Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Brisbane people?

Just wondering, I mean in the states people can just post one message saying "Hey did any of you have this doctor?" But here I've only found one other person that's had lap band surgery with my doctor, I know it doesnt have anything to do with his capabilities but it'd be nice to know there are others that have had the same surgeon if you know what I mean.

Hey I was banded in Brisbane in 2004 by Doctor Nathanson @ the Wesley Hospital. He and Dr Fielding were the 2 big names at the time. I'd love to know your experiences in Brisbane, especially if either of these two did your surgery too :tongue_smilie:

Hey! I havent heard of either of those doctors but the one I might possibly be getting banded by is at the Wesley, his name is Dr. Martin, I've only heard of a couple of people that have had him as there surgeon, only one on here and my gp's fiance actually had him for a surgery (not related to the lap band) and congrats on your weightloss

Thanks a lot Sarah :blushing:

I guess seeing as my surgery was over 4 years ago, there are a ton more doing it now at the Wesley. There were only a couple that did it back then.

Dr Nathanson was WONDERFUL. A very attentive, caring and knowledgeable surgeon. He was fantastic.

Give Brissie a big hug from me, I miss her!!!

Edited by Rubyjade
added stuff

My Dr was Blair Bowden at the Wesley. and I would recommend him to anyone. in fact I have I wonder if you get a finders fee

i was banded on the 18th April by Dr Blair Bowden also - he seems to be very good. i have my first post op consultation on Wednesday.

I was banded on the gold coast in 2001 but have since moved and have Dr Bowden and Dr Dunbombe, both are fabulous

yea both seem really good, i have only had the band for 2 weeks so very early stages but the team at Dr Bowden is great.

did you loose the weight you wished too? have you maintained it? i have 27 kg to loose. i have lost 8 so far since pre-op. it was funny because when i got out of hospital i weighed more than before i started the pre-op had a bit of a stress attack but was quickly re-assured by Jenny (dr bowden's) nurse that this was normal. fortunatley quickly lost it.

I have been stuck at 131 kg for the last week or so :wink2: I go for my 2nd fill on the 8-5-08 I will wait and see how much of a fill I get .:confused:

This will be my fist fill at the hyperdome.

still got a long way to go must say I have noticed that my portion size has changed dramatically.

Leisa i have lost a total of 45kgs, i lost all i wanted to and reached goal but have since decided to lose a little more. Got my first fill in 2 years on Tuesday and have lost 2.2kgs since :-)

Have also had no problem maintaining my weight

hi Bel, thanks for replying, in total i need to loose another 28kg, for me to be happy but the Doc said that my goal weight is to loose around the 35 kg. how long did it take you to loose the 45 kg. i am going to dr bowden on tuesday hopefully will get my first fill...

Hi Leisa,

As my port was a bit lop sided he had 6 atempts at it. Every time the needle got bigger. The first two was like a normal injection after that there was no pain that could be due to the fat in that area. He is what I do I nip myself in the arm as the needle goes in so my mind is focusing on the pain that I am self inflicting rather than the needle. I went for my second fill and was told that I did not need one as I am still doing great- not hungry etc.

I was banded on the 17/3/08 by Dr. Blair Bowden at the Wesley. I take it you are still at the mushy stage. It only took me a couple of weeks and I was allowed to eat solids.