remember where, sorry -- that a certain percentage of the population tastes artificial sweeteners differently -- bitterly. I am definitely in that percentage.

The other thing with artificial sweeteners is that they definitely impact my blood glucose levels. I know Splenda doesn't want it to, but it does. I don't know if I'm alone in this, I've not read enough about it.

I like plain Water, but sometimes want a little flavor. I found this product at my local grocery store. True Lemon® And it is omg good. Tastes just like fresh lemon / lime. (I've not tried the orange, but plan to.)

I know this is way off-topic, but thought someone might find it useful.

To the original poster, can you lose weight without drinking Water? Sure, but water does a body good.

I never really drank a lot of soda. The only soda I ever REALLY liked was ginger ale. I NEVER drink diet soda or anything with artificial sweetners. I consider it all poison. period. If I have a craving for a little sweetner in tea or whatever, 1 teaspoon of sugar at 16 calories per teaspoon or some honey is not going to kill me. I consume it very infrequently, so I don't worry about it. I used to HATE Water. Now I seem to have acquired a taste for it, and now actually crave it. I by no means drink the 100 oz. some say to drink but I average 50 to 60 oz. per day of pure, plain water. It makes me feel better. I don't know if it aids in weight loss, but it makes it easier on the body.

Everyone is making great points and I agree that Water can come in different forms. I will say that the only time I really crave water is after a hard work out. I don't want a fruity cocktail after a 3 hour basketball game. One thing that I miss is the ability to really chug water down. I don't enjoy sipping it and usually forget that it is even around. I am trying hard to remember to eat let alone carry water around with me. I do drink water while eating and always have.

Just another point to make on artificial sweeteners, my hubby is a type 1 diabetic and changed doctors. That doc required him to go to a diabetes siminar (even though he has been diabetic since age 12 and has already had the siminar) but anyways I went with him (since we were getting married I thought it would be a good idea for me to learn everything about it so if something should happen....) In the siminar the Doctor presenting said that artificial sweeteners DO effect your blood sugar levels even though it is said that they don't. Just food for thought.

It's so good to hear someone else say this! I honestly thought I was the only person. Everyone (even on some of the diabetic boards I used to read) seems to love their artificially sweetened sodas, teas and Desserts . . . but they make my blood glucose levels soar as much (more than?) regular sugar / carbs. And..I'd rather have the real thing than the chemiclas in artificial sweeteners. (But not the calories, of course.)

Thank you for posting :(

Just another point to make on artificial sweeteners, my hubby is a type 1 diabetic and changed doctors. That doc required him to go to a diabetes siminar (even though he has been diabetic since age 12 and has already had the siminar) but anyways I went with him (since we were getting married I thought it would be a good idea for me to learn everything about it so if something should happen....) In the siminar the Doctor presenting said that artificial sweeteners DO effect your blood sugar levels even though it is said that they don't. Just food for thought.