Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded on the 15th april

wow I was banded on the 15th...

the acutally banding and surgery is the smallest part of the whole deal.

The biggest deal is the IV .....

Now I am at home living off slim fast low carb... anyone have any suggestions....

I too was banded on 4/15. i've been taking my meds like clock work, and I'm still in some pain. The gas pain is bad, as is the pain in my stomach area. i've been taking phazyme for the gas, and i don't know if it's doing much; lortab and motrin for the pain, those have helped.

I was too banded on April 15th. I have been trying to stay away from the pain meds but I usually need them at night to help me sleep. I also have bad gas pain in my shoulders and chest area. My stomach area is very sensitive and painful. To find out that other people are having the same pains makes me feel alittle better. Good luck on your journey.

Chilly

I've heard that walking helps with the gas (from surgery) pain in the shoulders.

Does this seem to be true in most cases? Or more of a ymmv thing?

I too was banded the 15th. I have been home since then...I finally showered last night! I took my pain prescription like clock work! I could tell when it was almost time to take it again, because the pain was coming back! I have not had gas, but I am pretty much just liquids....liquid everything! Going in and coming out! I finally had a scrabbled egg..very soft & runny tonight for supper. I think part of my problem for feeling tired, is I am not eating like I used too! I started to get hungry today...that is why I ate the egg & I tried some yogurt and that seemed to go down fine.

I am very scared of throwing up- I don't think I will like that feeling! I am also scared of "sliming" but I think that comes when I start to eat more foods. I am hoping to find some support with others that are going through the same thing that I am!

Whew...I am done finally! Thanks for listening!

So, have you been swollen? Are you very sore? Are you able to walk, move around, do your housework, take care of your family.

coltorismom

I am VERY swollen- I can't believe it! Even my Hubby has commented on how swollen I am. I have not done any housework! I don't want too. I am not supposed to lift, push or pull anything more than 10 pounds. This is easy now, but I think the better I start to feel, the more I will feel like doing! I am tired..but I think that is from not eating like my body was used too..I also miss my Diet Coke, but I will not have one....YET! I am scared to try the new stuff into my diet!

wow there are lots of us banded on the 15th....

I have been taking liquid ibprophen for swelling.... My issue has been

gas. I am doing low carb slim fast... I have not had a bath yet...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do that?????

The ibprophen works great for swelling... just get the kids kind and take 400 mgs... which is about one of the little cups that comes with it... It

is the childrens... this was prescribed....

The doc also prescribed lots of pain meds but the pharmacy closed and I did not pick them up so i have been without pain meds and it has not been bad at all...

I have been wearing a girdle the doc gave me...:cry_smile:

started 338 today 315...

Hey guys! Hope you don't mind me posting on this thread. I was banded on the 16th and am feeling a lot better today. The surgical pain was not bad for me, it was the gas pain. I finally started absorbing most of it about 48 hours after surgery. I have some gas today, but not bad. I took a few doses of my pain meds when I was having gas pains so bad, but Ibuprofen has taken care of my surgical pain. I too am so swollen. I almost had a heart attack when I saw myself in the mirror. I looked 9 months pregnant!! That's a lot better today. Still some swelling, but not that bad. I had a shower yesterday and that felt great. Took off all the bandaids. I've actually been sleeping pretty well. I felt really energized yesterday and cleaned the kitchen, then was wiped out for the rest of the afternoon. My energy comes and goes. I have to feel up to driving on Monday. My husband won't be able to help me next week. I'll just have to suck it up and do what I have to do! Good luck all! I hope you all feel much better today!

wow there are lots of us banded on the 15th....

You folks will do anything to get out of doing taxes! :tongue:

Seriously, grats to each of you. As someone starting the journey to getting banded (and a little scared of surgery), it helps a lot to read how amazing you guys are doing!

WTG! :biggrin:

OK, so today I think my swelling has gone down, I can actually see the bandaid where my port is...I never could see that before! I am showering again and then taking off my bandaids. I have been using the hydrogen peroxide three times a day like my Dr. said, and I actually think I feel the best I have today! I am hoping I am on the upward swing! I haven't left the house yet, but I may go to the library later- depending on how I feel!

I am so glad I found this site for support and to know that I am not alone in this venture! It was scary to do it, but I know I will be happy in the long run!

what is the hydrogen proxide for and what do you do with it..??

We can just call this banded april....no rules...

What is everyone living off of...... I am living off of slim fast low carb...

I am only doing ibprophine.... and I am taking a blood thiner shot each

day.... lovenal...:biggrin:

I havent even taken a bath or shower.... should we be removing the tapes from the cuts.... has anyone else done this...

morganfrmn- I am supposed to clean my bandaids over and around with HP 3 times a day, so I have done that. Today they will come off though..before my shower. I am still on pain meds, and I will be until that is all gone. It really helps me sleep at night.

I was on Carnation instant BKft drink with Skim milk for a few times a day, Jello, yesterday I had yogurt and also scrambled egg...(that was GREAT! Having another for lunch!) Otherwise, it was Water, jello, some puddings...everything was smooth consistancy and runny. I am on Stage 2 now for food intake and that will last for 1 to 2 weeks, then I go the stage 3. Stage 2 is egg, smoothies, cream soups..stuff like that. I had a strawberry Carnation Breakfast this morning with a half a banana in the blender....that was AWESOME! I can tell that my body is needing more food intake..of course look at what it's used to getting! I really do miss my DIET COKE!!